Sign in to follow this  
Give Me Redick All Day

"Dwight will become Free Agent in 2012"

I guarantee the front office is doing and will be doing everything they can to keep Dwight in Orlando. If they can't he might leave, but the articles don't tell us anything new that we didn't already know. Make improvements, Dwight probably stays. Fail to do so and he leaves. Don't be impatient, the remainder of this month will be interesting, to say the least.

I think it will be a very interesting month too. My main concern is that Smith has used such poor judgment in past 2 years that we will not be able to put together a contending team. If Riley moves either Wade or James, I would say the Magic are in trouble.

I don't think nobody expected him to sign an extension with the way the roster is right now. That's why this will be an important offseason for Otis this summer. Hopefully he could pull something off or else WE'RE DOOMED.!

:chairshot:

Very funny. The Heat need a Center. They really do not need both Wade and Lebron. If you do not think Riley will make a play for Dwight, I do not know what to say.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Very funny. The Heat need a Center. They really do not need both Wade and Lebron. If you do not think Riley will make a play for Dwight, I do not know what to say.

He can make plays for him all he wants, Orlando wouldn't trade Dwight to Miami. For one, it's our rival, and second, for who? Wade is too old, LeBron would be the worst move in PR history, and Bosh isn't good enough.

Riley can call all he wants, after the hardball he played with SVG..... Otis should laugh in his face.

Unless Dwight pulls a Carmelo and says "Miami or I'm walking for nothing," then there's no way he goes to the Heat. They have no draft picks, no good pieces aside from Wade and maybe Bosh, and they're in our division. If Riley calls, Otis hangs up the phone in 5 seconds.

If Dwight was to say that, we would let him walk for nothing.

Exactly. And I'd be perfectly ok with that. haha. But I doubt he would do that.

It's really not news. To believe for 1 second that he was ever going to sign the extension is foolishness. Sure I guess some people needed him to hear it "set in stone", but we're talking about a guy who wouldn't even acknowledge that there was an extension on the table in the first place. The onus was on Otis in the first place, we're dealing with the best player in franchise history here, you've gotta find a way to keep him happy no matter what.

Best player in franchise history?

Unless Dwight pulls a Carmelo and says "Miami or I'm walking for nothing," then there's no way he goes to the Heat. They have no draft picks, no good pieces aside from Wade and maybe Bosh, and they're in our division. If Riley calls, Otis hangs up the phone in 5 seconds.

If he says that I'd let him walk, the Heat can't sign him.