Sign in to follow this  
Hawks2011

Why the Hawks will win this series.

First of all, I'm happy that we got the chance to redeem ourselves against this Magic team this year. A heated rivalry will be good for both teams, and payback is you you know what.

Now, its pretty clear to anybody thats watching this series closely that the Magic have 2 players that truly belong in the NBA. Dwight, and Jameer. Everybody else on the floor for your team is a legit 8th man on most teams. J Rich was done 4 years ago, JJ is a poor mans Kyle Korver, and Hedo....just wow. I actually was a big Hedo fan during your 09 Finals run. That guy has regressed so fast its scary. Gil is a bum, Bass is a bum etc.

Anyway, our game 1 gameplan was to simply let Dwight score, then answer. We did that, and we won. In game 2, we lost because we played terrible. Van Gundy outcoached Larry Drew, and we couldn't make a shot after that run you guys had late in the first Q. Thats all on us, not anything you did. Drew couldn't get the right offensive lineup in the game. It happens. I doubt it will happen again though. Game 1 proved that when our offense is in motion, you don't have the players to answer. Game 2 was a fluke. We shot terribly. No excuses for that. I doubt it happens again...well, maybe once more, we are the Hawks afterall.

Catch you next regular season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 45

First of all, I'm happy that we got the chance to redeem ourselves against this Magic team this year. A heated rivalry will be good for both teams, and payback is you you know what.

Now, its pretty clear to anybody thats watching this series closely that the Magic have 2 players that truly belong in the NBA. Dwight, and Jameer. Everybody else on the floor for your team is a legit 8th man on most teams. J Rich was done 4 years ago, JJ is a poor mans Kyle Korver, and Hedo....just wow. I actually was a big Hedo fan during your 09 Finals run. That guy has regressed so fast its scary. Gil is a bum, Bass is a bum etc.

Anyway, our game 1 gameplan was to simply let Dwight score, then answer. We did that, and we won. In game 2, we lost because we played terrible. Van Gundy outcoached Larry Drew, and we couldn't make a shot after that run you guys had late in the first Q. Thats all on us, not anything you did. Drew couldn't get the right offensive lineup in the game. It happens. I doubt it will happen again though. Game 1 proved that when our offense is in motion, you don't have the players to answer. Game 2 was a fluke. We shot terribly. No excuses for that. I doubt it happens again...well, maybe once more, we are the Hawks afterall.

Catch you next regular season.

Where are all these hawks fans coming from? They don't show up for their team, they don't support the players, they don't do anything but they win one game and now they are on top of the world? This series is far from over buddy. All we have to do is win one game at your place and the ball is back in our court. Quite frankly, i'd be more worried about magic fans filling up your arena.

J-Rich was done four years ago? Did you not watch him at all last year? Both he and Hedo are inconsistent, but can still play.

Game 2 was all the Hawks missing shots and nothing the Magic did? lmao Okay whatever you say there buddy. If it weren't for a few miracle buzzer beaters and Crawford making some shots with a hand in his face, the Magic would've won without much drama. Your Game 1 performance was more of a fluke than your Game 2 performance, all of our meetings this year except Game 1 were low scoring, grind it out games. Atlanta's backcourt got hot and ended up scoring 103 points. I expect a low scoring series the rest of the way, with the Magic winning.

i hope that you have the good sense to never visit this board again. the magic are light years ahead of the hawks and will prove it in the next two games on your court. best of luck to you.

Your max star player is afraid to go in the lane, you employ 2 guys that think defense is slapping a guy then faking contact in an effort to dup the refs. You have a 3 that thinks he can shoot even though he is far more effective moving around and your new coach has decided that it's a good idea to go back to the same garbage ISO sets that got you killed last year. Those 2 guys we have and the flawed players we have are still enough to beat your team. That nothing that we did, it's called defense. We got open looks failed to knock them down, you knocked down shots out of your rear end in the first quarter, when those stopped falling you couldn't get a shot (other than Crawford). Had they not hit those garbage prayer shots you would have lost by 15 or more....on a horrible shooting night by us.

I can't wait till we knock you out again so you enjoy your next summer of preparing for a mid to late first round pick and the next average year of your existance.

• Upvote 1

i hope that you have the good sense to never visit this board again. the magic are light years ahead of the hawks and will prove it in the next two games on your court. best of luck to you.

I would be shocked if the Magic keep it within 10 for either game. Unless Dwight drops 100 on us, you guys dont have a shot.

• Downvote 5

Your max star player is afraid to go in the lane, you employ 2 guys that think defense is slapping a guy then faking contact in an effort to dup the refs. You have a 3 that thinks he can shoot even though he is far more effective moving around and your new coach has decided that it's a good idea to go back to the same garbage ISO sets that got you killed last year. Those 2 guys we have and the flawed players we have are still enough to beat your team. That nothing that we did, it's called defense. We got open looks failed to knock them down, you knocked down shots out of your rear end in the first quarter, when those stopped falling you couldn't get a shot (other than Crawford). Had they not hit those garbage prayer shots you would have lost by 15 or more....on a horrible shooting night by us.

Ha, and we're still the better team. You have a beast in Dwight, a decent PG, and bums.

• Downvote 9