Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

Contrary to popular belief, I don't feel Hedo is unmovable. It's just the things we could get back for him aren't that desirable. But he is definitely tradeable. Maybe even for an overlooked piece that comes along with an equally bad contract.

But Hedo is still good for 10/4/4 on a bad team, and I believe is only guaranteed 6 mil in his final year.

I understand hindsight is 20/20, but damn son if we hadn't done those trades...

We would be the front runner for Ellis or Iggy because of Gortat.

Vince could've been used as an okay S/T piece (what is J-Rich honestly gonna get us that Wince can't?).

We would have one bad contract in Shard (who would be our obvious Houston Rule player) instead of two in Hedo and Gil.

MP is a capable wing defender (would be a great one if he would stop falling for the pump and flop).

I'm sad now, I just realized in making this post that we blew up our team and all we got was Earl, who Stan refuses to play.

Man...we would be the front runner in any trade.

Beasley sucks. He sucks, sucks, sucks. His defense is worse than Nelson's. despite him being a foot taller.

Rockets fans (dumb ones, I'm also a Rocket fan) want to trade K-Mart and another player for the #2 pick. Why not trade with the T-Wolves for that pick and then swap that with the Rockets for their #14, grab Biyombo with this, and K-Mart?

I don't see anything wrong with that

I do. More long term salary for mediocre players. Though these players would be easier to move due to their smaller contracts IMO, then Hedo's one lump sum of 10 mil. This is in regards to getting a legit 2nd tier star like an Iggy.

A Salmons/Gooden/Nelson package for a decent player would sound more appealing to me if I was a GM looking for guys to contribute.

Beasley sucks. He sucks, sucks, sucks. His defense is worse than Nelson's. despite him being a foot taller.

Rockets fans (dumb ones, I'm also a Rocket fan) want to trade K-Mart and another player for the #2 pick. Why not trade with the T-Wolves for that pick and then swap that with the Rockets for their #14, grab Biyombo with this, and K-Mart?

Biyombo wont last to 14. Donatas might though. I'd like him.

Exactly. Gortat's value was POTENTIAL. Had he continued to play behind Dwight, who knows what his value would be.

Honestly, Iggy has been on the block for awhile. I'm sure if Philly wanted Gortat last year, they could have had him and we would have gladly taken Iggy.

I'm still on the fence with Gortat anyway. Nash can make any big man look all worldly IMO. This isn't to say Gortat isn't talented, but he's not a 20/10 guy some of you people are making him out to be right now.