Sign in to follow this  
nbr

"I don't know what we're doing,"

The coach is given what he's given and as I highlighted earlier he wasn't exactly handed scrap.

I want to see this franchise win a championship. I'm also of fear of the possibility of losing Dwight Howard and if nothing changes in this off season, I'll have a greater concern. This program with its gm, players and coach aren't going very far soon to achieving the ultimate goal.

I'm looking at SVG because I believe the tools are their to be a force and contend consistently with result. I don't believe he can get us a championship. I'm looking for more than a successful regular season.

Hello, NBR, look at the Lakers, now back to Orlando, now look at Boston, now back to Orlando. Sadly, we aren't them, but if we stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, we could smell like we're them. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in the NBA Finals with the team your team could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to the Eastern Conference Finals. Look again, the tickets are now Gilbert Arenas. Anything is possible when your Team smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.

First, you're complaining because of his choice of words.

Second, what teams have beat us in the playoffs the past three years? Detroit with the core of their championship team, Lakers, and Boston. Sure, our team isn't scraps, but we don't have the pieces they have either, and yet, there we were, contending for a championship. Look at their rosters, and look at ours, and tell me Stan is the problem here.

• Upvote 8

Hello, NBR, look at the Lakers, now back to Orlando, now look at Boston, now back to Orlando. Sadly, we aren't them, but if we stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, we could smell like we're them. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in the NBA Finals with the team your team could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to the Eastern Conference Finals. Look again, the tickets are now Gilbert Arenas. Anything is possible when your Team smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.

First, you're complaining because of his choice of words.

Second, what teams have beat us in the playoffs the past three years? Detroit with the core of their championship team, Lakers, and Boston. Sure, our team isn't scraps, but we don't have the pieces they have either, and yet, there we were, contending for a championship. Look at their rosters, and look at ours, and tell me Stan is the problem here.

Pretty damned good lol

You do have to admit, it is troublesome that we're paying a PG 19 mil a year thats not a starter, then we don't know if he's even our back up PG?

Smoooth move Otis.

Almost as bad as paying Grant Hill comparable money to be an outstanding member of the community.

Almost as bad as paying Grant Hill comparable money to be an outstanding member of the community.

I don't know if this is where you got that comparison from but Mike Bianchi did an article on Gil vs Hill

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2011/04/gilbert-arenas-might-be-worse-magic-signing-than-grant-hill.html

guys, wait a minute. Arielle clearly made a thread a month ago about how Gilbert should be the starter. Are you trying to tell me that was a fail?

I think I've followed the team long enough to believe "I don't know what we're doing" is just a nice way of Stan saying Gilbert Arenas won't even take his warm ups off and thank god for that.

In SVG we trust.

It's sad because I *WANT* Arenas to be the player he once was, but I know it's never going to happen. His game was based on his quickness and, without knees, it's hard to be quick.

I'm almost hoping he retires or we can somehow cut him or hoist him off on some other team. Free that money for someone who can contribute and keep Dwight in Orlando.

I learned my lesson on thinking VC would take a "hometown discount" to come here in 2007, 08, whatever the summer was that we got Rashard.

Until it actually happens, I will believe that Arenas opting out is a complete pipedream. Why would he leave all that money on the table when he's playing this awful!? NO ONE'S ego is that big.

I don't know if this is where you got that comparison from but Mike Bianchi did an article on Gil vs Hill

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2011/04/gilbert-arenas-might-be-worse-magic-signing-than-grant-hill.html

I never read the article, I think I had just been reading the thread about history repeating itself and couldn't help but think we've been down this road before (paying a player a lot of money for nothing).

Btw, I still think Gilbert is going to get his moment. I don't think Stan pulled Gilbert in the second half because he's a lost cause, but because he wanted to go bigger on defense. Once we start hitting some shots, I don't think that such an adjustment will be as necessary. Maybe I'm too hopeful and/or patient, but I still have a feeling that at some point in these playoffs Gilbert won't be able to feel his face. I believe in you Gilbert.