Sign in to follow this  
Babir_9

We will win this series!

I think the Magic can still pull this out, they just have to be confident and the FANS need to be at the O-Center cheering for their MVP!

Game 1 was a wake up call. Bad loss at home to a team the guys thought they would sweep or beat in 5.

Game 2 showed the defensive intensity this team is capable of. That the Magic can grind out a win while shooting <.400 from the field.

Game 3 and 4 showed that the Magic need to come out STRONG in the first quarter. Both games were won there. But, the one bright side we can take away from these games is that each was still not decided until 5 seconds left in G3 and <1 second in G4. All this with the fact that the Magic shot well below the clip they are expected to shoot, Crawford making a miracle shot off very poor selection, and Turk losing the ball and having to heave one at the buzzer.

Is this saying that I think the Magic will "come out of their slump and shoot lights out"? No, it means that if the Magic play with the same defensive intensity and take the ball into the lane, good things can happen. Either they get an easy layup, alley to Dwight, or get to pass it out to an open shooter after collapsing the Defense (a la Turk to Bass in game 3).

There is still hope, guys. It's going to be tough and the boys are going to need to put all their heart into it. But, this season is far from over.

LET'S GO MAGIC!!!! I BELIEVE!!!!!

My only fear or concern about Game 6 in Atlanta is that the Magic will try too hard with several players getting in foul trouble. I certainly hope that this will not be the case, but players like Anderson, Turkoglu, and Arenas tend to be overly aggressive and get into early foul trouble. Even Dwight at times makes some silly fouls.

Why does it have to be mental mistakes?

Maybe the Magic just can't get into the lane consistently and they're not built for that.

Maybe they just don't have enough talent to defend the Hawks consistently.

Maybe is just that D12 is really almost alone in this series. If all it takes is letting him get 30+, I think the Magic are done.

• Downvote 1

Why does it have to be mental mistakes?

Maybe the Magic just can't get into the lane consistently and they're not built for that.

Maybe they just don't have enough talent to defend the Hawks consistently.

Maybe is just that D12 is really almost alone in this series. If all it takes is letting him get 30+, I think the Magic are done.

Nameless, in a way, I agree with you. If the Magic are going to play inside out, Dwight needs to truely play it that way. In my opinion, Dwight spends too much time trying to get a shot up when he is double and triple teamed. And as someone else mentioned, he is determined to shoot the ball no matter what.

The problem that I see here is that it's causing his teammates to stand around, waiting to see what Dwight's going to do. Yes, you can say that they can move without the ball, but where are they going to move to. Dwight is standing under the basket trying to shoot the ball and not looking for his teammates.

I totally agree with you on your last sentence. Dwight does not need to get 30+ points for us to win. I've been saying this for the past 2 seasons.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In my opinion, Dwight spends too much time trying to get a shot up when he is double and triple teamed. And as someone else mentioned, he is determined to shoot the ball no matter what.

The problem that I see here is that it's causing his teammates to stand around, waiting to see what Dwight's going to do. Yes, you can say that they can move without the ball, but where are they going to move to. Dwight is standing under the basket trying to shoot the ball and not looking for his teammates.

I nominate this as the WORST post of the year. You can't be serious about blaming Dwight for others not moving around. If it wasn't for Dwight scoring, WE WOULD BE BLOWN OUT IN EVERY GAME.

• Downvote 4

I nominate this as the WORST post of the year. You can't be serious about blaming Dwight for others not moving around. If it wasn't for Dwight scoring, WE WOULD BE BLOWN OUT IN EVERY GAME.

LeChauncey, read my post again. I said, that when Dwight is double and triple teamed (sometimes quadruple teamed), Dwight is determined to shoot the ball. He starts his dribble into the paint, and while 3 or 4 opponents are collapsing on him, he makes no attempt to kick the ball out to his teammates who are standing around the 3 pt. line waiting for Dwight to make a decision. Dwight has his back turned (him facing the basket) trying to put the ball up. Many times when he puts the ball on the floor, he gets stripped because of the triple teams. The game plan is "inside out".

You did not read anywhere in my previous post that I said it happens all the time. But it does happen enough for it to affect the game

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LeChauncey, read my post again. I said, that when Dwight is double and triple teamed (sometimes quadruple teamed), Dwight is determined to shoot the ball. He starts his dribble into the paint, and while 3 or 4 opponents are collapsing on him, he makes no attempt to kick the ball out to his teammates who are standing around the 3 pt. line waiting for Dwight to make a decision. Dwight has his back turned (him facing the basket) trying to put the ball up. Many times when he puts the ball on the floor, he gets stripped because of the triple teams. The game plan is "inside out".

You did not read anywhere in my previous post that I said it happens all the time. But it does happen enough for it to affect the game

Isn't he single covered all the time?

Sorry, I haven't seen a game in this series since I'm not home or when I am, they're showing it on NBATV.

Has Dwight being bad passing the ball out or around the paint?

Isn't he single covered all the time?

Sorry, I haven't seen a game in this series since I'm not home or when I am, they're showing it on NBATV.

Has Dwight being bad passing the ball out or around the paint?

ATL collapses from the weak side as soon as he puts the ball on the floor. He passes every now and then but usually he'll try and take it himself. The key is him putting the ball on the floor- if he could perform a quick drop step or counter move with a single dribble, I think he'd do better

Next 2 games out of 3 in Orlando. And we will beat them in 7. We will get a win in Orlando in game 5 and Atlanta won't be able to close it at home because they will finally start missing all those crazy shots and we will finally play our game. And then we'll be back to Orlando and finish them in a rout!

Atlanta is too soft to finish us, they don't have enough faith/confidence to do it!

GO MAGIC!!!

A real fan never gives up on their team, but i think just by looking at the roster, one can give the conclusion......IT'S OVER!!

• Downvote 2