Sign in to follow this  
Give Me Redick All Day

"Dwight will become Free Agent in 2012"

I know I'm probably going to get negative marks out the ying yang, but I can't help but think what everyone else is thinking too.

If Dwight has already decided not to rejoin the team and if the Magic haven't made up any ground in the title chase toward the middle of next season, does Magic leadership even remotely consider trade offers?

This is the last thing any of us want but we have to admit, this is a possibility. We don't want to end up like Cleveland or like the old Magic after Shaq left.

Does the Magic management even listen? If they do listen, what type of offers would be acceptable?

Would you think:

Nets? Lopez, Favors, Outlaw and draft picks for Dwight and fillers?

Twolves? Love, and others?

I don't know. I'm just trying to think of players who are younger and wouldn't leave us completely ruined.

But I know everyone will consider me the anti-christ for even thinking about it, but we're all thinking it we just don't want to admit it.

I know I'm probably going to get negative marks out the ying yang, but I can't help but think what everyone else is thinking too.

If Dwight has already decided not to rejoin the team and if the Magic haven't made up any ground in the title chase toward the middle of next season, does Magic leadership even remotely consider trade offers?

This is the last thing any of us want but we have to admit, this is a possibility. We don't want to end up like Cleveland or like the old Magic after Shaq left.

Does the Magic management even listen? If they do listen, what type of offers would be acceptable?

Would you think:

I don't know. I'm just trying to think of players who are younger and wouldn't leave us completely ruined.

But I know everyone will consider me the anti-christ for even thinking about it, but we're all thinking it we just don't want to admit it.

Uh...yeah...those trades are great and all but Favors doesn't even play for the Nets anymore. He was involved in a deal earlier this year for some scrub named Deron Williams.

Would you think:

The only time the Magic should be looking to trade Dwight is at the deadline AND it should be to a team that can net us at least two lottery picks, nothing short of that. 2012 should be stacked with talent and the Magic should try to get at least two lottery picks, expirings, and some cap relief by having them take either Hedo, Arenas, or both (good luck with that one, though). No trading Dwight like Denver traded Melo, the last thing we need is a bunch of guys that can be acquired with the MLE or mid 1st round.

Still, trading him is giving up and taking the "easy way out". He already has said he'll become a FA. The FO should be doing everything in their power to make the team better and if it's hard this year they should be looking to clear cap space and luring Dwight in 2012 with the chance of playing with another star. No other way to go about it. . .

The only time the Magic should be looking to trade Dwight is at the deadline AND it should be to a team that can net us at least two lottery picks, nothing short of that. 2012 should be stacked with talent and the Magic should try to get at least two lottery picks, expirings, and some cap relief by having them take either Hedo, Arenas, or both (good luck with that one, though). No trading Dwight like Denver traded Melo, the last thing we need is a bunch of guys that can be acquired with the MLE or mid 1st round.

People over at REALGM are clamoring for a Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka centered deal for Dwight.

I LOVE Harden. REALLY LIKE Westbrook. LOVE Ibaka. But still, even that is tough to swallow.

People over at REALGM are clamoring for a Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka centered deal for Dwight.

I LOVE Harden. REALLY LIKE Westbrook. LOVE Ibaka. But still, even that is tough to swallow.

This somewhat makes sense, except that I'd flip Westbrick for 2012 picks.The Thunder or Clippers will probably be the teams the Magic should deal with IF IT CAME DOWN TO IT, only because they're the few that'll probably be able to sign Dwight outright in 2012 and teams that have young talent.

This somewhat makes sense, except that I'd flip Westbrick for 2012 picks.

I would too. I like Westbrook, but not enough to build around.

Harden and Ibaka are really nice pieces though. Pawn Hedo off on them or something as well and it'd be tough to turn it down if you absolutely 100% knew Dwight was walking.

But next couple drafts look stacked, so yeah, we'd need picks.

• Upvote 1

This somewhat makes sense, except that I'd flip Westbrick for 2012 picks.The Thunder or Clippers will probably be the teams the Magic should deal with IF IT CAME DOWN TO IT, only because they're the few that'll probably be able to sign Dwight outright in 2012 and teams that have young talent.

Yeah, young talent and picks saved up.

Gordon, Bledsoe, Jordan, Aminu, tons of picks from LA?

I am pretty sure that Westbrook has already said he is a big city guy and wants to get back to the big city. No, I do not have a link right now, sorry.

I am pretty sure that Westbrook has already said he is a big city guy and wants to get back to the big city. No, I do not have a link right now, sorry.

Doesn't really matter what he wants. He's still in his rookie contract and will be with whatever team matches his offer. . .

and yeah Jareth, I only see the Magic trading him if by the deadline the team hasn't made any improvements and they have no way of clearing cap space. Either the Clippers or Thunder are good trade partners. Brooklyn Nyets. . . not so much.

Doesn't really matter what he wants. He's still in his rookie contract and will be with whatever team matches his offer. . .

and yeah Jareth, I only see the Magic trading him if by the deadline the team hasn't made any improvements and they have no way of clearing cap space. Either the Clippers or Thunder are good trade partners. Brooklyn Nyets. . . not so much.

Clippers? You think Sterling would pay for a rental in Dwight?

Clippers? You think Sterling would pay for a rental in Dwight?

A rental? Sterling's an ******** and all but they have the cap space to give him the max in 2012 and I doubt Dwight would turn down playing with Blake Griffin in LA for the next few years.

In a dream scenario we trade with Portland for Miller, Camby, LA, and Batum + picks. lol