Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

Yeah I mean, if we were somehow able to convince NO to trade us CP3, Jameer would have to be involved. That's why I think that if my source is valid and Otis wants Meer and CP3, it would have to be through free agency

But then we would have to of course rid ourselves of Arenas which goes against the restructuring reports.

Has this been posted already???

The Knicks have had preliminary discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves about a trade for point guard Jonny Flynn.

No formal deal is in place, but the Knicks are debating whether Flynn, the sixth overall pick of the 2009 draft would be a viable option to back up Chauncey Billups for at least one season. Flynn has become expendable now that the Wolves have signed Spanish guard Ricky Rubio, who was taken one pick ahead of Flynn.

Toney Douglas would likely be the player traded for Flynn. However, Douglas is coming off major shoulder surgery, which in theory would make him tough to deal. But Flynn is a similar medical risk. The 6-foot guard out of Syracuse had hip surgery last July and was limited to 53 games in his second year, not including a stint in the D-League

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214188/Knicks_T_Wolves_Discussing_Trade_Involving_Douglas_Flynn#ixzz1Pmo5UgP3

But then we would have to of course rid ourselves of Arenas which goes against the restructuring reports.

I'm not even sure if restructuring is legal in the NBA

How dare you discredit my pessimism by bringing up the 1% chances!

Listen, buddy, Gil is a rhythm player. He only looked as slow as a snail/sloth hybrid because he didn't get the minutes to quicken himself up!

Plus, only one game featured a suitable temperature for his knee, and that was game 6 where he had 20 pts. It was 77° partly cloudy!

At any rate, what's worse than Jameil? Dude's career high is 32 rofl. That's almost half of Gil's!

Take off the homer goggles, pal.

• Upvote 2

I fail to see how that helps either team, couldn't they get something better for Flynn?

Flynn

s value isn't as high as it should be IMO. Injury filled career and he's only been in the league a couple years

Listen, buddy, Gil is a rhythm player. He only looked as slow as a snail/sloth hybrid because he didn't get the minutes to quicken himself up!

Plus, only one game featured a suitable temperature for his knee, and that was game 6 where he had 20 pts. It was 77° partly cloudy!

At any rate, what's worse than Jameil? Dude's career high is 32 rofl. That's almost half of Gil's!

Who's Jameil?

I'm not your buddy, friend, and you're really starting to piss me off. I've gotta admit though, you make some good points. I guess I could lighten up a little bit, I mean, Jameer couldn't even see over the cones at practice to make an entry pass. Plus, he spelled "Eyes" wrong on that tattoo on his back! I don't really want someone that stupid running my team on second thought.

And I guess I can see Gil's potential, one of his knees is still good as new! The other will have him playing all-star ball once the El Nino rolls in. I guess if Gil keeps chucking 'em up some of 'em will go in, right buddy? Gotta keep on keepin' on as they say!

• Upvote 1

Opting out and signing for less. He has a player option for next year.

I'll believe it when I see it. If so, Gil could be the savior of the franchise as well as the craziest human being alive