Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

NBA TV

I just found out that tonights game is on NBATV AGAIN!!!

For those of us who aren't paying for that stupid channel, this is complete crap.

Why is every single Laker/Heat/Celtic game on ESPN or TNT, but 3 out of the 6 games for the Magic have been on NBATV?

Does anyone else smell foul? I just don't understand how they could be so blatently biased.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No one wanted the rights to this series because nobody thought it would be very interesting. Honestly, outside of Central Florida and Atlanta, no one cares about these two teams, anyways. That's the price of being in a small market. It's all about money for the Networks.

Does anyone else smell foul? I just don't understand how they could be so blatently biased.

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Foolish man-animal!

Putting broadcasts on television costs money, and television networks are businesses seeking to make money. They will logically do what benefits them most financially.

A Lakers or Celtics or Bulls game will get more viewers than a Magic/Hawks game. More viewers means more ad revenue which means more money for the networks.

Stop acting like there is a conspiracy. This is a business, not an everyone-gets-to-play 12 and under youth basketball league.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I just found out that tonights game is on NBATV AGAIN!!!

For those of us who aren't paying for that stupid channel, this is complete crap.

Why is every single Laker/Heat/Celtic game on ESPN or TNT, but 3 out of the 6 games for the Magic have been on NBATV?

Check your PM

Aye I feel your pain, but there is reason, unfortunately the world works that way. I would happily pay for NBA TV if I could get it, I have to pay for League Pass to watch games and I also pay for ESPN as part of my tv package. That's the price of being a fan I suppose :cheers:

I don't think Atlanta brings enough viewers to justify the primetime spot. Not to mention, geographically we're both sharing a similar market. If we were playing, for instance, Toronto we wouldn't be facing games on NBA tv.

Foolish man-animal!

Putting broadcasts on television costs money, and television networks are businesses seeking to make money. They will logically do what benefits them most financially.

A Lakers or Celtics or Bulls game will get more viewers than a Magic/Hawks game. More viewers means more ad revenue which means more money for the networks.

Stop acting like there is a conspiracy. This is a business, not an everyone-gets-to-play 12 and under youth basketball league.

Quite possibly the funniest post i have ever read from you!

• Upvote 2

Yeah it sucks. For people like me living in Atlanta, NBA TV gets blacked out and have to resort to watching Sports South and hear the commentators ***** about how Dwight sets illegal screens.... every 10 seconds.

Foolish man-animal!

LOL basically right... Haven't you noticed all the small market teams match ups have been on NBA TV and not on National TV.

Grizzlies vs Spurs and Hawks vs Magic basically has been exclusively on NBA TV if you haven't noticed.

Hence why the small markets teams are not favorable to get to the big stage because they don't bring in the same big $ Revenue as the Big Market teams unless they drop the 3 Bomb on opposing teams....