Sign in to follow this  
Johnboy1980

I WOULDN'T WANT KING JAMES AT THE MAGIC

In my eyes, Dwight benefits more from a primary permieter scorer, or ball-handler, who can dish and shoot... not drive and dominate the ball.

Interesting take..makes sense in a way.

A dominant big-man, who clogs the middle, demands the ball (or should), would not benefit from a guy like Bron. LeBron is a guy who dominates the ball, can create, but gets most of his shots going to the basket. If Dwight, the lane clogger, is down there, then LeBron won't have as much room to work... and you take away the best aspect of his game. And I'm not the only person in here who's expressed that exact sentiment.

Durant is a perimeter guy, with great length and shooting ability. He can, in fact, take over a game with his shooting. The combo of Dwight and Durant would rival that of Kobe and Shaq (not be better, mind you, but rival it).

In my eyes, Dwight benefits more from a primary permieter scorer, or ball-handler, who can dish and shoot... not drive and dominate the ball.

LeBron's about as good of a perimeter scorer as Durant. Everyone talks about how the lane would be "clogged" but LeBron never had any problems when Shaq was in that team and when they played AV at the 4/5. LeBron's 10x the play maker Durant wished he would be and with him bowling his way through the lane I don't think there would be any empty possessions because the ball would either go in, he'd get fouled, pass to Dwight off the double/triple team, or Dwight would pick up his miss. Not to mention how ridiculous the 3/5 pick and rolls would be.

Imagine Hedo running the pick and roll, now imagine Hedo could actually turn the corner and drive hard. I'm not sure how teams would be able to stop a LeBron/Howard pick and roll without completely jeopardizing their perimeter defense, which in that case would leave hundreds of open 3s.

Durant can't make plays to save his life and is basically a terrific jumpshooter/flopper. I think Dwight/Durant fit about as well as Melo/Amar'e

LeBron's about as good of a perimeter scorer as Durant. Everyone talks about how the lane would be "clogged" but LeBron never had any problems when Shaq was in that team and when they played AV at the 4/5. LeBron's 10x the play maker Durant wished he would be and with him bowling his way through the lane I don't think there would be any empty possessions because the ball would either go in, he'd get fouled, pass to Dwight off the double/triple team, or Dwight would pick up his miss. Not to mention how ridiculous the 3/5 pick and rolls would be.

Imagine Hedo running the pick and roll, now imagine Hedo could actually turn the corner and drive hard. I'm not sure how teams would be able to stop a LeBron/Howard pick and roll without completely jeopardizing their perimeter defense, which in that case would leave hundreds of open 3s.

Durant can't make plays to save his life and is basically a terrific jumpshooter/flopper. I think Dwight/Durant fit about as well as Melo/Amar'e

I see what you're saying, but I'm going off what I notice about LeBron's game nowadays. And my whole argument from the start was that he's a bad closer. That being said, and now that the convo has switched gears, you're right, a Bron/Dwight pick and roll would be devastating, no doubt. But I disagree that LeBron is a better pure scorer. I think he's a MUCH more rounded player than Durant, obviously, but Durant's shot is a silk sheet piece wrapped in moist panties. And Durant would probably be better at closing a game.

I think the philosophy of surrounding Dwight with shooters is fundamentally sound, and who better to surround Dwight with than one of the best shooters in the game? I don't know, man.

Lebron on this team with Dwight could realistically average a triple double.. I'm not gonna invite the guy over for dinner, but he's pretty damn good at what he does

I think the philosophy of surrounding Dwight with shooters is fundamentally sound, and who better to surround Dwight with than one of the best shooters in the game? I don't know, man.

Durant's hardly one of the best shooters in the game. . .

Crazy or no, I would not want Lebron on my team. Guy has talent out the wazoo, but it takes more than talent to win titles. Just look at what he's done to Miami in the short time he's been there. I feel like I'm watching an old Cavs game, with the ball in Lebron's hands 90% of the time, and 4 other guys just standing around watching. Yeah, it looks impressive when he's filling up the stat sheet, and on the rare nights where he's hitting jump shots, you might as well pack it in and get ready for the next game. But everyone here seems to think that if he were playing for the Magic it would somehow be different. What do you base this on? The fact that his game didn't change at all moving from Cleveland to Miami, even though he has two other guys that are top 5 at their positions? The guy only cares about himself and his image. Not winning championships.

So yeah, if you want to see Lebron in a Magic jersey, at the top of the key, dribbling the shot clock all the way down before making an outstanding play, while 4 other players (including our own hero, Dwight), stand around watching, then go ahead and sell the farm to bring in an extremely talented, ego-maniac, can't learn a team game, quitting when things get tough and blaming everyone else, wins in the regular season but can't quite keep it up for the playoffs Lebron James. As for me, I'd rather bring in FAs that won't dominate the ball quite as much and will put the ball into Howard's hands more often. I'm sure Wade is already getting tired of playing for the Miami Lebrons, and I sure don't want Howard to hate playing for the Orlando Lebrons.

I imagine if Magic hypothetically added James, team would be more hated than the Heat currently are. Dwight is seen as a dirty player and whiner by other fanbases, and James is....well, James.

I always thought Wade would be a better fit with D12 than any other free agent from last summer. Now that Otis has Magic in salary cap hell without considering any potential reduction in cap with next CBA, team would have to gut the team to do a sign and trade for a top talent. Problem is that if Howard leaves, Magic become NY Knicks prior to Amare and Melo.

Crazy or no, I would not want Lebron on my team. Guy has talent out the wazoo, but it takes more than talent to win titles. Just look at what he's done to Miami in the short time he's been there. I feel like I'm watching an old Cavs game, with the ball in Lebron's hands 90% of the time, and 4 other guys just standing around watching. Yeah, it looks impressive when he's filling up the stat sheet, and on the rare nights where he's hitting jump shots, you might as well pack it in and get ready for the next game. But everyone here seems to think that if he were playing for the Magic it would somehow be different. What do you base this on? The fact that his game didn't change at all moving from Cleveland to Miami, even though he has two other guys that are top 5 at their positions? The guy only cares about himself and his image. Not winning championships.

So yeah, if you want to see Lebron in a Magic jersey, at the top of the key, dribbling the shot clock all the way down before making an outstanding play, while 4 other players (including our own hero, Dwight), stand around watching, then go ahead and sell the farm to bring in an extremely talented, ego-maniac, can't learn a team game, quitting when things get tough and blaming everyone else, wins in the regular season but can't quite keep it up for the playoffs Lebron James. As for me, I'd rather bring in FAs that won't dominate the ball quite as much and will put the ball into Howard's hands more often. I'm sure Wade is already getting tired of playing for the Miami Lebrons, and I sure don't want Howard to hate playing for the Orlando Lebrons.

The thing is, STAN VAN GUNDY wouldn't allow that to happen. He would be coached by a upper tier coach for the first time in his career.

Since we are on this topic, me and a friend where talking about who is the best player in the league to pair up with Dwight. Even though I hate him, I still think it's LeBron because that's just another Kobe/Shaq in the making. Like BMP pointed out, the P&R with LeBron/Dwight would be amazing. I was thinking about it earlier and came up with the idea of building a roster for the Magic where I can only take one All Star from another team and came up with this.

C-Dwight Howard

PF-Paul Millsap

SF-LeBron James

SG-Jason Richardson

PG-Jameer Nelson

Bench

C-Ronny Turiaf

PF-Ryan Anderson

SF-Mickael Pietrus

SG-J.J. Redick

PG-Kirk Hinrich

I was going to put Aldridge at PF, but that seems a little too unfair....the NBA is a joke for not putting that guy into the All Star game.

The thing is, STAN VAN GUNDY wouldn't allow that to happen. He would be coached by a upper tier coach for the first time in his career.

He has an upper-tier coach above him by way of Pat Riley, and how's that working out? I understand Riley's not really the coach, but you would think Riley would have already used his vast experience to at least set the example of how they should be playing. So far, no such luck. I just wouldn't want Lebron for the reason I don't think he's coachable and he's not going to change that. I don't want to see Howard minimized just for the sake of Lebron's regular season highlight reels.

• Upvote 1