Sign in to follow this  
nbr

"I don't know what we're doing,"

Why would he leave all that money on the table when he's playing this awful!? NO ONE'S ego is that big.

Because the Magic could just offer him more money, just for more years. He'd give up a good amount of money short term but would make it all back and then some long term, which could be better for him since after he's done with the Magic he'll be lucky to pick up the MLE.

Are we all overlooking the fact that Gil may still not be well enough physically to play at this playoff intensity level?

I can't stop thinking about his 25 against the Bobcats just a few weeks ago and then jumping over to thoughts of all the times I've seen the trainers rubbing his knees on the bench.

I'm not saying this is the only reason he's not playing and we all know he's not 100%, but maybe he's physically hurting worse than he has been recently and instead of benching him in a suit & tie, SVG wants him in uni just in case he feels better and could provide a spark?

I think I've followed the team long enough to believe "I don't know what we're doing" is just a nice way of Stan saying Gilbert Arenas won't even take his warm ups off and thank god for that.

In SVG we trust.

Your username made me laugh. Soooo true, Arenas has morphed into some sort of unholy union between Sasser and Reece Gaines.

Are we all overlooking the fact that Gil may still not be well enough physically to play at this playoff intensity level?

I can't stop thinking about his 25 against the Bobcats just a few weeks ago and then jumping over to thoughts of all the times I've seen the trainers rubbing his knees on the bench.

I'm not saying this is the only reason he's not playing and we all know he's not 100%, but maybe he's physically hurting worse than he has been recently and instead of benching him in a suit & tie, SVG wants him in uni just in case he feels better and could provide a spark?

This is what I'm thinking. Honestly, I was surprised we even used him in this series. Give him the series off, maybe a few minutes in each game, but he's not 100%: it's obvious.

He'll likely never be 100% again, but as I've said elsewhere, he's doing the Grant Hill thing and trying to play before he's fully heeled, compounding the problem. On that note, Grant's problems were worse than Gil's and he's a contributor for the Suns now.

He just needed to ACTUALLY REHAB his damn ankle.

It's all a preplanned sneak attack! Otis/Stan/Gil planned this from the beginning. He tanks through the season and 1st round so every team makes their game plan like he sucks, then presto! Secret weapon! He's back to his old self putting up 20-30 a night for the ECF and our sweep of the championship series...

Then I woke up and bought tickets to game 2~great game to watch!~

This is the playoffs right? I understand that Dwight is the most important person to the Magic. He is the engine that makes the team go. But if we do not win in the playoffs, the team will be going fishing. The hawks are killing us with their size. Their 2,3,and 4s are posting our guys up often and getting everybody else on their team very good shots. I say we move Hedo to cover Joe Johnson and move Brandon bass to cover Josh smith and Dwight howard over Horford, and Ryan Anderson over Collins since the hawks would never go to Collins. This gives us size and there is no way that Joe, Josh or Horford would be able to post up Hedo, Bass and Howard. We would have more punch off the bench. Richardson may give us more fire power off the bench not having to go against Joe as much. We could bring Richardson off the bench about the 4 minute mark and move Hedo to 3 spot. Give Brandon bass time to rest. Then Brandon comes in and give Ryan anderson time to rest. Dwight howard doesn't need any rest. I think this lineup gives us the best chance as it will shut out any post up advantages the Hawks has.

To summarize from my end. The game plan and structures in place are pathetic. Watching this team over the course of the reg season gone bye gave me very little intrigue to our abilities to contend for an NBA Championship. The inconsistent displays of intensity, endeavour and execution from this squad are ridiculous with the talent we have. In its current state (inc. management) this team is not legitimately contending and I believe we should be! The tools are their.