Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Offseason Thread Part III: Revenge of the Smith (p.47 post 554)

Marvin, despite his bloated contract, is what we all hope Earl Clark could be basically. If he wasn't taken #2 (especially in that draft), he wouldn't be as scrutinized.

I don't think you understand how terrible Marvin Williams is. I'd rather keep Hedo and pray to the sun and moon gods that he comes back in shape than give marvin a chance. Dude has no hope after 5 seasons of doing anything meaningful.

And THIS is why you have a shot at him, despite limited assets.

The weird thing is that Atlanta hated it when he jacked up shots because he was also one of their primary rebounders. With Dwight down low? He could hoist those shots and he wouldn't be any different than any other player on the team (minus Dwight, natch).

LINGUINE AND CLAM SAUCE WAS A FAVORITE MEAL OF MINE AS A YOUTH. TODAY I NO LONGER EAT PASTA. THE GRASS IS GREEN AND SO ARE MY JEANS. I HOWEVER, WON'T EAT BABY COW, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS "VEAL".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Wolves made an offer of the number two overall pick to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum, according to a source.

Minnesota has been actively shopping the number two pick in hopes of acquiring a proven veteran.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214235/Wolves_Offer_No_2_Pick_To_Lakers_For_Bynum#ixzz1PwIv4gDg

Guys, I don't want to say strap in, but I got some stuff from my source (such a fun word to throw around) in New Orleans. Lewis4theloss can vouch for me, I was the first to break the CP3 wanting to come to Orlando story, but nobody on this board ever listens to me (I blame Jareth). Here are a series of texts from last night and just a little bit ago.

Last night:

Me: A lot of people are starting those rumors again of CP3 getting dealt, what are you hearing? 12:46 AM

Source: Hearing same thing. 12:48 AM

Me: Really, who? 12:49 AM

Source: Hearing Spurs. 12:53 AM

Me: Are you *****ing serious? For who? 12:53 AM

Source: Dunno my boy.. 12:54 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This afternoon:

(After talking to Hibachi4thewin about the possibility of CP3 to SA and what they could/would give up, it drove me to ask my source about it.)

Me: Is CP3 open to going to San Antonio? 2:21 PM

Source: I'm with him right now, let me ask. 2:23 PM

Me: GOD DAMMIT SOURCE IF YOU'RE WITH HIM ASK HIM ABOUT ORLANDO! 2:23 PM

Me: I only asked about San Antonio because of what you said last night. 2:24 PM

Source: Haa 2:28 PM

Source: He said 'Who wouldn't want to play with Dwight?' 2:34 PM

Source: Kobe and Dwight! 2:36 PM

Me: That's not funny man. 2:36 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are the conversations word for word (with the exception of me cleaning up the "text language" and making everything easier to read). It doesn't say much, but it gives us an idea of what rumors are out there (Spurs?) and hey, we got a quote from CP3.

BUMP

JarrodsNBA JarrodGillis

Defensively Josh Smith obviously would be nice for the #Magic, but for the umpteenth time they need dribble penetration. Need an attacking G

The Wolves made an offer of the number two overall pick to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum, according to a source.

Minnesota has been actively shopping the number two pick in hopes of acquiring a proven veteran.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214235/Wolves_Offer_No_2_Pick_To_Lakers_For_Bynum#ixzz1PwIv4gDg

#2 pick for Hedo!