Sign in to follow this  
UBBALLER8

Magic Johnson and Michael Wilbon campaigning for the Lakers to trade for Dwight

Yes it does, you get to cut long term salary,

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Xenu already explained precisely why that is not the case.

Do...do you know how to read, Teegeeackian?

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

Jesus....I mean wtf? Half the people on this board are talking about what trades we can get for D12. The guy has been nothing but a class act since hes been here so Im gonna believe him when he says he loves orlando and that he doesnt want to leave. Im also going to have a little bit of faith in management to do the right thing and get him some help. And anyone advocating any kind of trade to the lakers should be beaten severely. If you are a real magic fan you should hate that *****ing organization and I for one dont want their rejects in the blue and white. Gasol is obviously past his prime and Bynum has crystal for knees....besides the fact that hes a 7 footer who likes to lay out the smallest players on the court. Why would we want a piece of **** like that? Dwight your the man....hope you never wear anything but magic blue.

Jesus....I mean wtf? Half the people on this board are talking about what trades we can get for D12. The guy has been nothing but a class act since hes been here so Im gonna believe him when he says he loves orlando and that he doesnt want to leave. Im also going to have a little bit of faith in management to do the right thing and get him some help. And anyone advocating any kind of trade to the lakers should be beaten severely. If you are a real magic fan you should hate that *****ing organization and I for one dont want their rejects in the blue and white. Gasol is obviously past his prime and Bynum has crystal for knees....besides the fact that hes a 7 footer who likes to lay out the smallest players on the court. Why would we want a piece of **** like that? Dwight your the man....hope you never wear anything but magic blue.

If you are experiencing disgust at the thought of taking on the Lakers players for Dwight Howard, perhaps you should visit my thread regarding the Chicago Bulls offer. I promise our offer will not include over-the-hill players or those made of vase. Bulls offer doesn't seem so bad now does it?

• Downvote 3

If you are experiencing disgust at the thought of taking on the Lakers players for Dwight Howard, perhaps you should visit my thread regarding the Chicago Bulls offer. I promise our offer will not include over-the-hill players or those made of vase. Bulls offer doesn't seem so bad now does it?

C'MON MAYNEEEEE! Either be a good troll and stop with the trade talk or

33djk1t.jpg

These trade discussions are getting old.

Here is a thought, how has Kobe looked this year? Last I checked Dwights FA date is still 2 yrs away, how is Kobe going to look in 2 yrs? Dwight would be rebuilding there or rebuilding here, the media is so focused on Kobe's name they are just ignoring that he is on the decline and won't be the player that he was in 2yrs.

Did I have a stroke or was it actually stated that Danilo Gallinari could develop into a comparable player to Dirk? What is going on?

Did I have a stroke or was it actually stated that Danilo Gallinari could develop into a comparable player to Dirk? What is going on?

Danilo will never be like Dirk. Gallo is 6-9 at best. He's a shooter, some times slasher. Dirk is over 7 ft tall. Besides dropping bombs from downtown, Dirk is able to score 25 pts a game because he can post up and do his patented fadeway jumpshot which is virtually unblockable. Doesn't matter how much time Gallo has to develop, he will not be another Dirk.

I don't think you realize that no one on this message board has the power to make such trade, talk to management about such trade, or even care about that terrible trade. . .

• Upvote 4

If I were the Magic i'd immediately start filing tampering charges against the Lakers, Magic TECHNICALLY has a job with them and it is unfair, and unethical, for him to go on National TV and try to recruit players for his team like this.

The media and the Lakers can campaign all they want, Bottom line is the Lakers don't have the assets to get the job done, unless we're flipping Gasol or Bynum for a stud wing. Even then, far to risky, I will take Dwight at his word that he wants to stay

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Xenu already explained precisely why that is not the case.

Do...do you know how to read, Teegeeackian?

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

Forget about the Magic for a second. Lets talk about the Lakers. Lakers want Dwight and they need to find a team that will want Pau for some expiring contracts. You don't think OKC would be interested in Pau? According to hoopshype, they are under the salary cap and can eat $10 mill of Pau's salary. Just because YOU wouldn't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/oklahoma_city.htm

If they get rid of Pau, they would just have to restructure Kobe's contract and cut Bynum and Odom who both have team options and they could possibly get Howard and Paul or DWill

If they get rid of Pau, they would just have to restructure Kobe's contract and cut Bynum and Odom who both have team options and they could possibly get Howard and Paul or DWill

They can't "restructure" Kobe's contract.

Explain to me which team has $17 million in expirings AND is willing to take Gasol for it. . .

keep in mind OKC most likely would not help the Lakers get rid of Pau to go after Dwight because. . . well, because they might want to do it themselves.

And, even without Bynum, Gasol, and Odom, the Lakers still have $47.2mil, which isn't enough to sign another max player. And this is without taking into account that $47.2 mil is between 5 players. FIVE. By next year the Lakers will have to sign a few other guys and decide whether or not to pick up some options, which would increase that $47 number even higher.

And that begs the question: why would Dwight want to go to an LA team with a broken Kobe, a done Artest, Steve Blake, and Luke Walton?