Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

shrig021 Adam Shrigley

@MisterRudolph if you had to guess do you see a trade coming before, during or after the June 23 draft?

MisterRudolph Jarrod N Rudolph

@shrig021 ... During w/ a lot of talk before.

It's not feasible to expect a team to only go after young players

-OKC, MEM, and to a lesser extent (of success) LAC say hello. Oh, Chicago says hello too. But that nonsense aside, why is it not feasible for a team to seek out young talent or talent with upside? Why is it only feasible to go after players who are past their peak and then offer them deals that take them well into their decline? How did that work out for Cleveland? Isnt it better to be left with building blocks should the unthinkable happen and we have to start over?

Long term MLE contracts only kill teams when that player becomes ineffective early in the contract

-With the exception of Rony boy, every Magic center post Shaq era says hello(Ike Austin was a burden the moment he signed), and every mid and small market league owner disagrees with you on that one...according to ongoing discussions regarding the current CBA-and the primary reason why over the cap exceptions are all but certain to be taken out of the new CBA-minus vet min. If you believe the public knowledge regarding negotiations that are being thrown around atleast.

in two years the free agent class sucks. Nobody is hoping for roster flexibility in 2013

-Perhaps 'in two offseasons' would have been a more direct way of saying it? You're really splitting hairs there though in any attempt to find faults.

• Upvote 1

Gary in Orlando:

Hey Alex, which route do the think the magic are going to take... improve their roster by significant trades over the summer or hope for the amnesty and release and trade bad contracts so they can sign a free agent next summer?

Alex Kennedy:

They have make drastic changes right now. Dwight Howard isn't going to wait until next summer to see changes. He doesn't want to waste a year of his career waiting for Orlando to make moves. The Magic are working the phones right now and it's looking like draft night could be interesting. They have pieces to move and a trade exception that's about to expire so we'll see if they can turn that into a new contributor.

Dwight wants trades and he wants em now! But he doesn't want CP3, I guess. I personally think if there was an amnesty clause, we should just clear cap space for CP3. I think he wants to come here.

Go after Andre Miller, Jamison, Gil restructures, I think it could get done.

Dwight wants trades and he wants em now! But he doesn't want CP3, I guess. I personally think if there was an amnesty clause, we should just clear cap space for CP3. I think he wants to come here.

Go after Andre Miller, Jamison, Gil restructures, I think it could get done.

@AlexKennedyNBA: Dwight Howard hasn't talked to Otis Smith in weeks, but he's communicating directly with ownership about making changes. Do the math.

@AlexKennedyNBA: All along, I've said Smith shouldn't be fired because of his history with Howard. But if Howard wants him gone, that's a different story.
  • Upvote 1

It's not feasible to expect a team to only go after young players

-OKC, MEM, and to a lesser extent (of success) LAC say hello. Oh, Chicago says hello too. But that nonsense aside, why is it not feasible for a team to seek out young talent or talent with upside? Why is it only feasible to go after players who are past their peak and then offer them deals that take them well into their decline? How did that work out for Cleveland? Isnt it better to be left with building blocks should the unthinkable happen and we have to start over?

Long term MLE contracts only kill teams when that player becomes ineffective early in the contract

-With the exception of Rony boy, every Magic center post Shaq era says hello(Ike Austin was a burden the moment he signed), and every mid and small market league owner disagrees with you on that one...according to ongoing discussions regarding the current CBA-and the primary reason why over the cap exceptions are all but certain to be taken out of the new CBA-minus vet min. If you believe the public knowledge regarding negotiations that are being thrown around atleast.

in two years the free agent class sucks. Nobody is hoping for roster flexibility in 2013

-Perhaps 'in two offseasons' would have been a more direct way of saying it? You're really splitting hairs there though in any attempt to find faults.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KoKWf6pLs8&feature=player_embedded