Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Magic GM welcomes PG controversy involving Gil

No joke, I just had a dream where (*Knock on wood*) Jameer left a game with an ankle sprain or something. During an intermission, Gil approached SVG on the sideline, warm-up suit and all, and told him "my knee isn't feeling so good", grimaced, and then left. We then played...wait for it...Anthony Johnson for the remainder of the game. I was ecstatic.

Now, carry on with your day.

• Upvote 1

No joke, I just had a dream where (*Knock on wood*) Jameer left a game with an ankle sprain or something. During an intermission, Gil approached SVG on the sideline, warm-up suit and all, and told him "my knee isn't feeling so good", grimaced, and then left. We then played...wait for it...Anthony Johnson for the remainder of the game. I was ecstatic.

Now, carry on with your day.

I personally feel the only way this team gets to the Finals this year is if Meer goes down, we sign AJ or Rafer off the streets, and play them in the backcourt with Arenas. Then we start J-Rich at the 3, Hedo at the 4, and that other guy at the 5.

There is no point guard controversy. Jameer has the starting spot locked up and will have it locked up for the remainder of the season and in the playoffs. I'm completely ruling out that a season ending injury could possibly happen which it would. Break a leg.

Gilbert Arenas can't start for this team at all. In fact, I think his the root of all our turnover problems was all his influence because he's careless with every possession to a level that I thought was unreachable. Now, our players are casual instead of staying strong with the ball. The rate of turnovers is just an itch to the brain and a cymbal to the cheeks. They all deserve some type of random Jareth photo with someone face-palming or near that concept. Llamas and Dolphins.

Most of all, while Jameer's play is becoming more aggressive, Arenas is slowing down and missing games. Both of Arenas' knees are just shot and they seem to have gotten worse. Its his own responsibility to strengthen the muscles around the knee and make sure he's rehabilitating the knee in the proper and most suitable manner. Arenas' shoot first mentality is slipping at a better rate. I noticed he's passed up some shots that he would usually take in the 20 games after the trade. He's continually growing as a defensive player. Its not rapid but..hey I'll take it. The sad thing is, Arenas is worse than Duhon. Duhon, The Terrible. Gilbert, The Atrocity. That is how it goes people.

Again, There is no point guard controversy. Its all a scheme formulated by the Otis Smith, the NBA, and David Stern to distract the people from the real truth. The balding of Quentin Richardson.

Im with "O" on this.

At the same time, I like what Otis is trying to do with Gilbert. Giving Gilbert something to aim for right now is the best choice for the Magic. Is the goal obtainable for Gil to take over Nelsons starting role, barring injury..... nope. It would be very hard for Gil to come in 1yr and half and take over a job that Nelson has taken for the past 6yrs. Experience alone puts Nelson above Gilbert, the fact that Nelson has been tested over and over again in both regular and post season puts Nelson above Gil.

Has Gil ever made it to the Conference Finals.... or even lead his team past round 2?

Stat wise, Gilbert turns the ball over waaaaaaaay too much.... almost 3+ turnovers per game as a career average. At one point Gil average maxed out his "TO" at 4 per game. Nelson on the other hand has never average 3 TO's per game during any single season.

Last but not least, Nelson was drafted with Dwight..... They are as close to brother as you can get. The last thing you do is F with the family dynamic. It happen to Stephen Marbury and KG when Minnesota broke them up, the team fell apart.... then KG demanded a Trade and left.

However at this point we have a 100mil player, that is playing like he belongs in the D-League. Gilberts past performance has been trash, he hasnt shown any good signs of breaking out for the post season..... or any season for that matter.

I hate to say this.... but.... Vince and Lewis are better than Gilbert, they gave us more.

But please..... Gilbert prove me wrong.... im begging.

• Upvote 1

Im with "O" on this.

At the same time, I like what Otis is trying to do with Gilbert. Giving Gilbert something to aim for right now is the best choice for the Magic. Is the goal obtainable for Gil to take over Nelsons starting role, barring injury..... nope. It would be very hard for Gil to come in 1yr and half and take over a job that Nelson has taken for the past 6yrs. Experience alone puts Nelson above Gilbert, the fact that Nelson has been tested over and over again in both regular and post season puts Nelson above Gil.

Has Gil ever made it to the Conference Finals.... or even lead his team past round 2?

Stat wise, Gilbert turns the ball over waaaaaaaay too much.... almost 3+ turnovers per game as a career average. At one point Gil average maxed out his "TO" at 4 per game. Nelson on the other hand has never average 3 TO's per game during any single season.

Last but not least, Nelson was drafted with Dwight..... They are as close to brother as you can get. The last thing you do is F with the family dynamic. It happen to Stephen Marbury and KG when Minnesota broke them up, the team fell apart.... then KG demanded a Trade and left.

However at this point we have a 100mil player, that is playing like he belongs in the D-League. Gilberts past performance has been trash, he hasnt shown any good signs of breaking out for the post season..... or any season for that matter.

I hate to say this.... but.... Vince and Lewis are better than Gilbert, they gave us more.

But please..... Gilbert prove me wrong.... im begging.

Marbury left Minnesota in 1999. Garnett was traded in 2007.

• Upvote 1

Marbury left Minnesota in 1999. Garnett was traded in 2007.

Correct, i never said it was those two events happened close.

And the Wolves did not have the same swagger when Marbury left. Many Minnesota fans were pissed because Stephen and KG were like brothers. KG took it hard when Stephen left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIZPcQKucdU

I am so disappointed in Arenas that it makes me wanna poop. I will have to admit that when the trade went down, I was all for it because Rashard was just going through the motions and seemed to be bringing the team down. Also, we needed another point guard and had Ryan Anderson to fill in for Rashard. At least Ryan hustles. All I can say now is that I hope Gilbert & Otis have made an under the table deal for the last year on his contract. If not, Otis may be looking for a job.

However unlikely it is that he reproduces his 4th quarter run in a playoff game, this is exactly what makes Arenas an X-factor. Again, it isn't by any means likely, but he's capable of going on runs like he did midway through the final quarter, which goes along with the dark horse label the media has given us recently.

• Upvote 1