Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

Pass on Boozer.

Why's that?

I'd prefer West over Boozer myself...providing he rehabs well and doesn't warrant a really huge contract because of his surgery. But we could do a WHOLE lot worse than Booz, like say....Brandon Bass.

Oh and since this IS an off-season thread and all...

Any pipedream scenarios that land us Serge Ibaka and maybe Thabo Sefalosha? I'm trying to imagine a front court of Dwight and Ibaka together, but the thought keeps getting rejected.

So what does he do well offensively when not asked to create?

He's a horrible shooter (career .39 FG% and .35 3P%). He's a pretty bad ballhandler for being a PG and that being his primary responsibility. As you already stated and everyone else would agree, he can't create to save his life. To top it off, he's terrible at finishing near the basket...when that opportunity DOES seldom present itself.

The only thing he kinda does somewhat well to a point is getting the ball to the open man. His passing ability is decent.

All in all, I'd say Duhon is pretty much the epitome of an offensive liability...it's no secret.

35% from 3 is right around average. He's an average 3pt shooter, although this year his shooting fell off for whatever reason. He's not much of a liability offensively when he's not asked to create. His biggest problem is that while he's pretty decent at getting to the rim, teams don't respect him enough to help and being a below average finisher, he can't really capitalize. I think most of this was mental though, the guy wouldn't shoot the ball at all. He wasn't that bad offensively in the last few years. The guy's USG% was 12, which is INCREDIBLY low. Arenas' USG% was twice as high, despite him being less efficient than Duhon.

Still, he'd be solid if he wasn't asked to create so much, because he's not good at that at all. He's a solid defender and not too awful off the ball offensively. I find it hilarious that the people begging for Earl Clark to get more minutes are some of the same that don't want Duhon near the court, despite Duhon being a better defender and not as much of a liability offensively.

i see we are back on the hate Duhon bandwagon...and lol @ vazquez better than duhon. Did you see Vazquez play at all in the postseason? dude looked like he was scared to play, yea he made a few big shots in game 5 I believe, but his overall play wasn't very good. He looked hesitant the whole time. The only area where he is better than Duhon is potential, which means nothing to us.

I remember someone compiled a list of players making the same money as Duhon, and a majority of those players were worse than him. Which sounds about right.

Even though I understand that the point is to get the offense flowing and if that calls for the point to make some plays, then so be it.

But when you have the 2 time scoring champ on your team, he HAS to get more shots than you and it is your job to run the offense correctly in order to make that happen.

I feel like Westbook has a little bit of an ego to him and ultimately that relationship will fail because this will continue to be an issue next season.

And to throw my two sense in the Duhon/Vasquez argument - I'd take Vasquez as a back up only if we still have Jameer. If it was just Gil, then I wouldn't trust Gil's knees, if they go, then Vasquez is no where ready to run a team. I wouldn't mind having him and letting him learn for another year or two before getting legitimate playing time, like JJ did.

Why's that?

I'd prefer West over Boozer myself...providing he rehabs well and doesn't warrant a really huge contract because of his surgery. But we could do a WHOLE lot worse than Booz, like say....Brandon Bass.

Sure we could do worse, but I don't see us passing Miami, Dallas, Los Angeles or others by adding him. I'd rather use our assets to go younger and into "potential" land.

couldve had those 2 and a 1st for gortat :(

Oh and since this IS an off-season thread and all...

Any pipedream scenarios that land us Serge Ibaka and maybe Thabo Sefalosha? I'm trying to imagine a front court of Dwight and Ibaka together, but the thought keeps getting rejected.