Sign in to follow this  
UBBALLER8

Magic Johnson and Michael Wilbon campaigning for the Lakers to trade for Dwight

Please stop making these Trade Dwight of Bust! threads. I swear, the fans could be the driving factor for why Dwight leaves Orlando (if he does). Instead of ignoring the garbage the media spews, you just add to the fire. Keep on pushing the issue like the media and this will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I would rather lose Dwight and get nothing in return than gift wrap him to the Lakers. They've had enough hall of fame big men.

• Upvote 2

I would rather lose Dwight and get nothing in return than gift wrap him to the Lakers. They've had enough hall of fame big men.

Agree wholeheartedly.

snapback.pngemory889, on 08 May 2011 - 09:01 AM, said:

IronMaiden user_popup.png

Agree wholeheartedly.

Dan Gilbert thought the same thing in regards to Lebron/Miami until he woke up and realized he was sodomizing himself by doing so

• Downvote 6

Dan Gilbert thought the same thing in regards to Lebron/Miami until he woke up and realized he was sodomizing himself by doing so

No he didn't. . . the Cavs were contending for a championship, LeBron gave no reason for them to think he was leaving (he even said his goal was to bring Cleveland a championship that year). Had he been traded by Ferry that year, the same year the Cavs had won over 60 games, not only would he have lost his job, but he would've most likely been banned from Cleveland altogether. Not to mention LeBron would've had to want to extend with the team, so things would be way different.

And yes, I'll take a 20% chance in keeping one of the league's best player and 80% of getting nothing in return than a 100% chance of losing the league's best center and top 5 player for a bunch of 3rd bananas

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I hate hearing this, 100% crap.

First of all, the Cavs are supposed to trade LeBron in the middle of a season in which they had the league's BEST record? Because he might have left? Get real. Where the Cavs screwed up was trading for Antawn Jamison instead of Amare because they didn't want to lose JJ Hickson.

Secondly, the Cavs' situation is not as bad as people act like. Yeah, they were horrible, but they have the chance to rebuild and try and build a contender again by winning in the lottery. Everyone here is pissed off that we lost in the first round this year, why would we want to make a trade that insures we do that every year without many options to get out? If we are going to lose Dwight, I'd rather just start over and rebuild from scratch than try and make something out of a roster of overpaid players who won't do anything but win enough games to prevent us from getting a high draft pick. It will be ugly at first, but it could be worth it a few years down the line if we have another rising star. I'm a Bucs fan, I saw this very thing. They fired Gruden and blew up their entire roster to rebuild, everyone in Tampa was livid and questioning the team when they went 3-13 in 2009 but they finally saw the plan come together last season.

• Upvote 2

If we ever trade dwight its going to be a sign and trade after he has already made up his mind.

and that way you ensure yourself the worse possible return on a once in a decade player, brilliant....you need not look further than Cleveland except add in Hedo and Arenas contracts which means a much worse recovery than the Cavs because at least they had a few assets that they could actually move to dump salary...and even with that at best their hoping for a top 3 pick that in 2 years might get them to the first round of the playoffs...

if by trade deadline Dwight hasn't committed, Otis will move him. Any entry level business person knows that and with two recent templates laying out the dynamics and results of those (losing franchise player) types of negotiations and that the Magic already lost Shaq its a no brainer to see what will happen if Dwight doesn't commit prior to the deadline.

• Downvote 4

I hate hearing this, 100% crap.

First of all, the Cavs are supposed to trade LeBron in the middle of a season in which they had the league's BEST record? Because he might have left? Get real. Where the Cavs screwed up was trading for Antawn Jamison instead of Amare because they didn't want to lose JJ Hickson.

Secondly, the Cavs' situation is not as bad as people act like. Yeah, they were horrible, but they have the chance to rebuild and try and build a contender again by winning in the lottery. Everyone here is pissed off that we lost in the first round this year, why would we want to make a trade that insures we do that every year without many options to get out? If we are going to lose Dwight, I'd rather just start over and rebuild from scratch than try and make something out of a roster of overpaid players who won't do anything but win enough games to prevent us from getting a high draft pick. It will be ugly at first, but it could be worth it a few years down the line if we have another rising star. I'm a Bucs fan, I saw this very thing. They fired Gruden and blew up their entire roster to rebuild, everyone in Tampa was livid and questioning the team when they went 3-13 in 2009 but they finally saw the plan come together last season.

no - that is not what I said, Dan Gilbert said he would not give Lebron a S/T which would make Miami signing easier but he quickly realized if he didn't he would get back ZERO making a bad situation even worse.

and the recovery for the Magic wont be as easy...because of two very big virtually unmovable contracts

no - that is not what I said, Dan Gilbert said he would not give Lebron a S/T which would make Miami signing easier but he quickly realized if he didn't he would get back ZERO making a bad situation even worse.

and the recovery for the Magic wont be as easy...because of two very big virtually unmovable contracts

My bad then.

Hedo's contract isn't as bad as it looks, he exercised an option to get traded to Phoenix that cuts a lot of his salary at the end of his deal. But we aren't going to need cap space during the first few years of rebuilding anyways, nobody is gonna want to come here, we'll have to do it in the draft.

There's still a huge difference between LeBron STing to Miami and Dwight STing to LA. . . and that is that Miami had the cap space to sign LeBron anyways. LA doesn't (unless they perform some actual voodoo in the next year). If LA is the only team Dwight's interested in and the only way they get him is by a trade, you let him expire and try to re-sign him. . . if he says no you see what any of the teams capable of signing him offer, if none of it interests him, he'll either sign with the Lakers for the MLE or take the Magic's max offer.

There's still a huge difference between LeBron STing to Miami and Dwight STing to LA. . . and that is that Miami had the cap space to sign LeBron anyways. LA doesn't (unless they perform some actual voodoo in the next year). If LA is the only team Dwight's interested in and the only way they get him is by a trade, you let him expire and try to re-sign him. . . if he says no you see what any of the teams capable of signing him offer, if none of it interests him, he'll either sign with the Lakers for the MLE or take the Magic's max offer.

what makes you think other teams beside LA won't be in the picture...sign and trades don't have to be 1-1 it can be a three team deal that gives the third team Bynum - just off the top of my head NJ will have cap room and agility to do it giving both LA and Nets what they want and leaving the Magic with a huge exception that they have to use within a year or lose in its entirety which btw is something Cleveland is freaking at about because the whole new CBA negotiations might means there is a good chance they will lose it meaning they lost Lebron for garbage picks throwing salt on the wound...