Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

2009 Magic vs. 2011 Magic ; Who's more potent?

You know, I really don't understand all the Rafer Alston bashing or lack of appreciation that's been going on as of late?! For one thing, the guy was lightyears better defensively than any other PG we've had...especially Jameer. His passing ability and knack for finding the open man was pretty damn good. Oh yeah, and his play only helped us in getting to the NBA Finals for only the 2nd time EVER.

You know, I really don't understand all the Rafer Alston bashing or lack of appreciation that's been going on as of late?! For one thing, the guy was lightyears better defensively than any other PG we've had...especially Jameer. His passing ability and knack for finding the open man was pretty damn good. Oh yeah, and his play only helped us in getting to the NBA Finals for only the 2nd time EVER.

You're right on. His shooting was a bit sketchy, but man, did he ever get us to the Finals.

For 2009 case:

- Hedo at his finest

- Lew at his finest

- CLee with a tremendous rookie season and very important games in the playoffs

- Gortat breakout party against Philly, key from the bench.

- Better defense. Playing the underdog role really well.

- Knack for winning difficult games on the road (both regular season and playoffs)

For 2011 case:

- Dwight at his finest

- More depth in the PG position

- More experienced SG

- High scoring offense. A lot of weapons.

I think the 2009 team has some advantages. Mostly mental and with the supporting cast around Howard.

This season, we depend much more on Howard (If Howard went down in 2009, we were still easily a 2nd round team). And the East opponents are much, much improved.

So, definitely the 2009 team was a little better, but also the rivals were much easier, except for LA.

He just sucked

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

He just sucked

Please tell me you are joking...I want to believe my sarcasm meter is broken and you arent being serious.

Epic fail...

epic fail ya brooo total epic fail aw noobs man u mad nawww dude did u see that epic fail oh dude it was so epic oh dude he mad awwww nawwww man i pwned him and he was like maaan and i was like so win dude it was like epic win man oh lol did u hear sheen moar like epic #WINNING amirite oh nawww dont play ok brb my mom is calling me ok bye

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

epic fail ya brooo total epic fail aw noobs man u mad nawww dude did u see that epic fail oh dude it was so epic oh dude he mad awwww nawwww man i pwned him and he was like maaan and i was like so win dude it was like epic win man oh lol did u hear sheen moar like epic #WINNING amirite oh nawww dont play ok brb my mom is calling me ok bye

Quite sad...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You aren't very good at that.