Sign in to follow this  
Shock Phantom

Orlando Magic @ New York Knicks Game Thread

There is very little empirical evidence that Stern cares about this particular game. You haven't offered any. Refs being bad does not mean "Stern influenced the refs!" Two different claims.

BMP's remarks are the only things even remotely close to what I'd call empirical. Everything else just looks like a bunch of whining.

You're right, I didn't have Stern's phone-lines tapped pre-game.

I'm just going on decades of history. Still haven't said if you actually watched the game.

There is very little empirical evidence that Stern cares about this particular game. You haven't offered any. Refs being bad does not mean "Stern influenced the refs!" Two different claims.

BMP's remarks are the only things even remotely close to what I'd call empirical. Everything else just looks like a bunch of whining.

You are either VirginiaBchMagicfan or Stern.

Stan Van Gundy doesn't seem to be much worried about this game. In fact, it comes as a big surprise that he didn't get himself ejected for what he saw on court.

The Magic need to get healthy quick. I expect us to struggle to close out this team however the Orlando Magic have been tough through the hardest of times.

Injuries: Sprained finger (Chris Duhon), Sprained Abdomen (JJ Redick), Sprained Knee(Jameer Nelson).

I've been really missing JJ. Who would have thought a sprained abdomen would keep him out of commission so long. Jameer was getting into playoff form and now..not so much since the injury. Duhon injury shouldn't be that serious but jamming your finger.....is..pretty....painful. I've had my finger jammed by a football once.

At the end of the day, Stern doesnt view Basketball as a sport.

Stern views Basketball as a money generating system, where you have player branding that can touch the global market.

Every move he makes is a direct correlation of driving profits up for his constituents. Which is why this years CBA will be as nasty as the NFL's.

As for NY, NY generates lots of money..... Their season ticket holders are lacking... Their team is sinking and might miss the playoffs.... The fans are losing confidence.... "Pre-orders" wont be in high demand.... unless

They start winning.

The NBA is almost inline with the WWF. Except Stern needs some "Stone Cold Steve Austin" in his life.... and a couple of "Stone Cold Stunners"

• Upvote 1

Well, back this game up with stats and "basketball analysis" and whatnots.

Certains teams WILL WIN certain games.-

People will forget and look back at the stats, eventually. "They obviously like what they've got going on" and it ain't gonna change.

Let's hope we don't see such TERRIBLE BULL in the playoffs, especially against the mighty Chicago Bullsh.

I really like my TV...

Stan Van Gundy doesn't seem to be much worried about this game. In fact, it comes as a big surprise that he didn't get himself ejected for what he saw on court.

The Magic need to get healthy quick. I expect us to struggle to close out this team however the Orlando Magic have been tough through the hardest of times.

Injuries: Sprained finger (Chris Duhon), Sprained Abdomen (JJ Redick), Sprained Knee(Jameer Nelson).

I've been really missing JJ. Who would have thought a sprained abdomen would keep him out of commission so long. Jameer was getting into playoff form and now..not so much since the injury. Duhon injury shouldn't be that serious but jamming your finger.....is..pretty....painful. I've had my finger jammed by a football once.

ahhh jammed fingers, haven't had those in a while. But it's the type of injury that becomes petty/nuisance if you have decent pain threshold. But I am missing JJ too, it's very possible that he have a good game against NYK 2nd unt.

At the end of the day, Stern doesnt view Basketball as a sport.

Stern views Basketball as a money generating system, where you have player branding that can touch the global market.

Every move he makes is a direct correlation of driving profits up for his constituents. Which is why this years CBA will be as nasty as the NFL's.

As for NY, NY generates lots of money..... Their season ticket holders are lacking... Their team is sinking and might miss the playoffs.... The fans are losing confidence.... "Pre-orders" wont be in high demand.... unless

They start winning.

Exaaaaactly...