Sign in to follow this  
NittanyBuc

Jason Collins says Dwight "doesn't like physical play"

Last time I checked, the game wasn't called basketBRAWL. He might as well have said "We're not going to attempt plays on the ball, we're going to hit Dwight above the shoulders because it's only going to get called 30% of the time anyway". Agreed, if someone even said that about the way they play LeBeeyatch, Stern would fine him $25K.

This is crazy.. He actually said "we're going to hit him to frustrate him". Can't you fine a player for even saying that? Or at least freaking call a flagrant when the guy is getting hit on the head, dragged by his shoulders etc etc???????

• Upvote 1

This reminds me of the NFL "head hunter" rule. Except in the NBA you have to be in one of Sterns personal fav teams, in order for anything to be done about it

I wish Dwight would a hurting on Collins that silly clown. The sad thing about the situation is if Dwight played for the heat, celtics lakers or spurs that crap would not be allowed.

I don't want to explode into a full out rant but, does this guy honestly believe howard's physique is for show and that he doesn't hold back considerably because of the way he's officiated? I don't get it. Like if Howard had the opportunity he wouldn't smash him into the ground. He doesn't like the physicality because he can't retaliate. That's all there is to it. Need to cut myself off before I start running through expletives.

Dwight doesn't like the Physical treatment he gets individually because he isn't rewarded for it. There isn't justice put in on the floor as you can see by the photos somebody provided on the first page.

• Upvote 2

If the player I was guarding scored 45 more points than I did and made me only play less than 20 minutes because I kept fouling him, I'd probably shut my mouth.

Instead Collins is telling Dwight, "please score 50 or 60 on me!"

If the player I was guarding scored 45 more points than I did and made me only play less than 20 minutes because I kept fouling him, I'd probably shut my mouth.

Instead Collins is telling Dwight, "please score 50 or 60 on me!"

Wouldn't that fit into ATL's game plan though? Either he ball hogs, or gets into foul trouble, or maybe both.. I hope Dwight doesn't take the bait, he does enough to keep the Hawks defense honest, and more than anything show off just why he is the undisputed 3-time Defensive Player Of The Year.

What I'm basically saying is.. time to get back to Magic basketball, and that would be Dwight's part of it. The best revenge is living well, and there's no living better than sticking a big fat L on the other guy.