Sign in to follow this  
Johnboy1980

I WOULDN'T WANT KING JAMES AT THE MAGIC

Jordan used to set up his teammates early and dominate the ball in crunch time. Lebron does the opposite. They haven't built the right team around the big three yet so I don't think lebron can afford to not dominate the ball early.

I've seen Lebron dominate the ball at crunch time on plenty of occasions. I don't think either philosophy is necessarily wrong. If Lebron is drawing 2 opponents to him, he should be looking for the open teammate regardless of how much time is left in the game. I have plenty of problems with how Lebron conducts himself on and off the court but decision making is not one of his weaknesses as far as I'm concerned.

After last year's playoffs and a few games this year people are already crowning LeBron as the choke master and all but I remember him taking a team that had Big Z as its 2nd best player to the Finals and remember him being an absolute monster in 2009. If LeBron plays anywhere near how he played in 2009 and Wade shows up I'd be very worried.

After last year's playoffs and a few games this year people are already crowning LeBron as the choke master and all but I remember him taking a team that had Big Z as its 2nd best player to the Finals and remember him being an absolute monster in 2009. If LeBron plays anywhere near how he played in 2009 and Wade shows up I'd be very worried.

Even with Wade and Bosh, that team still feels beatable to me in a way that Cleveland did two years ago with James. They're better of course, but I still feel Howard gives us the edge. Until Lebron pairs up with a true big man, I still think we can beat him.

• Upvote 1

Even with Wade and Bosh, that team still feels beatable to me in a way that Cleveland did two years ago with James. They're better of course, but I still feel Howard gives us the edge. Until Lebron pairs up with a true big man, I still think we can beat him.

They're definitely beatable. I just hope they continue to crumble and crapping up their chemistry. Wade and LeBron have shown to be monsters in playoff games and that Miami team can defend well so it's a matter of hoping they can't get it together. . .

I would give up anyone and everyone on this team not named Dwight for Lebron. Any opinion to the contrary and you are letting your personal feelings get in the way of the success of the team.

I would give up anyone and everyone on this team not named Dwight for Lebron. Any opinion to the contrary and you are letting your personal feelings get in the way of the success of the team.

Because different opinions are "wrong."

Sweet. :creaturedance:

The guy is a massive **** sucker and one of the biggest tools walking the face of this earth, but anyone who says they wouldn't want him on this team doesn't have this teams interests at heart. The guy's an amazing basketballer.

The guy is a massive **** sucker and one of the biggest tools walking the face of this earth, but anyone who says they wouldn't want him on this team doesn't have this teams interests at heart. The guy's an amazing basketballer.

I totally see where you're coming from but I don't entirely agree. You're first point will not draw an argument from me, the guy's an idiot but my reasons for not wanting lebron at Orlando are exactly because of my interest in the team. In my opinion, and I understand that's all it is, the guy believes his own hype too much. Yes he's incredible and can do just about anything on the court but being humble is a great quality and he doesn't have it.

Sure the franchise players in this league know they can use their star power to decide matters that really shouldn't be a players responsibility or decision. Hell there was even rumours that Dwight was involved in the massive trades we pulled off earlier this season and I'm sure Kobe has put the Lakers in the same situation at some point in the past along with other greats like Jordan and the likes.

BUT

I think Lebron just takes it to the next level. His much discussed treatment of Cleveland and the live tv event etc etc was out of order. The guy surely doesn't have any idea of decency to do something like that. That was the team and those were the fans that supported him since the start and yes he did a lot in return and he had every right to change teams but the way he did was bad taste in the extreme.

And then there's the coach. Surely once Lebron is onboard the coaches power is instantly diminished and I'd imagine if there is something "The King" doesn't like then the coach has to take a backseat to avoid making James angry or upset and then creating a power struggle which can only have one winner. I'd hate to have Stan put into that situation and the thing is that Howard could put SVG into that position if he wanted to but (as far as we know) he doesn't and I feel that right there is the difference between the two men.

Also, you ever seen the vids where Lebron pretty much walks right through Erik Spoelstra without even as much as a hint of an apology (there's more than one). That is a complete lack of respect and I don't like it.

I don't think it'll happen but I hope he never gets a ring. Unless of course he grows up.

Because different opinions are "wrong."

Sweet. :creaturedance:

Actually, yes. Particularly when you base your opinion solely on subjective information that is clearly biased based on your personal opinion of Lebron the person, not the player. Ignoring valid statistical evidence doesn't help either.

Actually, yes. Particularly when you base your opinion solely on subjective information that is clearly biased based on your personal opinion of Lebron the person, not the player. Ignoring valid statistical evidence doesn't help either.

Exactly. I absolutely HATE LeBron's public personality. He is a liar, a coward, and incredibly self absorbed, based on what I have seen on television. Who agrees to an hour long TV special about himself leaving his hometown team while acting like he wasn't leaving even going so far as he said he WOKE UP THAT F***ING morning and decided he was going to Miami? Maybe because all his life he has had people following him and hyping him up, it has gone right to his head, but he is incredibly unlikable. But, he really hasn't done anything so condemning to his character that I would actually have a problem with him being on my favorite professional basketball team. He is also, and has been for the past 4 years, the best player in the league. A LeBron and Dwight tandem would be amazing.

Kobe essentially demanded to play for the Lakers and no other team before he even stepped in an NBA court. He drove Shaq and Phil Jackson out of town and once he pretty much destroyed the Lakers he blamed the organization for not building a good enough team and eventually demanded a trade. . . it took an incredibly lopsided and unlikely trade (borderline illegal) for Kobe to stay.

Look where he is now. . .

• Upvote 1

Again, I know how "talented" he is. I've seen the stats (thanks BMP). However, his attitude towards the game; his ego-driven style of play, something that be easily seen with your own eyes; his inability to close a game in RECENT YEARS; sorry, I honestly don't give a flying f*ck what you say, nothing could compel to me choose LeBron over anyone else to pair up with Dwight.

Like I said, I would rather see D12 in tandem with a guy like Durant, or Rose, or a younger Kobe. HOWEVER, and I've already said this, if I didn't have Dwight on my team, and I could get LeBron to build a team around, then yes I would pick him. But I do not believe his style of play would compliment Dwight in the slightest.

Are. We. Getting. It. Now?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1