Sign in to follow this  
chris23

Magic will be lucky to get out of the first round

And in the playoffs, barring fouls, yes Dwight will play every minute.

For those of you geniuses who think gortat wasnt worth his contract because you cant possibly pay somebody that kind of money as a backup congratulations. Dwights minutes and Im sure his frustration level with the team are jumping each game. Not to point out we decided to keep a back up shooting guard for more than gortat but thats another story. Oh and we also added another year to a max deal for another injured shooting guard then signed another shooting guard over the summer who cant even get minutes because he is just average on his best day (sorry Q).

Thankfully Otis was thinking ahead this summer when he payrolled that stud Malik Allen who cant seem to do anything well for the club but is very consistent if you count consistently horrible. Horrible moves by our gm and Ive not even touched on the duhon signing. I bet dwight is contacting real estate agents this summer because the talent and flexibility this club once had are going the way of the do do bird.

• Downvote 6

For those of you geniuses who think gortat wasnt worth his contract because you cant possibly pay somebody that kind of money as a backup congratulations. Dwights minutes and Im sure his frustration level with the team are jumping each game. Not to point out we decided to keep a back up shooting guard for more than gortat but thats another story. Oh and we also added another year to a max deal for another injured shooting guard then signed another shooting guard over the summer who cant even get minutes because he is just average on his best day (sorry Q).

Thankfully Otis was thinking ahead this summer when he payrolled that stud Malik Allen who cant seem to do anything well for the club but is very consistent if you count consistently horrible. Horrible moves by our gm and Ive not even touched on the duhon signing. I bet dwight is contacting real estate agents this summer because the talent and flexibility this club once had are going the way of the do do bird.

You know, my biggest issue with you is that everyone of your gripes comes well after the decision was made. I never saw you say anything about the Duhon signing until well into the season. You complain about Malik freaking Allen who has played all of 15 games this season and who won't play in the postseason as if he is the problem. Basically, you complain about everything that doesn't work out well after it's obvious that it didn't work out. Where are you when then moves first occur? Why don't you create one of your fantastic threads lambasting the move then? Do you think there is anyone here that needs convincing that Gilbert Arenas sucks? Do you think we are unaware that Duhon is very limited in what he can do? What are you trying to accomplish with your posting other than to make the regulars on this forum poke their eyes out?

The only post that you ever created that wasn't created after the fact was your infamous Dwight for Oden thread which would have been the worst catastrophe in Magic history if it had gone down like you wanted. Actually, you would have been calling for your own head. That's kind of funny to think about.

Who else thought it was awesome when that one dude quoted himself? I like the Magic's chances against the Hawks "if" they are healthy and Arenas plays some form of "good" basketball. If Arenas is the turnover machine he's been then we're a 1st round exit.

Who else thought it was awesome when that one dude quoted himself? I like the Magic's chances against the Hawks "if" they are healthy and Arenas plays some form of "good" basketball. If Arenas is the turnover machine he's been then we're a 1st round exit.

In my opinion, we shouldn't need Gil to get out of the first round. If he's sucking, play Jameer 40 minutes a night.. I really don't think Gilbert can win or lose us a series by himself.. especially in the first round against the Hawks, who usually struggle mightily in the postseason while we all know that Dwight, Hedo, J-Rich, and Jameer all shine in the pressure of the playoffs. Or at least they have before

In my opinion, we shouldn't need Gil to get out of the first round. If he's sucking, play Jameer 40 minutes a night.. I really don't think Gilbert can win or lose us a series by himself.. especially in the first round against the Hawks, who usually struggle mightily in the postseason while we all know that Dwight, Hedo, J-Rich, and Jameer all shine in the pressure of the playoffs. Or at least they have before

Honestly, I'd probably rather put Duhon in as a spot-up shooter and give Turk the ball as point-forward whenever Jameer is out.

• Upvote 1

Honestly when it comes down to it this team plain out isn't better than the Hawks at this moment. Why you say? Our BENCH. 13 pts vs Hawks. (Ryan Anderson with all 13); 17 pts vs Bobcats; 9 pts vs Raptors; 10 pts vs Bucks. Frankly we're not heading into the playoffs with a consistent enough bench and are going to have to rely heavily on our starting five. There are injuries including to our sixth man JJ Redick and he would help considerably but only one guy off the bench still can't help that much. Anderson is too streaky and relies too much on his 3 pt shooting. Q shoots too many threes as well and they just can't seem to go through the net. And Arenas and Duhon can't seem to score period. Clark was contributing but all of a sudden has found himself out of the rotation. I understand Otis's theory that bringing in new guys wouldn't be a good idea due to learning our system and chemistry, but at this point, it's a risk that should possibly be done. We simply need some guys that can score with our starters resting. Without contribution from Anderson, this team is out of luck. Can't win championships by having 2-3 guys off your bench that can't put the ball in the basket. Hawks have a good starting 5 with at least three decent guys off the bench in scoring machine Crawford and Marvin Williams and Zaza.

Atlanta's all about Dwight and home-court advantage. Atlanta's dynamite at home and have been for the last couple years. I also think the post-season will be a little different; we beat the Celtics last year 3-out-of-4, too. Did it do us any good come playoff time? Nope.

The playoffs are different and the calls (should) be different. If the Hawks get into foul trouble early, and they should, I don't see the series going much over six games. I don't think it'll be the sweep-fest-blowout it was last year, but we should win this one.

Second round? Not sure.

Honestly when it comes down to it this team plain out isn't better than the Hawks at this moment. Why you say? Our BENCH. 13 pts vs Hawks. (Ryan Anderson with all 13); 17 pts vs Bobcats; 9 pts vs Raptors; 10 pts vs Bucks. Frankly we're not heading into the playoffs with a consistent enough bench and are going to have to rely heavily on our starting five. There are injuries including to our sixth man JJ Redick and he would help considerably but only one guy off the bench still can't help that much. Anderson is too streaky and relies too much on his 3 pt shooting. Q shoots too many threes as well and they just can't seem to go through the net. And Arenas and Duhon can't seem to score period. Clark was contributing but all of a sudden has found himself out of the rotation. I understand Otis's theory that bringing in new guys wouldn't be a good idea due to learning our system and chemistry, but at this point, it's a risk that should possibly be done. We simply need some guys that can score with our starters resting. Without contribution from Anderson, this team is out of luck. Can't win championships by having 2-3 guys off your bench that can't put the ball in the basket. Hawks have a good starting 5 with at least three decent guys off the bench in scoring machine Crawford and Marvin Williams and Zaza.

Good analysis.

Any news on Redick? Guy is super important now.

Why do people insist on being negative even if everyone and their grandfather knows that the majority of the Magic players are playoff players. What do I mean by play off players? Well, most of the Magic player's ppg go up in the playoffs, namely Jameer, Dwight, Jason, Redick, and Hedo. These guys usually have huge play off performances and play their best basketball in the post season. Now, while we can say that the Magic have been poor against Atlanta, I can also say that Atlanta has sucked in the play offs. The fact of the matter is, the regular season is truly not the grading point of a team. The only thing that the regular season does is give you home court and decides who you play. Sorry to burst all the nay-sayer's bubbles, but that is the truth. I'm not at all worried about the first round and know the Magic will win and go on to the second round to play the Bulls. That is obvious. If the Hawks win, it will be an upset, but for now, the Magic are on their way to the second round and likely are going back to the ECF this year even with a good Bulls team in their way, and that is because the Magic is a play off team. But believe what you want to believe. I'm gonna have faith in my team.

• Upvote 5