ShefGator2

Trade Rumor Heard on ESPN Radio this morning

Last year I did not like the Iggy deal because of his contract. I thought we could try to get under the cap for 2012. Arenas and Turk messed all that up so now I am all for this, but I do not see why it would not be Turk and Iggy straight up unless they want to give us their pick this year for Anderson. Philly gains by having less salary tied up and allows them to play Evan Turner and Jodie Meeks more.

I would NEVER take back Elton. Now your talking about 2 unmovable contracts in Arenas and Brand and with an amnesty clause (if it even happens), you can only dump one of them.

I love the Prince idea. He brings it in the playoffs (then again I felt the same way about Turk).

Last year I did not like the Iggy deal because of his contract. I thought we could try to get under the cap for 2012. Arenas and Turk messed all that up so now I am all for this, but I do not see why it would not be Turk and Iggy straight up unless they want to give us their pick this year for Anderson. Philly gains by having less salary tied up and allows them to play Evan Turner and Jodie Meeks more.

I would NEVER take back Elton. Now your talking about 2 unmovable contracts in Arenas and Brand and with an amnesty clause (if it even happens), you can only dump one of them.

I love the Prince idea. He brings it in the playoffs (then again I felt the same way about Turk).

Because Hedo sucks, and if Philly simply wanted to get rid of Iggy, why would they take Hedo back in return, why not send him out for expiring contracts at least, let alone a pick/young prospect in return?

If you were relatively certain about the amnesty clause, you might not even need to take Brand back in the deal. We could shed Arenas, and Philly would almost certainly shed Brand. If we had to take him back in the deal, it isn't that bad, he's actually useful. It's not like a second Arenas contract where he's the highest paid player and you're just hoping he "doesn't hurt the team".

I love Jameer, but it is time to move on. He hasn't won us anything and we aren't winning anything with the team as is and we need big changes. The chemistry and friendship with Dwight thing don't really mean much anymore and it isn't enough to get us a title and convince Dwight to stay here. I would hate to see him go, but I think it is the right thing for this franchise going forward.

Unless your literally a telepath and reading Dwight's mind, I'm gonna go with past Magic history and say I don't think so. Unless it's to bring in someone like CP3 or D-Will, you don't move Nelson unless Dwight says it's ok to move Nelson.

Haven't you all learned from the Miller/McGrady and Francis/Mobley disasters? You don't trade your star players best friend. Period. End of story. No matter how logical your argument may be, you simply dont do it unless said Star player signs off on the deal. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 3 times and I'm an effin re****.

Unless your literally a telepath and reading Dwight's mind, I'm gonna go with past Magic history and say I don't think so. Unless it's to bring in someone like CP3 or D-Will, you don't move Nelson unless Dwight says it's ok to move Nelson.

Haven't you all learned from the Miller/McGrady and Francis/Mobley disasters? You don't trade your star players best friend. Period. End of story. No matter how logical your argument may be, you simply dont do it unless said Star player signs off on the deal. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 3 times and I'm an effin re****.

Havent you learned yet that any player that pouts and whines about not getting his way regarding having his 'friends' on the team has been nothing more than a weight on our franchise and eventually gets shipped out/discarded anyway? Dwight wants to win, thats what he said. He didnt say he wants to win as long as Jameer is on the team. If you believe otherwise, post a link then. These guys have all offseason and several days in between to chill with eachother if they are really that good of friends.

Dwight appears to be all about winning.

• Upvote 1

Havent you learned yet that any player that pouts and whines about not getting his way regarding having his 'friends' on the team has been nothing more than a weight on our franchise and eventually gets shipped out/discarded anyway? Dwight wants to win, thats what he said. He didnt say he wants to win as long as Jameer is on the team. If you believe otherwise, post a link then. These guys have all offseason and several days in between to chill with eachother if they are really that good of friends.

Dwight appears to be all about winning.

Don't need to find a quote. Past history is enough. You do nothing that could anger your star player. Period. So what if that means he is a little spoiled. I'd rather Dwight be a little whiny and get his way and stay in Orlando then be like McGrady and tank a season then demand a trade because we shipped out his best friend. Sports franchises are all about keeping there star players happy in anyway possible. When you have a star like Dwight, you go out of your way to make sure he gets what ever he wants. That is the kind of power he has.

Dwight can be all about winning and still want certain things at the same time. The Magic cant just ship off the one guy that has been on the team with Dwight since the year he was drafted and Dwight admits to calling his best friend and co-captain.

Now let me say this, I'm not against trading Nelson (especially if it nets us a stud young PG like CP3 or D-Will). But I am against any deal that would ship Nelson out that Dwight doesn't give his ok on. Which I doubt that any movement that happens on this team in the next year wont at least be run through Dwight anyway.

Don't need to find a quote. Past history is enough. You do nothing that could anger your star player. Period. So what if that means he is a little spoiled. I'd rather Dwight be a little whiny and get his way and stay in Orlando then be like McGrady and tank a season then demand a trade because we shipped out his best friend. Sports franchises are all about keeping there star players happy in anyway possible. When you have a star like Dwight, you go out of your way to make sure he gets what ever he wants. That is the kind of power he has.

Dwight can be all about winning and still want certain things at the same time. The Magic cant just ship off the one guy that has been on the team with Dwight since the year he was drafted and Dwight admits to calling his best friend and co-captain.

Now let me say this, I'm not against trading Nelson (especially if it nets us a stud young PG like CP3 or D-Will). But I am against any deal that would ship Nelson out that Dwight doesn't give his ok on. Which I doubt that any movement that happens on this team in the next year wont at least be run through Dwight anyway.

If your star player is all about winning, then he will ultimately get over seeing his "friend" leave the team if it makes the overall team more competitive. McGrady didn't tank and demand a trade because we traded off Miller, he didn't want to be part of a rebuilding effort, and he thought that Dwight signified rebuilding, while Okafor was more of a "win now" choice.

Players, in general, are immature and spoiled by nature, how could they not be? To make your moves with the intent of keeping someone happy instead of the best interest of the team is dumb. If that's what Otis does, then he wouldn't have shipped C. Lee out in the Carter trade.

• Upvote 2

If your star player is all about winning, then he will ultimately get over seeing his "friend" leave the team if it makes the overall team more competitive.

/argument

I can't believe people are using the "best friend" argument. The fact of the matter is, whether his best friend is on this team or not, if we can't build a championship calibur team around Dwight, he's going to leave. He's not going to stay here and keep getting beat in the 1st or 2nd round because Jameer is here.

/argument

I can't believe people are using the "best friend" argument. The fact of the matter is, whether his best friend is on this team or not, if we can't build a championship calibur team around Dwight, he's going to leave. He's not going to stay here and keep getting beat in the 1st or 2nd round because Jameer is here.

but at the same time you can't just trade jameer for anyone. If Dwight doesn't have any relationships left on this team why would he stay?

I remember T-Mac specifically saying if we traded Miller he would consider retiring to play baseball. That's how much he wanted Miller on the team. If Dwight says we keep Jameer...We keep Jameer. But as stated, if Dwight okays a deal that trades Jameer to bring us in a top notch PG then obviously it will occur.

Dwight is not an idiot. He wants to win, and he knows what a good player is I'm sure. But to be fair, Jameer at most times feels like the only player on this team other than Dwight that actually gives a crap. So unless Jameer is gone for a CP3/Deron why trade him?

• Upvote 1