Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The NBA and fining players for social commentary

Depends? How old is he? I honestly don't get offended very often, and I honestly wouldn't care if someone said that. I would probably teach all my children to not take heed in what people say, because everybody is bullied for something, I know I was.

What difference does it make how old he is? He's old enough to realize that he is attracted to the same sex.

So, because everyone is bullied for some reason, that makes it acceptable? Do you even hear the absurd things that you are saying? Telling your children, "don't pay attention to what others say" isn't going to make hearing slurs any easier to stomach. I'm betting that the truth is you would either be quite upset by it or you don't think there is any chance of you having a homosexual son because you're going to raise your child "right". I'm a hundred percent positive that if I heard a guy yell *** around my gay son, my first reaction would be anger in much the same way as I would be upset if someone yelled retard around my mentally handicapped son.

There are consequences for having opinions. If you support discrimination based off of sexual orientation, and you clearly do in at least a few circumstances, then you are a bigot.....whether you believe you are or not.

Think what you want, I don't care. The fact that everyone for DADT is labeled a bigots just childish quite honestly. Especially when many people believe that women on the front lines is not discrimination and are never called out for it

Think what you want, I don't care. The fact that everyone for DADT is labeled a bigots just childish quite honestly. Especially when many people believe that women on the front lines is not discrimination and are never called out for it

People that are against women on the frontlines, other than the exceptions that I've already mentioned, ARE bigots. And yes, anyone that supports DADT is a bigot.....and it's very rampant in the military and something that needs to change. Just because there are a lot of people that agree with you on a subject, it doesn't make your view any less discriminatory. It just means that you have plenty of company.

I have no interest in reporting you, your pathetic excuse for an argument masked by your faux, arrogant, pompous attitude that is quite honestly laughable

Your hypotheticals consist of OH IF YOUR MOTHER DIED AND GOT RAPED, give me a break. Why don't you make some real points instead confiding yourself in an alternate reality.

Don't remember ever saying that, if I did imply it it was a mistake.

Ah, nice the all-tolerance crowd calling people bigots for having opinions, haven't heard that angle before.

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Lord Xenu is a galactic ruler who once killed an entire civilization's worth of people just because they pissed him off that day.

Who said Xenu was "all-tolerance"? Xenu thinks nearly every Teegeeackian is unworthy of being allowed to breathe.

The difference is that he believes that based on the merits of their character, not their religion, skin color or who they want to *****.

Being "anti-bigotry" isn't the same as being "all-tolerance", and given that you demonstrate at least a perfunctory ability to read, you should have already known that. You're deflecting again, and it's both obvious and pathetic.

And if the "raped mother" example offended you so much, that doesn't explain why you didn't respond to the examples involving South Asians, Arabs, or Mexicans.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

What difference does it make how old he is? He's old enough to realize that he is attracted to the same sex.

You asked what he would think of it. I don't think asking for an age would be inappropriate to determine what he would think.

So, because everyone is bullied for some reason, that makes it acceptable? Do you even hear the absurd things that you are saying?

Yes, because that is EXACTLY what said. EVERYONE SHOULD BE BULLIED, EVERYBODY AND ITS A GOOD THING THAT THEY ARE BULLIED <_<

Telling your children, "don't pay attention to what others say" isn't going to make hearing slurs any easier to stomach. I'm betting that the truth is you would either be quite upset by it or you don't think there is any chance of you having a homosexual son because you're going to raise your child "right".

I disagree. Would you rather me teach him to go cry in a corner if someone is calling him bad names? The world is a tough place my friend, if he can't learn to stomach a few bad words then he has bigger problems. Also, I have no idea what you are implying by the raise your child "right" comment

I'm a hundred percent positive that if I heard a guy yell *** around my gay son, my first reaction would be anger in much the same way as I would be upset if someone yelled retard around my mentally handicapped son.

Good for you?

Especially when many people believe that women on the front lines is not discrimination and are never called out for it

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Now you're just making **** up.

The debate over women serving in front line roles has been going on for decades.

It's that debate that led to women being allowed to serve on submarines, for instance.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

You asked what he would think of it. I don't think asking for an age would be inappropriate to determine what he would think.

Yes, because that is EXACTLY what said. EVERYONE SHOULD BE BULLIED, EVERYBODY AND ITS A GOOD THING THAT THEY ARE BULLIED <_<

I disagree. Would you rather me teach him to go cry in a corner if someone is calling him bad names? The world is a tough place my friend, if he can't learn to stomach a few bad words then he has bigger problems. Also, I have no idea what you are implying by the raise your child "right" comment

Good for you?

You should want to create a world where your child doesn't need to cry in a corner.

You should want to create a world where your child doesn't need to cry in a corner.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time following the "My kids need to have a difficult childhood in order for them to develop into good people" line of logic.

I can create that world as long as they stay at home until they were 18. It would be cool if we could make the world a place you would want to release your kids into. Unfortunately, they just gave us the joy of creating and raising kids to so it makes it tougher to prepare them for it. I have 4 so it's a daily struggle to give them doses of what the world is really like. It ain't pretty that's for sure.

You're buying in too much to the anti-gay rhetoric. If they made gay marriage legal nationally nothing negative would happen. The gays and the anti-gays would continue to be separate.

At first I didn't know this was a thread and then I ignored it, since I've had these kind of discussion time and time again at work, always me vs the world with all sorts of accusations and topic adjustment.. it gets old.

Hibatchi, if you didn't find anything, try again. It's not hard. Today I made a new search and found some more stuff. I'm not just buying. Try Canada, London and Scottland.

WORLD Magazine — Street illegal: pastor fined $1,500 for saying homosexual behavior is a sin

‘Gay’ atheist warns of ‘tyrannous new … liberal morality’ oppressing Christians

Christian Ministry Fined $23,000 in Gay Discrimination Case

I won't come here and tell you I'm ok with gay marriage 'cause I'm not, but if it is approved, I'd like to be able to keep practicing my religion.

I don't want people to be punished for their beliefs when their beliefs are not about killing or slaveing anybody but just in this case that being homosexual is a sin, and nobody is forced to do anything.

I don't want schools to force kids into believing something like it is any fact when there are differing opinions and serious moral implications. Religious beliefs are generlly not taught in public schools. I think it is similar.

I don't want ministers forced to marry people they don't want to. I don't want organizations being chased around by gays because they have moral standards for their employees as faith based organizations.

I don't want people to get banned from adopting because they won't teach kids homosexuality is good.

Here in my land they are already blaming Christian churches when some transexual is killed. Sometimes they don't even wait for the motives.

Gay activists are becoming what they so much say to hate, and they're making you think they're just victims in the process.

I know this thread was basically dead and I don't mean to enter another heated debate. Please just take it as my opinion but try to see the facts.

It's worthwhile to note that citing examples of how other countries deal with things like this is largely irrelevant, since any such dealings in the United States would have to abide by our Constitution, which very clearly supports freedoms of speech and religion. This is hardly a sound argument against allowing gay people to marry.

Didn't read all of the last 10 pages, but here are my 2 cents.

I think of the major issues with "Gay marriage" is that marriage in the Christian world is supposed to be a covenant between the two people getting married before God. Therefore, same sex marriages cannot be in Christianity. IMO, this is the thought process that bleeds into discussions on the secular/legal concept of marriage.

The covenant concept bleeds into the "legal" marriage also, but really a "legal" marriage is nothing more than a contract that binds two peoples assets and future assets into one pool as well as giving the spouse legal priority (for example in determining medical treatments). This allows for certain benefits and conveniences in our society. There is no God or covenant involved here. If people want to have ceremonies that are relevant to them outside of this, as occurs now with religious ceremonies, that's their prerogative.

"Gay marriage" should or could be renamed as "gay asset combining" or something of that nature. I don't see why if two people of opposite genders want to combine assets and prioritize decisions legally, why two people of the same sex can't combine assets and prioritize decisions legally. They just want LEGAL rights like straight people. Religion has no more place in this discussion anymore than it does in any other state decision.