Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Jameer..."See ya in the 2nd round, Derrick"

Not one time did I blame losing the series on Jameer Nelson....as usual, you guys putting words into my mouth that I didn't say.

What I was saying is I blame Jameer's comments on amping up the Hawks intensity.

A guy brings an honest topic to this board that was talked about on SportsCenter and gets insulted.

I would also like to thank Jameer and our entire backcourt's defense for helping to make Jamal Crawford and Joe Johnson look like 1st team All-Nba.

For those of you bashing Hedo it's pretty sad when SVG had to put him on Joe Johnson to slow him down because he was torching our other guards.

I'd like to see the numbers from some of you stat hounds on Hedo's defense in the series against Josh Smith as compared to what our guards did against Crawford and Johnson.

Just a quick glance at the boxscore's from me sees the only game Josh had a double-double was the game we blew them out and Hedo only played 18 minutes because of foul trouble.

Considering the athleticism advantage Josh Smith owned over Hedo I actually thought Hedo did a decent job.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Josh Smith essentially guards himself everytime he takes a jumpshot.

• Upvote 3

The Hawks are sloppy seconds

Just as we rode the "Disrespect" card all the way to the Finals in 08/09 (even in the Finals, SVG pregame speech in G1 was all about the disrespect of the media to the team after LeBron´s handshake refusal), they are using it now with Jameer´s comments.

I really don´t see them upsetting the Bulls, but Memphis has gone great ways in starting to believe in upsets during this playoffs.

The Hawks are sloppy seconds

Just as we rode the "Disrespect" card all the way to the Finals in 08/09 (even in the Finals, SVG pregame speech in G1 was all about the disrespect of the media to the team after LeBron´s handshake refusal), they are using it now with Jameer´s comments.

I really don´t see them upsetting the Bulls, but Memphis has gone great ways in starting to believe in upsets during this playoffs.

The Disrespect card got us to the finals?

I wasn't going to post in this thread again but since it's back, I have a few questions for anyone that cares to answer. Who disrespected the Lakers last year? The year before that? What about the Celtics the year before that? Can someone tell me who disrespected or make negative comments about players on the Spurs championship teams? The 95-96 Bulls? Surely someone must have made a comment about them. How about the 71-72 Lakers? Can anyone help me out with these questions?

The Disrespect card got us to the finals?

I wasn't going to post in this thread again but since it's back, I have a few questions for anyone that cares to answer. Who disrespected the Lakers last year? The year before that? What about the Celtics the year before that? Can someone tell me who disrespected or make negative comments about players on the Spurs championship teams? The 95-96 Bulls? Surely someone must have made a comment about them. How about the 71-72 Lakers? Can anyone help me out with these questions?

The referees disrespected the game of basketball by holding that Wade free throw line parade in 2006. . . does that count?

Eureka! I discovered how Atl was able to beat us! David Aldridge just said that Joe Johnson thought a lot about being boo'd off the floor after we blew them out last year. It's our whole teams fault! If only we had beaten them by fewer points we would still be in the playoffs today.

Wait a second how is it even possible that the Bulls are in the 2nd round? With Jameer's comment it should have magically (no pun intended) powered the Pacers past Chi. It's a law of nature.

Did anyone catch the quote from one of the Bulls players about seeing Miami in the ECF? It has to be somewhere, can someone find that for me. It had to happen because Atl is up by 11 with under a min to go.

Eureka! I discovered how Atl was able to beat us! David Aldridge just said that Joe Johnson thought a lot about being boo'd off the floor after we blew them out last year. It's our whole teams fault! If only we had beaten them by fewer points we would still be in the playoffs today.

Wait a second how is it even possible that the Bulls are in the 2nd round? With Jameer's comment it should have magically (no pun intended) powered the Pacers past Chi. It's a law of nature.

Did anyone catch the quote from one of the Bulls players about seeing Miami in the ECF? It has to be somewhere, can someone find that for me. It had to happen because Atl is up by 11 with under a min to go.

Miami also held that championship party before they even set foot in the court. . . I'm surprised they didn't go 0-82 and even more surprised Philly and Boston lost games to them in the playoffs.

Really, when you play well and win you can pretty much say any garbage and people will believe you.

Why is it that NBA announcers and analysts ALWAYS say that the nba season has nothing to do with how the playoffs perform? But! They always use stats from the NBA season and use wins vs. losses in the NBA season in comparing two different teams in how players will perform and how the team should perform. If it has nothing to do with the playoffs then why do they feed us useless information?