Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Offseason Thread Part III: Revenge of the Smith (p.47 post 554)

The problem with the clearing cap space theory is we need to dump a MASSIVE amount of salary in one year to have any shot at a big time FA. Especially with a hard cap coming. That is the kind of thing you need to plan ahead for, start collecting contracts that expire the same year. It's pretty damn close to impossible to dump that amount of money in one year.

agreed! Im not the type to feel that just cause we the Magic, everything we will fall in place. Im sure other teams are in no rush to help us since they all want our prized possession BUT, things are not as dark as they seem to be. I think any player we pick up must expire next summer or the following summer that way if we need to make additional trades next summer, they will be expiring contracts and easier to move. ( for example, Camby, Miller, Mayo, correct me if I'm wrong )

Next, Turk's contract is not as ugly as it seems, even if we can't move him this season, next summer may be easier becaue last year of his contract is NOT guaranteed ( he made adjustments to his deal just to get out of Toronto )

Amnesty to be used on Arenas or even better..."RUMOR" has it that Arenas will opt out to "help our team and not be the reason we can't move forward" then he gets new contract with us for longer years at a lesser rate.

Only two contracts strapping us down are Gil and Turk, we solve that and NOT pick up big deals along the way and we are in the hunt next summer. ITS ALOT TO HOPE FOR but stay optimistic

or even better..."RUMOR" has it that Arenas will opt out to "help our team and not be the reason we can't move forward" then he gets new contract with us for longer years at a lesser rate.

Please don't take that as a rumor of any kind. . . that was just some crap I've been hoping for and posted like 100 times but there's no actual source or insider info that it's what he's working on

Please don't take that as a rumor of any kind. . . that was just some crap I've been hoping for and posted like 100 times but there's no actual source or insider info that it's what he's working on

Your right, but as stupid as I may sound months from now.... I think Otis knew it would be career suicide to bring him here if that wasn't the case. Seriously, who will hire the guy anywhere in this league after signing Shard for too much then trying to fix a mistake by taking on Gil (especially with the injury and gun incident) CAREER SUICIDE!. there MUST be logic behind it.

Rashard was just as "unmovable" till he swapped for Gil which allowed the NBA to see how Anderson and Bass play, now they have higher trade value then last season and now we have a "unmovable" contract with an option in 2012 (gil's) I know I sound like a fool, I know thats a biggg stretch BUT like I said I got a good feeling about this one here.

w_maxey wendell maxey

keep hearing nicolas batum may be part of deal on draft night even aside from andre miller trade talks. that's a deal breaker in my book.

w_maxey wendell maxey

whereas teams have coveted batum in the past, portland less reluctant to move him now that gerald wallace is in the fold.

I also saw a tweet earlier saying that Miller will most likely be moved.

Too lazy to google translate this

What I said was basically "The calm before the storm, kids. Everything is going to h3ll!"

Well, it did sorta kinda almost, starting on that page.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

If Spurs deal Tony Parker to Kings for 7th pick, expect Omri Caspi to be part of package, sources say. RC Buford has been long fond of him.

Jarrod Rudolph is saying recent RUMORS are saying we are after Mayo and trying for a homerun

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Stern: NBA proposed a targeted $62 million cap. As far as league's best offer? "It's all out there." Wouldn't call it "final" though.

• Downvote 1

Alex Kennedy: The Atlanta Hawks are gauging interest around the league in Josh Smith, sources confirm. They did the same at the trade deadline last year. Twitter

Alex Kennedy: Dwight Howard wants Josh Smith in Orlando, but we'll see if the Magic have the pieces to get a deal done. Twitter

• Downvote 3

I love the ignore function on these new forums.

It's awesome, because you get to see the fact that the person posted, but you don't have to read.

Like this page, I was given a gift twice. This day is going to be great. :)