Sign in to follow this  
Mr13A

Gamethread: Magic @ Hawks - Game 4

I have absolutely no explanation for what is happening right now. Only that the basketball gods hate us.

Oh, and we wasted Gil's great game by not letting him even try to take the last shot. I really think he would have made it. Stan is gonna play Gil more next game and he will suck. Wasted. Wasted, wasted, wasted.

F*CK.

The funny thing is we're still capable of winning the series. We don't even have to play well, that's been proven this series. Two of the three losses were close games, and in both we shot terribly while Atlanta shot out of their minds. If we shoot anywhere near our average the remaining three games and Atlanta starts playing more to their true talent level, we'll win all three games. If we continue to shoot this way then it's just not meant to be. The only thing that will really bug me is having to hear about how Atlanta "stayed home" on our shooters and didn't double Dwight and won with that strategy. When in reality we've had all the open looks we need and then some, their defense has had very little to do with it.

• Upvote 1

Well.... I called it.... shooting around 30% isnt going to cut it. Tonight the Magic shot a 37%.

.8% from 3..... open looks and all..... unexplainable. Butler was better.

We fail.... Otis needs to roll.... these guys in this system isnt cutting it. No one can hit an open shot when necessary.

Bring on Fran next year, make a bold move for Cp3....keep some of these guys... unfortunately... and then we might talk bigger

got a feeling Nelson will be traded next year. No point in having him and Gilbert on the court at the same time, and Gilbert's got to start.

Nelson with Bass will be traded to some team like the Kings for Garcia, Thorton and Ulrich

• Upvote 2

This was tough to swallow, losing Game 3 wasn't a huge deal because we could still be in good shape with a win tonight but now we are in huge trouble. I'm just not sure how you could continue to go with Hedo. Makes no sense to me. I wouldn't have even put him in there unless it was to throw the ball in.

At least we FINALLY saw something from Gilbert. He attacked the basket and was the only player not settling for bad shots (Huh? Gilbert not settling for bad shots?) but as usual, nobody else showed up. Ryan was pathetic, Hedo was pathetic, Jameer was pathetic, Bass didn't do much, JJ didn't do anything, Q was okay and did his job. It's just puzzling how bad everyone is playing because it's not like they aren't getting some good looks. It just adds to the frustration when Crawford drills a bunch of shots with a hand in his face and Hinrich makes most of what he puts up. This series has become the perfect storm for a Magic defeat, our only hope is players catching fire, but not sure it will be enough. I see a Game 5 win, but we won't get back home for a Game 7 more than likely.

• Upvote 2

Gonna need to make some HUGE changes this offseason. Otis needs to be gone for sure. SVG...well i have no idea what to do with him... Hedo Bass Anderson..GTFO.The Wings...definently need to be upgraded...

Tough loss. I wish I could know the vibe in that locker room after this loss. The magic players look too calm and collected during huddles and on the bench. Someone has to be going off right now.

anyway, here is the live feed for post game press conferences, right now Drew is on.

http://www.nba.com/live1/

I do BELIEVE....................That we SUCK. 2/23 from 3.

Otis you may love this team but i HATE IT and I'm a season Ticket Holder.

This Series is a wrap. As should your time be as our GM.

To make matters worse Dwight won't sign an extension with us before the deadline. So Otis will sign and trade him for another bunch of Golden State castoffs. Otis is Fired shortly after and picked up by Golden State. Our Franchise takes another 10 years to recover....

• Downvote 1

We shoot WOMEN'S SOFTBALL percentages and still lose one-possession away games.

And this is the playoffs, this isn't Nam, there are RULES :chairshot:

Babir :cheers: about Arenas. You kept calling for him, he turned it around. And mind you, by doing VERY SIMPLE THINGS.

Stan really pissed me off with his re-regoing to players that kept delivering NO offense. If you ain't gonna play defense, i've already settled for that, but at least let the ball in the hands of the 2-3 people who had (wow) figured out the way to score against this ridiculous Hawks team.

That said, i still BELIEVE (hell, we even tied this one).

BUT, BY GOD, PEOPLE NEED TO PLAY, EARL HAS TO PLAY, EVERYBODY HAS TO PLAY AND PICK OUT THE GUYS THAT APPEAR TO HAVE THE GAME FIGURED OUT.

Really, Stan, it can't get any worse.

(if Arenas stayed bench YET today, we'd be saying "well, what a blowout". A ONE POSSESSION GAME...)