Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Offseason Thread Part III: Revenge of the Smith (p.47 post 554)

It's that first that worries me. I don't doubt Josh wants to play here, and I don't doubt that Dwight wants him here, but do we have the pieces to make Atlanta bite? I don't think so.

Of course, Otis has surprised me before, but I just don't see it happening. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy

@

@JarethOMMB We'll see. They're trying. I'll know more tomorrow after talking to a few executives. I'm about to jump on a flight to NY.

49 seconds ago

JarethOMMB Jareth Cutestory

@

@AlexKennedyNBA How about you Alex? In your opinion, do we see a move by ORL on Thursday?

2 minutes ago

Gilbert + scraps to make the money work for Joey Jo Jo and Josh Smith. We take their lousy contracts and they get a player who once scored 60 points against the 17-time championship Lakers.

You can't explain that.

• Upvote 1

If having Josh Smith means we keep Dwight, I'd happily overpay for Josh Smith. Take their bad contracts (e.g. MW), give them our best players (Meer, Anderson, Pooh), etc. I know one thing, our defense would be nasty and others would want to join the party.

If having Josh Smith means we keep Dwight, I'd happily overpay for Josh Smith. Take their bad contracts (e.g. MW), give them our best players (Meer, Anderson, Pooh), etc. I know one thing, our defense would be nasty and others would want to join the party.

Not just defense, but we'd be athletic as hell, too. Plus, J Smoove can allow us to go big and put him at the 3 like ATL did to us in the playoffs