Sign in to follow this  
Commodore K'nection

One way out for Magic fans -- Trade Dwight Howard for LeBron James

The only way Orlando can get market value for a top 3 player in the league (LeBron James, Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard in that order) is to trade for one of those other two guys.

So here it is: If Dwight Howard refuses to re-sign with the Magic and wants to test FA, the only thing Otis Smith can do is call up the Miami Heat this off-season and offer Howard for LeBron James. Why would Miami do this?

Simple, because Dwyane Wade and LeBron are too similar, with both players requiring the ball in their hands. D-12 is a true big man who complements either of these players better. Howard can provide defense, toughness and low-post scoring without dominating the ball.

Miami would do this deal to field a new big 3 of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Dwight Howard. Orlando gets to rebuild with the best player in the league, while getting true market value with LeBron under a long-term contract.

Could Magic fans imagine LBJ running the show in black and blue?

dwight-howard-lebron-james.jpg

• Downvote 10

If you think Derrick Rose is a top 3 player in the league you're delusional. He's lucky to be top 3 PGs

1- Deron 2- Paul 3- Rose

• Downvote 1

Miami wouldn't consider moving LeBron unless he and Wade get into a big feud.

I'm tired of hearing all the trade Dwight stuff, just stop until Dwight actually says he wants out. As of now, Dwight is in Orlando and the team will be focused on getting players to surround him, not moving him.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If you think Derrick Rose is a top 3 player in the league you're delusional. He's lucky to be top 3 PGs

1- Deron 2- Paul 3- Rose

You really believe that?

• Downvote 1

Why do you keep saying the only thing Otis can do? Ignoring for a moment that you have come up with several ideas on ways to trade Dwight thus making the phrasing "the only thing Otis can do" inaccurate why would we do that knowing that Lebron would be a huge malcontent. That's even if you can get past the fact that Miami is in the ECF right now, why on Earth would they completely rework what they have done when apparently it is working?

I would also add that if Miami was going to trade any one it would be Bosh to cut costs for the new CBA and to increase depth to complement Wade and Lebron and even if decide to move one of those guys don't you think it would be smarter to move the one that hasn't had an injury history coupled with a game that gets him hit frequently? Has the ESPN trade machine become self aware and is now posting on our message board?

I could be completely wrong here but I believe Dwight, I don't think he is a BS'r. That only makes him more unique than any other player in the league and worthy of more than a little faith on our parts.

• Downvote 1

Why do you keep saying the only thing Otis can do? Ignoring for a moment that you have come up with several ideas on ways to trade Dwight thus making the phrasing "the only thing Otis can do" inaccurate why would we do that knowing that Lebron would be a huge malcontent. That's even if you can get past the fact that Miami is in the ECF right now, why on Earth would they completely rework what they have done when apparently it is working?

I'm trying to help you guys out here, because Dwight and Otis have put Magic fans in a bit of a jam. We (the Bulls) are willing to overpay for Dwight, but apparently Magic fans aren't satisfied. They want "true market value" claiming any offer that includes Joakim Noah is insulting.

The next best plan I can come up with is LBJ. Why wouldn't the Heat offer Dwyane or Bosh instead of LBJ? Because they know Orlando would turn it down because those 4 players are ranked in this order: LeBron, Dwight, Dwyane then Bosh. LeBron is a better player than Dwight because he can create, BUT like I said Miami would do it because it better complements what they already have in place. Orlando wins the trade talent-wise, but Miami gets a better FIT for their team.

I'm trying to help you guys out here, because Dwight and Otis have put Magic fans in a bit of a jam. We (the Bulls) are willing to overpay for Dwight, but apparently Magic fans aren't satisfied. They want "true market value" claiming any offer that includes Joakim Noah is insulting.

The next best plan I can come up with is LBJ. Why wouldn't the Heat offer Dwyane or Bosh instead of LBJ? Because they know Orlando would turn it down because those 4 players are ranked in this order: LeBron, Dwight, Dwyane then Bosh. LeBron is a better player than Dwight because he can create, BUT like I said Miami would do it because it better complements what they already have in place. Orlando wins the trade talent-wise, but Miami gets a better FIT for their team.

Are you a GM? If the answer is no, your posts sound ridiculous. Your other thread with the Bulls scenario is SOOO far away from overpaying it's not even funny, if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

How about this? Keep these nonsense hypothetical trade scenarios confined to one thread please because it's getting annoying.

• Upvote 1

The only way Orlando can get market value for a top 3 player in the league (LeBron James, Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard in that order) is to trade for one of those other two guys.

I understand that you are a complete Bulls homer and that Rose won the MVP this season but you seriously need a dose of reality if you really believe the above statement. If I ask you who you would pick to start a team with and you chose Rose over Howard or Durant; I would question either your sanity or your knowledge of the game, or both.

Rose is better then those 2??

Derrick Rose is the League MVP. He single-handedly carried our team this year through stretches when Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah went down. Deron Williams had two chances to get a team into the playoffs but failed, Derrick brought us the best record in the NBA. And you have him the 3rd best PG?

If we were building a team from scratch, pick any player from any team at least half the GMs would take Derrick Rose. The rest would take Dwight Howard or LeBron James. NONE would take Deron Williams, maybe one or two would take Chris Paul.

D-Rose is NOT the 3rd best PG bro. When Derrick takes down the Super Friends in the next round, you will see why D-Rose is truly the league MVP.

• Downvote 10