Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Gamethread: Magic vs. Hawks - GAME ONE

Game One!  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which Stuff will we see?

Hedo was definitely way too passive and passed up about 4 good shots, and passed up about 10 bad shots he'd normally take. . .

Agreed... I wish they would have went for it...

I just got back from the game and I am extremely angry and upset. I mean WHAT THE F*CK was the team doing

WE COULDN'T HIT A THREE TO SAVE OUR LIVES. Holy sh*t, I can't count how many times I stood up on a three attempt with three fingers up, only to be given a big F*CK YOU from the rim (and the refs, they took away at least two of our threes, talk about that next). Ryan, JJ, and J-Rich were just ice f*cking cold.

The refs screwed us. So hard. Soooo hard. Dwight got that COMPLETELY BULLSH*T T. The "Refs you suck" chants got REALLY loud for about 30 seconds.

Nobody could have said it better. You are spot on.

I predicted 3 weeks ago and got ripped by alot of you guys. We cannot win a series with Howard and Nelson beeing the only scorer on the team. What happened to J-Rich and Arenas in this game? Not to forget Hedo? I am fed up to get ripped by saying the truth. And are you really thinking Dwight will stay in O-Town with us losing in the first round? Hopefully some other players will step up and make it a series!

• Upvote 2

I predicted 3 weeks ago and got ripped by alot of you guys. We cannot win a series with Howard and Nelson beeing the only scorer on the team. What happened to J-Rich and Arenas in this game? Not to forget Hedo? I am fed up to get ripped by saying the truth. And are you really thinking Dwight will stay in O-Town with us losing in the first round? Hopefully some other players will step up and make it a series!

Some fans refuse to shed the homer glasses. No doubt about, our season ends this round. I faced the fact that we no longer have a contending team. Thanks Otis Smith, you did a wonderful job.

Some fans refuse to shed the homer glasses. No doubt about, our season ends this round. I faced the fact that we no longer have a contending team. Thanks Otis Smith, you did a wonderful job.

If we lose this round, Dwight is gone, Otis is gone, Stan is gone. Teams gonna fall apart...

Magic scored 93 pts on 75 shots, offense was fine. You're not going to win when the other team shoots over 50%. I've told you this maybe 100x and after every game they single cover Dwight but the Magic allow over 50% shooting you come back to say how they've got the team solved. . . this team just isn't going to win when they can't get stops, whether Dwight scores 46 points or 100.

Thank God somebody gets it. The stupidity required by those who suggest the team can't win when Dwight dominates and scores a gazillion points is mind numbing. He's not a perimeter player shooting a low percentage while forcing offense. He's the most efficient option this team has offensively. And further, those suggesting his teammates need to be more involved offensively to play hard defensively are both ignoring the obvious and making excuses. Without Dwight playing a near perfect first half, this team gets run off the floor. The notion the team should abandon what is working in an attempt to force feed players who aren't doing squat is ignorance defined. His teammates are weak defenders, period, and if they aren't motivated to bring what they do have, they don't deserve to be on the floor with Dwight, period, end of story. Do I believe that's the case? No, it's a convenient excuse for guys who routinely get abused defensively.

On another note: Who's that dolt who claimed RA, Hedo, & JJ were limited vs. playoff competition?

On another note II: Fortunately for the RA fan boys, my dedicated OMMB computer is operating on its death bed in safe mode right now with no hope of every receiving a password confirmation from Savage. Otherwise, new thread, IS Ryan Anderson an Epic Choker would be forthcoming...

18 turnovers, we had 18 turnovers!!! Hawks had only 9...we had 4 three second violations...team had the same problem in a regular season, games with 16, 18, 22 turnovers and most of them were not even forced...how can they be so careless in playoffs when every possession counts?

once again, I agree that refs were not good and most of the 50/50 calls were given to Hawks, bad ball movement, no passion and ect. But I still blame our coaching staff. We were not prepared for the game at all and we exactly knew how they were going to play...

It's a seven game series. We let one get away. Our coach is pretty damn good. We'll bounce back. I mean, seriously, the HAWKS going up against the Bulls in the next round? The HAWKS? The Bulls will CRUSH them. That series will be a sweep, if it comes to that.