Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

Game 6 Orlando @ Atlanta

Anybody else get kind of irked by the way that the media is taking Dwight's numbers on Tuesday?

From what I can tell and I thought was obvious was that Dwight actually got a break. People are saying it can't be one or the other (Dwight or the team scoring) or that you can't just avoid him when he's the best player on the team. I mean, he's not a selfish player and the ball will get to him to score. First of all, he is the defensive player of the year not offensive. Not that it isn't a magnificent skill he has but, just noting. Second, Stan saw an opportunity give him a break. I'm going to bet that he won't get those very often. (obvious I know) On said "breather" we go on a 16-4 run and then later throw malik a bone so he can score one point... Anyway, what do you think?

I really dont want to be right about this, I really don't.... :panicworker:

Let's see how much we've grown up from last year

P.S.: it's going to be crazy seeing the forums tonight, regardless of what happens...

Anybody else get kind of irked by the way that the media is taking Dwight's numbers on Tuesday?

From what I can tell and I thought was obvious was that Dwight actually got a break. People are saying it can't be one or the other (Dwight or the team scoring) or that you can't just avoid him when he's the best player on the team. I mean, he's not a selfish player and the ball will get to him to score. First of all, he is the defensive player of the year not offensive. Not that it isn't a magnificent skill he has but, just noting. Second, Stan saw an opportunity give him a break. I'm going to bet that he won't get those very often. (obvious I know) On said "breather" we go on a 16-4 run and then later throw malik a bone so he can score one point... Anyway, what do you think?

Dwight was struggling on offense early. He got in foul trouble. We sat him hoping our bench could last a couple of minutes without Dwight. The bench dominated. No need to get Dwight beat up in a blowout.

In a closer game he would have a better stat line.

I don't know if this even deserves a response.

I was trying to bring a positive message to your down post. Charles Barkley says we are going to win, and he is right more than another announcers. Having a positive attitude is the least we can do for guys after that great game Tuesday.

Dwight was struggling on offense early. He got in foul trouble. We sat him hoping our bench could last a couple of minutes without Dwight. The bench dominated. No need to get Dwight beat up in a blowout.

In a closer game he would have a better stat line.

Just funny the way analysts on nbatv and espn are viewing his performance as a problem in team chemistry and ability to flow together all at one time.

Just funny the way analysts on nbatv and espn are viewing his performance as a problem in team chemistry and ability to flow together all at one time.

Well i mean it kinda does effect the ability for everyone to play well at the same time. Dwight taking more shots is going to limit the shot attempts of somebody else. I just don't understand why analysts think this is a bad thing and why they think everyone played well because Dwight wasn't playing well rather than reality which is Everyone played well so Dwight didn't need to play well (on the offensive end).

Well i mean it kinda does effect the ability for everyone to play well at the same time. Dwight taking more shots is going to limit the shot attempts of somebody else. I just don't understand why analysts think this is a bad thing and why they think everyone played well because Dwight wasn't playing well rather than reality which is Everyone played well so Dwight didn't need to play well (on the offensive end).

Right, I agree. It seems that the idea that if the game was closer while everyone was playing as productively as they did that the ball wouldn't have been passed to him. Obviously he would have had the ball in his hands and he would have gotten his double double. Granted jrich may not have scored 17 or duhon his 3 where ever you want to take the points from, but leave it to the media to dig some sort negativity from what ever backwards ideal it comes from.

I think this game is going to be a steady diet of dribble penetration off of pick and rolls. The Hawks apparently suck at Pick and roll defense.

Lets hope our guys recognize that issue of theirs and use it in our advantage.

That said, I have fears they won't.