Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Jameer..."See ya in the 2nd round, Derrick"

Miami also held that championship party before they even set foot in the court. . . I'm surprised they didn't go 0-82 and even more surprised Philly and Boston lost games to them in the playoffs.

Really, when you play well and win you can pretty much say any garbage and people will believe you.

More importantly when you go from shooting in the 30's from 3 to in the 50's you end up being pretty tough to beat.

But enough of that number talk! Junkie! Find the quotes! You have the key to the links around the interwebs! Come on, thrill us with your unbiased reports!

I see a lot of Bulls fans using the term, "regress to the mean".

Once upon a time I thought that as well. Me thinks Mr. Johnson sacrificed an entire KFC to Jobu before this postseason.

Once upon a time I thought that as well. Me thinks Mr. Johnson sacrificed an entire KFC to Jobu before this postseason.

On Twitter, they honestly sound EXACTLY like us after Game 1.

I still think the Bulls win though.

The Hawks are not who we thought they were. :happypuppy:

Bulls fans lulz. BUBUBUBUBUUB THEY CANT KEEP SHOOTING LIKE THIS THE WHOLE SERIES

This is gonna be fun.

Wow sounds like the foolish hopefuls on this forum during our series with them.

Wow sounds like the foolish hopefuls on this forum during our series with them.

Is it really foolish to believe a team won't continue to do things they normally don't do? If the Magic played completely differently in game 1 and started to get easy layups, drive to the hoop and get to the line, and cut to the rim, would it be foolish to believe they wouldn't continue to do it, even though it's out of character and happens every other 5 games. . .?

Good news everyone! Because the Hawks director of communications disrespected Jameer by leaving 2 tickets for him in Chicago we are going to go 82-0 next year win the title with straight sweeps and our average margin of victory will be 150 pts per game! Jameer will grow by 7 inches and pulverize the league when he unleashes his newly patented half court "Statue of Liberty" dunk.

Thanks Bro!

Is it really foolish to believe a team won't continue to do things they normally don't do? If the Magic played completely differently in game 1 and started to get easy layups, drive to the hoop and get to the line, and cut to the rim, would it be foolish to believe they wouldn't continue to do it, even though it's out of character and happens every other 5 games. . .?

Joey JoJo and Jamal Crawful are only good at one thing. Making off-balance, contested jumpers with 2 seconds on the shot-clock.

Is it really foolish to believe a team won't continue to do things they normally don't do?

"Fool me once....."

It depends on what you define as "normal". Yes, the Hawks didn't play that way against other teams, but against us this whole season, it seemed like every shot they threw up seemed to fall. Just hoping that the other team slows down in terms of shooting isn't going to cut it. There needs to be defensive adjustments, new strategies, etc. Maybe Thibidou can do a better job than SVG.

Not only that, making difficult shots seems to be a trend for Hawks basketball this post-season. Who am I to speculate that this trend shall end in the second round?

I didn't really watch their games vs. CHI this season (I think CHI won 2-1), but it seems like they may have a repeat performance of the the series against us. I guess I won't feel as bad now.

"Fool me once....."

It depends on what you define as "normal". Yes, the Hawks didn't play that way against other teams, but against us this whole season, it seemed like every shot they threw up seemed to fall.

I didn't really watch their games vs. CHI this season, but it seems like we may have a repeat performance of the the series against us. I guess I won't feel as bad now.

They lost to the Bulls by 18 and 33, the one game they won was by 3pts, the game Rose went 5-21 for 12 pts

By games 4 and beyond I wasn't surprised at the Hawks hitting those shots, but these are still awful shots and it showed since ATL had one of the worst offenses amongst playoff teams (only Indiana was worse).

This is seriously disgusting though. . . seeing a team winning playoff games with that kind of offense and those kinds of shots has to be a slap to the face of offensive and defensive coaches all over the world.