Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Stan Van Gundy is Awesome

I'm sure David Stern will enjoy being compared to other leaders around the world and their suppressions of speech. Also, love the bit about the Heat. What d-bags for throwing a free agent signing party. Have an official press conference like everyone else. You're not as cool as Will Smith says.

He really can't be a bigger target. Right now it's still a manageable situation for the NBA to where they can paint Dwight as the bad guy. Now before anyone jumps all over me here, I don't believe he is. But to a large majority of NBA fans (especially those in the big markets and rival playoff teams the Magic face) Dwight is viewed many times as someone who complains too much and is justified in getting all the T's he gets, no matter how much he gets hit.

The NBA is perfectly happy with that. That perception makes it easy for the policy of keeping big men on a lower tier then the more flashy perimeter players. However, if the refs continued to go after Howard more and more, it would bring more and more attention to the issue, much like it did in the first two rounds of the playoffs last year, when public opinion started swinging toward Dwight's corner with all the ridiculous fouls that were being called on him.

Two things. One, people complain out of jealousy. Just like everyone complaining about Duncan, but who wouldn't want him on their team for the past 10+ years?

The reason people started to swing over to Dwight's corner in the playoffs was that, until that point, they only caught a small handful of Magic games, and those included when Orlando was playing their favorite team, which leaves them a little biased.

Watching yesterday's Heat/Bulls game, I focused on LeBron mostly. He must have had at least 20 "Are you ******* KIDDING ME?!?" gestures aimed directly at officials for what he believed were non-calls. They didn't hit him with a technical. Not. one.

It's a sham. It really is.

• Upvote 3

While watching yesterday afternoons Heat/Bulls matchup, I kept a close eye on James for the most part. He probably had about 19 or 20 "You've got to be joking!! Me!?!?!" motions aimed squarely at the refs for what he thought were non-calls. They didn't hand him one T. Not. Uno.

It's ridiculous. It really is.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

While watching yesterday afternoons Heat/Bulls matchup, I kept a close eye on James for the most part. He probably had about 19 or 20 "You've got to be joking!! Me!?!?!" motions aimed squarely at the refs for what he thought were non-calls. They didn't hand him one T. Not. Uno.

It's ridiculous. It really is.

trollface-%28n1297246220790%29.jpg

• Upvote 1

Two things. One, people complain out of jealousy. Just like everyone complaining about Duncan, but who wouldn't want him on their team for the past 10+ years?

The reason people started to swing over to Dwight's corner in the playoffs was that, until that point, they only caught a small handful of Magic games, and those included when Orlando was playing their favorite team, which leaves them a little biased.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Unfortunately that is right now the majority perception of Dwight right now in the league. Last years playoffs did a bit to lighten that up, and Dwight's own strides offensively are getting fans a bit more in his corner, but unfortunately it's still not enough to take away the image the NBA has tried to paint on him.

Stan might get suspended for those comments, lol.

I was actually thinking the same thing. As much as I love him for it, those comments are very close to suspension worthy.

I don't even know what that is, but I guess that's why you're a troll. You scour every forum known to man, learn their memes, and then troll this forum with your new-and-improved repertoire of trollishness

:creaturedance:

I don't even know what that is, but I guess that's why you're a troll. You scour every forum known to man, learn their memes, and then troll this forum with your new-and-improved repertoire of trollishness

:creaturedance:

cat_filing.gif