Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Offseason Thread Part III: Revenge of the Smith (p.47 post 554)

Other than garbage men, who would trade a valuable player for anything the Magic have to offer (obviously excluding D12)? Rhetorical question. I don't expect any big or meaningful moves by Otis.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Other than garbage men, who would trade a valuable player for anything the Magic have to offer (obviously excluding D12)? Rhetorical question. I don't expect any big or meaningful moves by Otis.

Okay Steve Kyler.

The magic actually have a couple of good pieces that a lot of teams would want, Jameer, JJ, Bass, Anderson, Orton, Q Rich. Im not saying they're star players but all of them have something they can offer to a team trying to compete for a championship (Maybe not Orton but he's a big so he could get interest)

Thanks for the heads up, Magic Fan 4 Life

@shrig021

Adam Shrigley @MisterRudolph in your opinion is jameer a member of the magic in 24 hrs?

1 hour ago via web

Favorite Retweet Reply

@MisterRudolph

Jarrod N Rudolph @shrig021 ... No, I'd have to say no.

13 minutes ago via web

Favorite Retweet Reply

There's still hope!

I really don't understand why everyone is being so down on him. Ok, so he doesn't shoot well from the 3 point line, but we never run an offense that allows for our 4 to set up behind the 3 point line. The dude is a legit 1st team defensive type of player (don't know if he has ever been elected to that, just saying he has the capability to be there on a yearly basis) and even with his awful shot selection, he's 100 times better than Bass and Anderson at the starting 4.

Plus, and this really is the most important thing, this move alone could help Dwight stay in a Magic uni for the rest of his career

Enough said. Obviously I don't think that this move puts us on the same level as Miami, but if the Magic could somehow acquire JR Smith or OJ Mayo, then sign Prince or AK47 with the MLE and then some other filler players (Buike, Hayes, TMac, Vince, random big, back up point). I think that puts our TEAM on a level playing field with the Heat AND Mavs.

Seriously, who looks at this lineup and isn't a little bit intimidated?

Arenas/Hinrich/Draft Pick

OJ Mayo/JJ/Buike

Prince/TMac/Hedo

Smith/Bass/Earl

Howard/Hayes/FA

That is serious depth, scoring, defense, and slashing if you ask me.

EDIT: I guess my main question is, would there be any chance of Otis calling up the Spurs/Portland GM's and saying, who would I have to throw in the trade in order to get Batum? Same thing with Houston and Bucks in order to snag Patterson or Lee (preferably Lee)

• Upvote 2

I wish we could atleast keep Jameer as a back up but unfortunately its time to part ways. If Jameer would have been more aggresive and consistent with his scoring him and Dwight could've been really dangerous.

• Upvote 1

I don't get the Jax hate

The guy plays hard but he is yet another 30-something wing that is likely to bottom out when he gets to Orlando (see Carter, Vince and Richardson, Jason). We would be in this situation again in a year or two. Time to go younger and get someone who can grow with Dwight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

but we never run an offense that allows for our 4 to set up behind the 3 point line.

Rashard Lewis?

Arenas/Hinrich/Draft Pick

OJ Mayo/JJ/Buike

Prince/TMac/Hedo

Smith/Bass/Earl

Howard/Hayes/FA

That is serious depth, scoring, defense, and slashing if you ask me.

EDIT: I guess my main question is, would there be any chance of Otis calling up the Spurs/Portland GM's and saying, who would I have to throw in the trade in order to get Batum? Same thing with Houston and Bucks in order to snag Patterson or Lee (preferably Lee)

Vince?? TMac??

The guy plays hard but he is yet another 30-something wing that is likely to bottom out when he gets to Orlando (see Carter, Vince and Richardson, Jason). We would be in this situation again in a year or two. Time to go younger and get someone who can grow with Dwight.

Jax plays defense, unlike the 2 you mentioned and he has never relied on athleticism to be successful. Apples and oranges