Sign in to follow this  
Perciville Jones

Trade Deadline Winners and Losers

Am I the only one to think the Celtics just got a bit weaker?

They did and also the bobcats. The thunder and portland got ALOT better with the trades. The suns made a nice trade for brooks so i'm excited to see how that pans out.

Am I the only one to think the Celtics just got a bit weaker?

Though I think Green is a great glue piece. I think they gave up the best defender of Dwight in Perkins, and a spark plug off the bench in Nate. I think what Green will give them as a 6th man will be out weighed by the lose of Perkins one-on-one defense of top post players.

The Bobcats are clear losers. First they made the terrible move of trading Chandler in the summer, and now they practically gave away Wallace.... For what? a bit of cap space for 1 year

They did and also the bobcats. The thunder and portland got ALOT better with the trades. The suns made a nice trade for brooks so i'm excited to see how that pans out.

I do not think the Thunder did. I do not think Perkins will give the Thunder what they need, he is a well below average scorer... and they will still have no low post scoring. He will not fit in as well as he did in boston, and he has injury history.... They gave up there glue guy to get him.

Also now they have a dilema in having Maynor and Nate on the bench for back up mins.

A positive was that they opened up more mins. for Harden.

Blazers are all win, as long as Camby comes back healthy, they have no depth at both post positions anymore. It looks like they will have to play small ball too... using Wallace at the four for some amount of time. How they going to give mins to Roy, Batum, Wallace, Mathews and Rudy?

Though I think Green is a great glue piece. I think they gave up the best defender of Dwight in Perkins, and a spark plug off the bench in Nate. I think what Green will give them as a 6th man will be out weighed by the lose of Perkins one-on-one defense of top post players.

I agree 100%, the Celts blew it on this one. Perkins post defense is outstanding and Nate has been awesome for them. Now Dwight will have his way with them and West will be not be near as good fro them as Nate was.

OKC's defense might be good again and Perkins might be the perfect guy to turn Durant into a man and make that team less soft.

I heard a rumor that the Bostons will be making a play for Dwight, and that they would dump Perkins, Big Baby, and I think Garnett would sign for a lesser contract- but I am not sure about that. It appears that they are clearing the cap space. If they get Dwight, the team will be unbeatable.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The trade that took the cake for me, was Deron to Nets. They have an amazing floor general to build around. Could be a hell of a ball club in time. Secondly, much praise to Portland, amazing acquisition of Wallace. They have some very nice pieces. Speaking of nice pieces, OKC. CONTENDERS!

The losers, Rip Hamilton and Charlotte and right now Boston. If Troy Murphy is bought out and lands in Boston, I think that softens the blow.

HELL OF A DEADLINE THOUGH!

smile_bigparty.gif

The clear winners are the Nets

They got Deron mother f..... Williams

The Knicks are stronger.

The Blazers are stronger.

The Grizzlies are stronger.

The Bobcats are bizarrely rebuiliding just 8 months removed from their first playoff berth.

The Rockets are weaker.

The Jazz are weaker.

Big winners: Nets/Knicks

Big Losers: Bobcats/Rockets

Jury still out on Bos and Okc. I would give the edge to Boston, Perkins has knee problems and they seem to always get lucky with this trades,

The Winners:

Everyone is forgetting about the Suns. They got Aaron Brooks for nothing so that improves their bench.

The Thunder scored gold with getting size.

The Blazers got Wallace for some bench guys and first round picks.

The Nets aquire Deron Williams for just two players!

The Knicks get Melo and Billups.

The Grizzlies get battier back and get rid of that awful 7 footer they have. They also get an unwanted pointguard though. Williams, Conley, Vasquez, even Allen are the pointguards and now they add Smith so someone is going to be released.

The Losers:

The Bobcats lose their longtime franchise player and bring in bench players who can't play. MJ just saves and saves more money instead of making a playoff team.

The Celtics are in the middle. They lost two of their rookies, Perk, Nate, and Daniels. Jeff Green is a nice piece and Nenad is....meh. I like Johnson or whoever they brought in from the Dleague.

The Rockets get a 7 footer to replace Yao but hasn't shown any sign that he has potential. They let Aaron Brooks go for Dragic....ok.....Battier leaves and so does Smith. They also got Carroll.

The Jazz lost Deron Williams and got Harris and Favors. I don't see this team staying a playoff team for long.\

Anyone else wanted that Pacers/ Grizzlies deal to go down? Mayo would have really helped the Pacers try to contend for a playoff spot.

Winners- Suns, Thunder, Blazers, Nets, Knicks, Grizzlies

Losers- Bobcats, Celtics, Rockets, Jazz