Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

I really have no idea what those guys could get us right now. So many factors involved, like what the other team wants..who they fear they could lose..who costs too much for them..etc.

Good question on bigs .We will revisit that one in a little bit. I know if there is no lockout that we should have Fran here with Orton as well. The Magic would want to add one more guy to the mix I am sure.

And personally, I would like to have the singer Prince over Tayshaun. I watched enough Chappelle show to know that man can ball.

dave-chappelle-prince-o.gif

True, but it would be hard to convince him to sign.

I really have no idea what those guys could get us right now. So many factors involved, like what the other team wants..who they fear they could lose..who costs too much for them..etc.

Good question on bigs .We will revisit that one in a little bit. I know if there is no lockout that we should have Fran here with Orton as well. The Magic would want to add one more guy to the mix I am sure.

And personally, I would like to have the singer Prince over Tayshaun. I watched enough Chappelle show to know that man can ball.

Once again thanks catman. I was thinking could we get a guy like Prince with the BAE or even the TPE from the Suns? That would make us pretty tough in the east if we could get Gil healthy J.R Smith Prince Bass and Howard as a starting 5. If we did land CP3 where would that leave Gil if he did opt out so we could retool?

JR Smith could be neato when he's on, but I don't see, except for age, how he fixes any problems at the wing. Maybe with a change of scenery, Smith could blossom to another level, but the guy is as streaky as they come and he isn't big at all. He'll be just as undersized on defense as anyone else we've got right now.

JR Smith = cool prospect, but not the answer.

That said, this season isn't over, we're winning on Tuesday.

However, even if we ignite something and go all the way and win the championship, Miami and probably NY are just going to get better in the next few years and we need to do something to make a play for CP3 or DWill or I don't think we'll be able to compete whether Dwight stays or not.

Once again thanks catman. I was thinking could we get a guy like Prince with the BAE or even the TPE from the Suns? That would make us pretty tough in the east if we could get Gil healthy J.R Smith Prince Bass and Howard as a starting 5. If we did land CP3 where would that leave Gil if he did opt out so we could retool?

Arenas

Smith

Prince

Bass

Howard

That lineup is still not much, if at all, better than what we have now. Plus, Prince is older than J Rich and Bass shouldn't start. I'm all for a youth movement

I say we get someone that's won a championship and played more of a roll than watching from the bench. I guess that's why I keep going back to Tayshawn: guy plays great defense, scores consistently, can hit freethrows, rebounds, can run the floor, has a high basketball IQ, etc. I seriously see no downside in getting him.

Other than that, it's going after bit-player Celtics or Lakers and hoping they're not too old to contribute.

CP3 would be awesome, but I just don't see us having the pieces to wrestle him away from the Hornets.

Arenas

Smith

Prince

Bass

Howard

That lineup is still not much, if at all, better than what we have now. Plus, Prince is older than J Rich and Bass shouldn't start. I'm all for a youth movement

I disagree only bc Prince can defend much better than Hedo and J.R Smith has the ability to be a top 10 defender in this league and would light Johnson and Crawford up if there matched up on him. A healthy Arenas TRUMPS Nelson 7days a wk and twice on sunday and Bass would benifit from playing on the weak side and shooting wide open jumpers when Gil or Smith attacks the basket as opposed to trying to create for himself which sometimes gets in him trouble

That's all well and good negative Nancy, but I have too much repsect for these guys to give up on them...no matter how bleak it looks. Win or lose, I expect their best effort in game five. I don't expect them to throw in the towel, so I wont either.

That's it, I'm sold! I was buying into all the off-season moves talk, but then I read this: I'M BACK BABY! This is the official "Give Me Redick All Day RALLY CRY!"

In the immortal words of Will Smith's character from Independence Day: "I AIN'T HEARD NO FAT LADY!"

will-smith.jpg

• Upvote 1

I say we get someone that's won a championship and played more of a roll than watching from the bench. I guess that's why I keep going back to Tayshawn: guy plays great defense, scores consistently, can hit freethrows, rebounds, can run the floor, has a high basketball IQ, etc. I seriously see no downside in getting him.

Other than that, it's going after bit-player Celtics or Lakers and hoping they're not too old to contribute.

CP3 would be awesome, but I just don't see us having the pieces to wrestle him away from the Hornets.

Not to mention that Tayshaun was a guy that helped Dwight out during the Olympics with his defending more agile bigs. I think there's probably a friendship there.

And from a basketball standpoint, everything you said is right. He is one of the more solid defenders in the league who can guard Kobe, DWade, Lebron, Josh Smith. Basically anyone playing the 1-4 spot, he can guard. He's pretty solid from 3, BUT most importantly he's won a championship and knows what it takes to get back to that level. The Pistons teams of a couple years ago were great not because they had a bunch of all-stars, they were great because they played as a team. I think Tayshaun would really help the Magic out, I've put his name out there in previous threads. Maybe it could work?

CP3

Smith

Tayshaun

Bass

Dwight

I'd take that. Sign another big or trade JRich for a improved PF.

I disagree only bc Prince can defend much better than Hedo and J.R Smith has the ability to be a top 10 defender in this league and would light Johnson and Crawford up if there matched up on him. A healthy Arenas TRUMPS Nelson 7days a wk and twice on sunday and Bass would benifit from playing on the weak side and shooting wide open jumpers when Gil or Smith attacks the basket as opposed to trying to create for himself which sometimes gets in him trouble

JR has the ability to become a defender, but so did J Rich. I wouldn't be willing to take guys who will take time to become the player that we need them to. And to say top 10 is a bit of a stretch. However, in a bench role, I think he'd be perfectly fine. If VC pissed you off with his shot selection, you're not getting much of an upgrade here either. And finally, I think he goes to a team for above the MLE, putting him out of our range

A healthy Arenas seems to be a thing of the past, unfortunately. I guarantee you that he will tear his knee up at least once more before he's done, not saying that I hope it happens but once you tear up your knees once, you are much more prone to doing it again

Bass can hit the jump shot but after 2 years in the system, he still can't rotate correctly on defense. The guy is as good as he's going to get

Not to mention that Tayshaun was a guy that helped Dwight out during the Olympics with his defending more agile bigs. I think there's probably a friendship there.

And from a basketball standpoint, everything you said is right. He is one of the more solid defenders in the league who can guard Kobe, DWade, Lebron, Josh Smith. Basically anyone playing the 1-4 spot, he can guard. He's pretty solid from 3, BUT most importantly he's won a championship and knows what it takes to get back to that level. The Pistons teams of a couple years ago were great not because they had a bunch of all-stars, they were great because they played as a team. I think Tayshaun would really help the Magic out, I've put his name out there in previous threads. Maybe it could work?

CP3

Smith

Tayshaun

Bass

Dwight

I'd take that. Sign another big or trade JRich for a improved PF.

Do we trade JJ, Orton, and Nelson for CP3? The sad truth is that we don't have the pieces to get him and we can thank Otis for that. Set your standards a little lower or you're in for an even bigger disappointment than this year's playoffs

I think we are going to end up keeping Arenas, but I'm sure if we package Turk with some good players, 2 or so, then we can get rid of his contract unless if we manage to get rid of it with the new CBA. I think Gilbert can come back next season and make a valuable contribution, but we need to have a team that is ready to play as well. This team will not be better than the Heat or Knicks team...I'm sorry that is not going to happen, unless if we make a move and it needs to be a big move. A move that gives us a solid roster full of younger players with athletic gifts. If Smith doesn't know how to get it done, find someone who can, and if Stan doesn't like it, cut him loose. I'm tired of getting my hopes up for this team only to be disappointed by how we are playing, with almost no energy, and little to no ball control.