Sign in to follow this  
Mr13A

Gamethread: Magic @ Hawks - Game 4

Nobody needs to be fired, thats for sure, except for maybe some of our fans. Otis brought in talent, and most of you praised him for his moves earlier this year, what a bunch of hypocritial idiots. We have the talent to play great basketball. But I think there is something going on that we don't know about though, the way Arenas didn't play a second in game 3 and the teams demeanor is sickening. And what the heck happened to Turk, all of a sudden he can't shoot?

I waited till the morning to get on here for the first time and post cause I was sooooo mad last night. I have watched almost every single game this year, and what I see is a team full of frustrated players...frustrated that their GM had to come in and gut a team, frustrated in a coach who just blames everything on defense, and acts as if Dwight Howard walks on water, frustrated that the NBA officiating and David Stern and his minions ref certain way for certain teams/players, and frustrated because nothing they do works. Otis Smith I dont know what the heck you were thinking, oh wait yes I do... you thought that because you "knew" some guys from back in the day in G.S. that they would somehow be a great fit in Orlando. Stan, the problem is not defense, it is in offensive efficiency and lack of movement. The ball gets walked up till about 15 seconds remain on the shot clock, then we sit and hold it while Hedo figures out whether or not he wants to drive or launch a thirty foot fadeaway, or maybe give it to dwight down low. Then the times when the ball goes down low, even though you get double and triple teamed dwight you go ahead and force something, get a charge, or get fouled( which we know they aint gonna call), and who can blame you cause not like anyone gonna make a shot out of the double. IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO EFFORT EFFORT EFFORT. Listen magic players, we all know you have an idiot as your GM, a semi idiot as your coach, but can you for the love of all holy, go out there and do it for the people of this wonderful city, who support you day in and day out no matter what, or I know have some PRIDE and not go out like some straight punks. IT IS UP TO ALL OF YOU ON THAT TEAM.

i am amazed at what happened last night. i thought jj would do well and he failed. i did not think gil was worth playing and he gets 20. if jj had made a few shots gil would most likely not played. the problem with this team is their offensive stradegy when the games are close. nelson is just dribbling around lost and hedo is no longer a clutch shooter. the need a plan that is more organized. stan can not make shots but he can have a better game plan. howard needs to pass more when they double and triple team him. he should have 4or 5 assists a game.

In 2006 the Phoenix Suns came back from a 1-3 deficit against the LAKERS. We can definetly do it, the mental part is everything.

I waited till the morning to get on here for the first time and post cause I was sooooo mad last night. I have watched almost every single game this year, and what I see is a team full of frustrated players...frustrated that their GM had to come in and gut a team, frustrated in a coach who just blames everything on defense, and acts as if Dwight Howard walks on water, frustrated that the NBA officiating and David Stern and his minions ref certain way for certain teams/players, and frustrated because nothing they do works. Otis Smith I dont know what the heck you were thinking, oh wait yes I do... you thought that because you "knew" some guys from back in the day in G.S. that they would somehow be a great fit in Orlando. Stan, the problem is not defense, it is in offensive efficiency and lack of movement. The ball gets walked up till about 15 seconds remain on the shot clock, then we sit and hold it while Hedo figures out whether or not he wants to drive or launch a thirty foot fadeaway, or maybe give it to dwight down low. Then the times when the ball goes down low, even though you get double and triple teamed dwight you go ahead and force something, get a charge, or get fouled( which we know they aint gonna call), and who can blame you cause not like anyone gonna make a shot out of the double. IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO EFFORT EFFORT EFFORT. Listen magic players, we all know you have an idiot as your GM, a semi idiot as your coach, but can you for the love of all holy, go out there and do it for the people of this wonderful city, who support you day in and day out no matter what, or I know have some PRIDE and not go out like some straight punks. IT IS UP TO ALL OF YOU ON THAT TEAM.

As far as your comment about walking the ball up....I don't really think that's much of the point guards fault. I saw several times last night where Jameer was given the ball after a hawks made layup and jameer raced down the court. What was the problem? His teammates were walking up the court. I've seen this in plenty of other games too...the problem is all the players don't run hard back on offense to try to get ahead of their defenders for a fast break. Not much Jameer can do there, he's just gotten used to what his teammates give him.

stop using jameer nelson as a playmaker, he will never be chris paul or steve nash, we have problems on coaching style system of van gundy, we have too many shooters/playermakers, stop taking too many shots jameer

As far as your comment about walking the ball up....I don't really think that's much of the point guards fault. I saw several times last night where Jameer was given the ball after a hawks made layup and jameer raced down the court. What was the problem? His teammates were walking up the court. I've seen this in plenty of other games too...the problem is all the players don't run hard back on offense to try to get ahead of their defenders for a fast break. Not much Jameer can do there, he's just gotten used to what his teammates give him.

Wasnt really referring to Jameer, should have clarified. I was mainly talking about when Hedo works the point.

I am still struggling to realize why Jameer was playing at the end of the game. No defense, not hitting shots, 2 better playmakers in the game.... Should have been Gil-JJ-QRich-Hedo-Dwight at the end.

Damm it hurts to watch the recap of yesterdays game, first replay is ATL offensive move where Josh Smith just pushed Redick who was trying to draw a foul and it wasn't called. Then the whole ending sequence, after Hedo fumbled the ball and there was two guys in fron of him you can see Arenas signaling that he is free and nothing happens.

I am still struggling to realize why Jameer was playing at the end of the game. No defense, not hitting shots, 2 better playmakers in the game.... Should have been Gil-JJ-QRich-Hedo-Dwight at the end.

Stan's favorite