Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

Would you guys trade JJ and Bass for Varejao? I would, as it would give us a killer defensive front court. We'd still have trade assets in Jameer, Anderson and our TEs.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3qsaby7

Have you heard how well he has recovered from his injury? The length of his contract makes me a little uneasy...

Would you guys trade JJ and Bass for Varejao? I would, as it would give us a killer defensive front court. We'd still have trade assets in Jameer, Anderson and our TEs.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3qsaby7

I like varejao, I just don't think he could play next to dwight. He's more of a traditional center. They played him at power forward because Big Z had a perimeter game.

Edit: We'd really be overcompensating for our perceived flaws. In 2010 we played a SF at PF next to our center. With Varejao we'd be playing a C at PF next to our center. I think that would negatively impact Dwight's post game and we'd often be playing 4 on 5 on offense.

We really need a PF like Bass but with less of Bass' flaws. Like it or not, successful teams nowadays try to spread out the defense. We don't need to play "small" to achieve this. We just need a PF who is capable of hitting jumpers from the high post, isn't a ball stopper, and has some athleticism.

We really need a PF like Bass but with less of Bass' flaws. Like it or not, successful teams nowadays try to spread out the defense. We don't need to play "small" to achieve this. We just need a PF who is capable of hitting jumpers from the high post, isn't a ball stopper, and has some athleticism.

I agree. I actually like Bass' skills. The problem is that is BBall IQ, on offense and on defense, is horrid.

Ideally we'd want someone with a similar game to Kurt Thomas. He takes 68% of his shots outside of the paint and makes 45%. He can play defense and rebound.

I agree. I actually like Bass' skills. The problem is that is BBall IQ, on offense and on defense, is horrid.

That's the frustrating part. His individual strengths are perfect. If he could use his athleticism to rebound better and understand how to play as a part of a team he is the ideal player to have next to dwight.

I like varejao, I just don't think he could play next to dwight. He's more of a traditional center. They played him at power forward because Big Z had a perimeter game.

Edit: We'd really be overcompensating for our perceived flaws. In 2010 we played a SF at PF next to our center. With Varejao we'd be playing a C at PF next to our center. I think that would negatively impact Dwight's post game and we'd often be playing 4 on 5 on offense.

Offensively, Flop's outside shot is stinky. However, he's fantastic at setting picks and taking care of the ball. He also doesn't clog the line as a true low post guy. Now on defense, he's an absolute demon who can athletically guard the 3 through the 5. With Flop and Dwight, we'd have the best defenders in the game, hands down. And Flop next to Turk would be great, as they'd really complement one another.

Sorry, I love the guy and would love to have him. He would be SO MUCH better than Bass and Ryno. If we could then trade Ryno for a young guard or small forward, and sign the other using our MLE, we'd be set.

PG: Nelson, Duhon

SG: Thornton, Q

SF: Batum, Turk

PF: Flop, Fran

C: D12, Orton

Oh and I'd rather have Flop over Boozie Woozie all day.

Offensively, Flop's outside shot is stinky. However, he's fantastic at setting picks and taking care of the ball. He also doesn't clog the line as a true low post guy. Now on defense, he's an absolute demon who can athletically guard the 3 through the 5. With Flop and Dwight, we'd have the best defenders in the game, hands down. And Flop next to Turk would be great, as they'd really complement one another.

Sorry, I love the guy and would love to have him. He would be SO MUCH better than Bass and Ryno. If we could then trade Ryno for a young guard or small forward, and sign the other using our MLE, we'd be set.

PG: Nelson, Duhon

SG: Thornton, Q

SF: Batum, Turk

PF: Flop, Fran

C: D12, Orton

Oh and I'd rather have Flop over Boozie Woozie all day.

but how can you say he wont clog the paint when 82% of his shots are taken inside the paint? There are better options.

but how can you say he wont clog the paint when 82% of his shots are taken inside the paint? There are better options.

Because he rarely ever shoots the ball. I'm not a stat guy, but I'm fairly sure he hardly shot the ball until this past year.

Edit: Just looked it up. Flop averaged 7 FGAs this year and 6 FGAs the previous two years. Dude likes to run around the perimeter setting picks. He rarely shoots except when he's crashing the glass or p-n-roling.

• Upvote 1

Because he rarely ever shoots the ball. I'm not a stat guy, but I'm fairly sure he hardly shot the ball until this past year.

well, yeah. How does that help us? Why wouldn't power forwards leave him and double dwight? He can't make them pay for leaving him because he can't make a jump shot.

We have guys who play poor defense and have some offense. it's equally as bad to get guys who play defense but have 0 offense.

Teams don't succeed by playing two centers unless one of those centers has a midrange game.

I'd rather have nenad Krstic next to dwight than Varejao