Sign in to follow this  
Give Me Redick All Day

"Dwight will become Free Agent in 2012"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-dwight-howard-free-agent-0614-20110613,0,2849988.story

I saw it in another thread, full credit to Scrub for pasting the story first. But I thought this needed its own thread.

OTIS GET SOMETHING DONE, DAMN IT! (Even though I know it will be very difficult).

Magic fans should be supporting Dwight not signing an extension right now.

If he does that right now, management probably won't try as hard/shell out the money to put a better team together to keep Dwight. What's the point of keeping Dwight with a crappy team around him? It won't benefit Dwight and it won't benefit Magic fans who want to see a champship contender team.

• Upvote 1

It's really not news. To believe for 1 second that he was ever going to sign the extension is foolishness. Sure I guess some people needed him to hear it "set in stone", but we're talking about a guy who wouldn't even acknowledge that there was an extension on the table in the first place. The onus was on Otis in the first place, we're dealing with the best player in franchise history here, you've gotta find a way to keep him happy no matter what.

It is also on NBA.com. I am a little shocked and disappointed that the Magic Front Office are not doing anything to keep Dwight. To me, it is obvious that Dwight does not trust Smith. So why is Mr Smith still employed with the Magic? Yesterday, I felt pretty confident that Dwight would stay, but not now, not so much.

• Downvote 3

It is also on NBA.com. I am a little shocked and disappointed that the Magic Front Office are not doing anything to keep Dwight. To me, it is obvious that Dwight does not trust Smith. So why is Mr Smith still employed with the Magic? Yesterday, I felt pretty confident that Dwight would stay, but not now, not so much.

I guarantee the front office is doing and will be doing everything they can to keep Dwight in Orlando. If they can't he might leave, but the articles don't tell us anything new that we didn't already know. Make improvements, Dwight probably stays. Fail to do so and he leaves. Don't be impatient, the remainder of this month will be interesting, to say the least.