Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

First post... let's start with dream :))

Steps to championship:

1.Get Rick Adelman it's NOT that van Gundy is bad BUT there's GOT to be change in the strategy

2.Trade Jamer JJ and Anderson for Manu and Bonner(and if we can Turk for Jefferson plus)

3.Sign J.R.Smith Carl Landry and Jeff Foster

Couch:Rick Adelman

PG Arenas/Duhon

SG J.R.Smith/q.Richardson

SF Manu/Turk or Jeferson

PF Landry/Bass/Bonner

C Howard/Foster

And WOW i think we've got SCARYYYYY bunch of FIGHTERS!!!!!!! not weeeeeeaakkkk shoooooters!!!!

SOOO??????? :)))

no. no. no.

• Upvote 1

I would trade JJ, Meer, and Hedo for Manu and Parker in a heart beat. Unfortunately Spurs would not go for this because of Hedo.

really? you sure you don't want tim duncan, david robinson, and the ghost of george gervin too?

Couch:Rick Adelman

I like Adelman couches, they are really comfortable. Not as comfortable as a Van Gundy couch though.

WHY?WHY?WHY?

Because the Magic wanna get younger and more athletic...Manu is too old as is Jefferson...and Bonner is just bonner.

Other than that I'll agree. JR Smith and Landry would be good fits. JR Smith is more realistic than Landry. I don't think we could get Landry.

• Upvote 1

I wish JR Smith would retire so that we'd stop talking about getting JR Smith because JR Smith is a pretty bad basketball player.

• Upvote 2

I wish JR Smith would retire so that we'd stop talking about getting JR Smith because JR Smith is a pretty bad basketball player.

Do you think he has more upside than Mayo? Thats basically where I'm coming from on this whole thing

• Upvote 1

Do you think he has more upside than Mayo? Thats basically where I'm coming from on this whole thing

Next season will already be his 8th. He has no more upside. He'll continue to be a low IQ thug of a chucker that plays no D and every once in awhile has his awful shots go down and score 20+. He is a good 3pt shooter, but the last thing the Magic need is a guy that shoots about as many jump shots as Lewis did in his last two years but provides nothing else.

• Upvote 1

For you JR Smith lovers, look st TITY's and BMP posts. 100% agree with them. Big NO to JR Smith. We have enough guys that LOVE to shoot and play no D.

Rick Adelman: Let's hire a coach that consistently comes up short with a GREAT roster: Kings and Blazers.

Ray Allen was 32 when he joined the Celtics. He's going on 36. Manu is 33. He's got many years left.

Tony Parker is not old. He's been in the league for a long time because he started when he was 18.

Even though it would take us eating Richard Jefferson's contract to get those two, I'm sure Jefferson would play much better coming off the bench with a lot less pressure compared to the pressure and blame he was getting that past few years on the Spurs and Bucks.

Please name me all the NBA champions that did not have "old" vet help.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For you JR Smith lovers, look st TITY's and BMP posts. 100% agree with them. Big NO to JR Smith. We have enough guys that LOVE to shoot and play no D.

Rick Adelman: Let's hire a coach that consistently comes up short with a GREAT roster: Kings and Blazers.

Ray Allen was 32 when he joined the Celtics. He's going on 36. Manu is 33. He's got many years left.

Tony Parker is not old. He's been in the league for a long time because he started when he was 18.

Even though it would take us eating Richard Jefferson's contract to get those two, I'm sure Jefferson would play much better coming off the bench with a lot less pressure compared to the pressure and blame he was getting that past few years on the Spurs and Bucks.

The 2011 Miami Heat.

All joking aside. I guess I can see where you're coming from with Smith. I've honestly only watched a couple of games with him and I guess I picked good games to watch because he played well in those games.

Lets play the what if game in response to your post. What if we traded Nelson, JRich, Hedo, (draft picks or TE) - or whoever would make it work for Parker, Manu, and Jefferson. Would you have Jefferson coming off the bench? If so, who would you think the Magic would want as the starter at SF? A guy like Prince?

Hah, Spurs get REAMED in that deal. We'd have to give up JJ and Ryan and take Matt Bonner too.

Us getting only Manu is way more feasible.

Next season will already be his 8th. He has no more upside. He'll continue to be a low IQ thug of a chucker that plays no D and every once in awhile has his awful shots go down and score 20+. He is a good 3pt shooter, but the last thing the Magic need is a guy that shoots about as many jump shots as Lewis did in his last two years but provides nothing else.

:cheers: I agree, He and Jam Crawford are streaky shooters, that get hot sometimes and everybody want them until they have a 2-24 shooting night and keep chucking Bad shots.