Sign in to follow this  
fan for too long 2

Earl Clark where are you???

Do you think that Earl's offensive abilities would have helped us to win yesterday? Our defense was pretty fine all night, we needed scoring and Hedo has bigger potential than Clark to do that.

Hedo's offense was nonexistent last night. So Yes I think Earl would have produced more plus he would have crashed the boards and given the magic more opportunities. That was really the Achilles heel in that game and in alot of games. Dwight can't get all the rebounds and against the better rebounding teams Earl is the type of player we need.

Hedo's offense was nonexistent last night. So Yes I think Earl would have produced more plus he would have crashed the boards and given the magic more opportunities. That was really the Achilles heel in that game and in alot of games. Dwight can't get all the rebounds and against the better rebounding teams Earl is the type of player we need.

What we need is a motivated/healthy Bass, or a motivated Ryno. Bass can finish around the rim, and Ryno has the ability to get offensive rebounds when he isnt stuck in the corner. I agree that Bass may need to take a seat to rest up for the playoffs though, he still doesnt look right-and I dont want his trade value lowered in the offseason because barring a lockout I think there is a shakeup in the works.

We didn't need offense last night. We needed rebounding and hustle. Our defense was ok, but no team in the NBA can afford to be outrebounded 50-29 especially when you have a dominate rebounder like Dwight. D12 would rotate to block a shot and the backboard was wide open all night. It was not only Bass, but Ryan was getting beat. Yes it was a back to back and neither guy showed much legs.

Intangibles and immeasurables are very important. Don't underestimate them. Remember Q was a big part of our win against the Heat, and he played 17 minutes with 3 points, 2 rebounds and 2 steals. Those aren't sexy numbers, but we all saw the difference with him hustling on the floor. His hustling and effort combined with Jrich hitting shots won that game. 5 scorers on the floor is not always needed especially when 3 of them won't play D or rebound.

The most important keys to winning are Rebounding, Defense and limiting turnovers. Hedo does none of those things.

• Downvote 1

We aren't going to win many games by scoring 81 points. Defense was fine overall, just not consistently good.

81pts can still when you a game like that one as long as you don't give up 23 second chance points. Offensive basketball may be fun to watch but its overrated. Everyone knows this, but hates to admit it. Defensive rebounds are part of defense.

A well rested Magic team and playing more careful and smarter NBA ball would have probably warranted a victory. Stan doesn't play guys some nights because of size, speed and match ups.

A well rested Magic team and playing more careful and smarter NBA ball would have probably warranted a victory. Stan doesn't play guys some nights because of size, speed and match ups.

I like Van Gundy, but last night Hedo needed to sit more. SVG complains about defensive intensity and energy, but rarely does anything about the guys that don't show up. Yes we were a tired team and injuries are more likely when you are tired. So that is more reason to go deeper into the bench.

I like Van Gundy, but last night Hedo needed to sit more. SVG complains about defensive intensity and energy, but rarely does anything about the guys that don't show up. Yes we were a tired team and injuries are more likely when you are tired. So that is more reason to go deeper into the bench.

yeah, I sit behind the scorer's table and there is one girl, some statistician or something that ryan anderson is always talking/flirting with. and when he checked in for the first time last night she said something to him and he made a "meh" face and says "I'm really tired"...i thought great...

Are people really arguing that offense was the problem last night?

Anyone care to ponder why our team only scored 81 points, despite shooting a respectable 44% from the field? Pretty simple, rebounding. We, as a team, average 80 field-goal attempts per game on the season. We attempted 70 last night. We were out-rebounded by 20. I don't care how raw Earl's offense is (even though, jumpshot aside, he's farther along than Bass), I'm sure he could do a little better than three rebounds in 32 minutes. And that's with the guy playing limited minutes against Miami.

If defense is supposedly this team's calling card (and rebounding IS a defensive skill), then I can't fathom why Clark has fallen so deeply out of the rotation.

Anyone care to ponder why our team only scored 81 points, despite shooting a respectable 44% from the field? Pretty simple, rebounding. We, as a team, average 80 field-goal attempts per game on the season. We attempted 70 last night. We were out-rebounded by 20. I don't care how raw Earl's offense is (even though, jumpshot aside, he's farther along than Bass), I'm sure he could do a little better than three rebounds in 32 minutes. And that's with the guy playing limited minutes against Miami.

If defense is supposedly this team's calling card (and rebounding IS a defensive skill), then I can't fathom why Clark has fallen so deeply out of the rotation.

Some people on this board think that if you can't shoot the three, you should sit on the bench. More rebounds equal more chances at threes. More hustling equals more lose ball situations for our defensive.

we got out-rebounded on the offensive end, but it felt like the ball just went a certain way and a bulls player was always there to gobble it up. The whole night just felt like one of those where the ball never went our way, and we never got a break off of it. Asik should get some credit though, maybe he can share whatever turkish doner kebab he ate before the game with hedo.