Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Magic won't fire Otis, SVG regardless of Hawks series

Fire the obnoxious beer-selling guy by the Baseline Bar. He's too much.

SVG is one of the better coaches in the league. Otis is bla to me. I'm guessing they don't win it all this year so this summer will be busy. A guy I would keep an eye on is Rudy Gay in Memphis. While he played this year the team was so so but look what they've done in the playoffs. Would they move him?

SVG is one of the better coaches in the league. Otis is bla to me. I'm guessing they don't win it all this year so this summer will be busy. A guy I would keep an eye on is Rudy Gay in Memphis. While he played this year the team was so so but look what they've done in the playoffs. Would they move him?

They just gave ZBo a huge extension and Marc Gasol is a RFA next year, so depending on how much they offer for him they might not match because it might be too much. . . their team seems to run a lot better when it goes through Marc/ZBo as opposed to Gay, so there is the possibility of them moving him

only problem is that Gay's contract is really bad and it would be tough for the Magic to get him while giving Memphis some cap relief.

so I wouldn't rule it out, and maybe it would take re-signing (and trade) JRich + JJ + Hedo for Gay & Mayo, or something similar. Not sure how Memphis feels about Mayo and Gay, though.

I'm not sure, though. I doubt they want to add even more cap space unless they're completely set on not going after CP3/DWill, and if that's the case I'd hope it'd be for some solid players with potential to be stars, and not freaking JR "what's a good shot?" Smith

They just gave ZBo a huge extension and Marc Gasol is a RFA next year, so depending on how much they offer for him they might not match because it might be too much. . . their team seems to run a lot better when it goes through Marc/ZBo as opposed to Gay, so there is the possibility of them moving him

only problem is that Gay's contract is really bad and it would be tough for the Magic to get him while giving Memphis some cap relief.

so I wouldn't rule it out, and maybe it would take re-signing (and trade) JRich + JJ + Hedo for Gay & Mayo, or something similar. Not sure how Memphis feels about Mayo and Gay, though.

I'm not sure, though. I doubt they want to add even more cap space unless they're completely set on not going after CP3/DWill, and if that's the case I'd hope it'd be for some solid players with potential to be stars, and not freaking JR "what's a good shot?" Smith

I agree completely. I'd love to see Rudy with the Magic, but unless we could convince Memphis to trade with us and the Hornets in a 3 way, with us landing Paul and Gay, I just don't see us landing an all-start type player like Rudy.

What about Travis Outlaw? Thats a guy I've wanted in a Magic uni for a long time. I don't know if the Nets are sort of locked in with him being their young core with DWill and Lopez, but I would certainly like to see him in a lineup and I think he's easier to get than Rudy. Then maybe that would give us enough options to go after Paul as well?? Idk

• Upvote 1

I agree completely. I'd love to see Rudy with the Magic, but unless we could convince Memphis to trade with us and the Hornets in a 3 way, with us landing Paul and Gay, I just don't see us landing an all-start type player like Rudy.

What about Travis Outlaw? Thats a guy I've wanted in a Magic uni for a long time. I don't know if the Nets are sort of locked in with him being their young core with DWill and Lopez, but I would certainly like to see him in a lineup and I think he's easier to get than Rudy. Then maybe that would give us enough options to go after Paul as well?? Idk

Didn't he just sign a terrible contract this past year? One of the biggest complaints made about Otis is overpaying Role players. I could be wrong about his contract though.

I'm not exactly sure this is possible but it just a idea i thought of so bare with me. J.Rich is expiring contract and currently makes more than Gay so say draft night we make a trade J.Rich Anderson and Orton for Gay Ish Smith and a 2nd round pick. Memphis gets out of Gay contract and has money to go out and retool around ZBO Gasol and Conley plus they upgrade there front court with Anderson and get a young big to develop behind Gasol. We get a Superstar wing that could play the 2 or 3 a draft pick to replace Orton. If we can add a defensive minded 2 and 4 we would be great with Arenas or Nelson at the 1 Gay at the 3 and Howard in the middle

Didn't he just sign a terrible contract this past year? One of the biggest complaints made about Otis is overpaying Role players. I could be wrong about his contract though.

His contract was 5 yr 35 mil

I was thinking more along the lines of trading Turk or a package of players for Outlaw.

I'm really just thinking of players that can be improvements in the areas that we need. SF, PF

Just off the top of my head, I think Outlaw, Prince, G. Wallace, possibly Terrance Williams - could be legitimate SF potential prospects. In my opinion

As far as PF go - Scola, Diaw, Antawn Jamison (if he doesnt retire), Josh Smith, David West - could be legitimate PF potential prospects.

Then just for fun, looking at PG - Paul, Williams, Harris, Holiday - could be legitimate PG potential prospects, thinking solely of getting younger and more athletic in certain positions.

• Upvote 1

His contract was 5 yr 35 mil

I was thinking more along the lines of trading Turk or a package of players for Outlaw.

I'm really just thinking of players that can be improvements in the areas that we need. SF, PF

Just off the top of my head, I think Outlaw, Prince, G. Wallace, possibly Terrance Williams - could be legitimate SF potential prospects. In my opinion

As far as PF go - Scola, Diaw, Antawn Jamison (if he doesnt retire), Josh Smith, David West - could be legitimate PF potential prospects.

Then just for fun, looking at PG - Paul, Williams, Harris, Holiday - could be legitimate PG potential prospects, thinking solely of getting younger and more athletic in certain positions.

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Do you have any idea how awful Outlaw has been this year?

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Do you have any idea how awful Outlaw has been this year?

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

Right. Outlaw was great between 07-09 because he was a high energy guy who could hit the three and cause matchup problems.

in 10-11 Outlaw is a guy being paid a lot of money to be an energy guy who can't hit any shots at all.

I think New Jersey is just where basketball goes to die.

Right. Outlaw was great between 07-09 because he was a high energy guy who could hit the three and cause matchup problems.

in 10-11 Outlaw is a guy being paid a lot of money to be an energy guy who can't hit any shots at all.

I think New Jersey is just where basketball goes to die.

Thats why Outlaw needs out of New Jeresey...and Deron Williams for that matter...so maybe we could snag both somehow.

Thats why Outlaw needs out of New Jeresey...and Deron Williams for that matter...so maybe we could snag both somehow.

i don't trust him improving enough to support his contract. He was interesting on a short $4mil/year contract. He's poison on a 5 year $7mil/year contract.