Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Fans Game Thread: Magic @ HEAT 03/03/2011

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

It was a double foul, not tech

What a relief. I was seriously pissed at Dwight because I thought he picked up a stupid tech and then I got unpissed when he blocked Wade, Lebron and Bosh and then I got repissed when they called that foul for Wade at the end, one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

I had the volume low and heard Reggie say something about it being a tech; never bothered to verify.

yeah, I believe the announcers both thought it was a technical but then they corrected themselves

So, was Arenas' "I can't feel my face" an ode to Deshawn Stevenson or is this going to be a regular thing now? It's awesome. I need Howard doing this after he knocks down a pair of free throws.

Arenas was the "originator" of the "I can't feel my face", he's done it a few times with the Magic.

I thought it was Stevenson. . . .

SHHHHH......T

This game reminded me a lot of 2009 eastern finals - the first two games. Magic down by 20+, and came

back to win the first game, and almost the second game back then. That's how Magic was that season, all season long.

Never gave up until the last minute. It is nice to see that swagger come back to the team!!

By the way, today's win and those wins back then have something in common: Lebron the hero. Interesting?

Apparently more things are in common (WEIRD?? DEJAVU??):

- EXACT same half-time score (63-48)

- Mo made a halftime, buzzer-beater, 66 feet half-court 3 (Miller made it in this game, didn't count)

Great point, I pointed out the exact same things at halftime in the Chat room, and it came to pass in similarly dramatic fashion.. just two JJ free throws instead of a Rashard game winner.

Coincidences? Maybe. Or maybe Wade needs to wrestle back control of his franchise quickly, before Miami IS the new Cleveland. Great regular season record and maybe another flame out in the playoffs for LeBron on the way.

In other news, that Arenas avatar is beyond sweet, LOL.

Loved reading the Heat blog, man they are upset :) The way they moan they kinda sound like..........................eh............us! :D

Who'd have thought that fans that seen their team resign Wade AND land Lebron and Bosh could still be upset? Plus man they REALLY hate Bosh. I love it.

WELL DONE MAGIC. We need to sort out the terrible starts and Jekyll and Hyde style performances but kudos for having the steel and guts to come back and pull out the win.

MAJOR PROPS to SVG for keeping the team in the game despite being 24 points down and playing some of the worse defense ever.

Players

1- JRich - Q was huge, but without him scoring a flurry of 3s we dont come back on this one. Otis lookin good

2- Q - Crying for more minutes. His defense on LeBron has to be one of the best in the league. Also the intensity. I posted earlier in the game, lack of intensity was killing us. He, Dwight and Jameer were driving forces behind this one.

3- Tied Arenas/Anderson - Gilbert ball handling and passes are awful. Even worse than i thought. But how ´bout them 3s?. Ryno is consistenly putting up 15, and he fight the boards like anyone not named Howard in this team.

4- Nelson - Not exactly Knicks-like performance, but still driving with confidence and scoring when needed in the 4th.

Notes

- Striking resemblance with G1 against Cavs, even with Mo shot (that one counted) and MM´s.

- Dont say i did not tell you. Gilbert´s contract is not as bad as Rashard´s because his production nowadays is vastly superior (and considering that he is playing mediocre at best, just imagine Lewis in DC)

- You dont have to be taller than your opponent to be a good defender. Just look at Q, Jameer.

- Howard almost non-factor and we beat the heat in the road. Live by the 3

• Downvote 1

The thing I don't understand with all the Miami fans and the talking heads not believing the Heat lost, and the Magic are way worse etc., is that Miami can only build their crazy leads with LeRobin and Wade shooting absolutely insane.

Then, when their shooting returns to normal, they have to play ball, and the Magic start shooting at a high percentage, it's somehow a Heat failure. Really, all it is was a very artificial score inflation in the first place. At halftime LeRobin was something like 7-8 and Wade 11-13 iirc. Their team shooting average was only ~55%. The rest of the team was a waste.

There is no way that type of production can be kept up. Solid team play, team defense, balanced scoring, not atrocious reffing and the Magic will be fine in a series.

The Heat play like a pyramid scheme and end up losing in the end when it bottoms out.