Sign in to follow this  
Johnboy1980

I WOULDN'T WANT KING JAMES AT THE MAGIC

Now I'm not sure that this'll make much sense and I'm sure everyone would disagree

BUT

If there was ever a possibility that Lebron could come to Orlando I'm not sure I'd be happy with it.

I was a big fan of his when he was in Cleveland but since then I've started to have a major dislike for him mainly due to his HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE ego.

The main thing for me is when you have James on your team I get the feeling the coach sort of becomes void. The King holds so much power in this league that no franchise would have the balls to back their coach over him if there was a fallout, he knows it and I don't like that. Every player should listen and respect their coach/manager and I do not get that feeling from him now. Plus look at how many plays the Heat run that are just isolation plays for him, sure I can see the reasoning behind it because a lot more times than not it works out but I get a lot more satisfaction when the TEAM wins with good passing plays etc etc. Surely the Heat coach is bored no?

There's more I could write but this'll probably just turn into a rant if I do.

Just interested in what you guys think......

• Upvote 2

LeBron is a d'bag, but he is an excellent player. So you're dumb if you would not want him on our team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I agree with you man.

I think quite a bit about the emotional and psychological investment I have in this team, where that comes from, and why.

The Magic seem, in my mind, like a band of brothers. Adding a self involved Dick like lebron might make it so that I no longer felt that way.

I'm a Red Sox fan too, and I didn't want them to get Arod back in the day either though.

Now that I think about it, maybe this has to do with liking the team to feel slighted? Sort of an "always a bridesmade" underdog kinda thing.

I'll stress the fact that LeBron is EXACTLY the kind of egotistical d'bag I hate in the NBA. That said? I'd completely change that point of view if he took the court with the Magic. As much as I don't like his primadonna personality, the dude is a phenomenal player.

Let's not refer to him as "King" please. He gave himself the nickname and still hasn't won anything. Right now he's just a real talented peasant who wears a headband because his hair line has been receding since junior high.

• Upvote 3

Right now he's just a real talented peasant who wears a headband because his hair line has been receding since junior high.

Caused by the same testosterone that caused his gigantism.

• Downvote 1

Coming from a KC Chiefs fan...it would be like if the Chiefs got Elway back in the 90s. Even though Elway is in no way a d'bag like Lebron is. It would have been like rooting for pure evil.

• Upvote 1