Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

Start Arenas, and you will see a difference ...

at this point gil is not a starter in the nba. end of story. i wish it was not true but it is. somehow i hope it changes because i do not think we can win a 7 game series wth the top teams with nelson at pg. it appears that svg is limiting both of their minutes and i think that is a good thing.

Might get chance soon, Meer has knee issue of his own.

If there was a jeopardy question called, "The thing most likely to drive Emory bat crap insane" this would be the question. Of course, since you didn't phrase it in a question, I can't award you any points.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If there was a jeopardy question called, "The thing most likely to drive Emory bat crap insane" this would be the question. Of course, since you didn't phrase it in a question, I can't award you any points.

+1. Quite funny.

I'd take Lewis back for Arenas in a heartbeat. We traded a starting PF/SF that had a lot of chemistry with our team and had a lot of playoff experience (where he was usually clutch, aside from his awful Boston series last season). What we should have done is kept Lewis, and traded Bass and a draft pick for a better backup PG than Duhon. Our lineup could have been

PG - Nelson / new backup

SG - J-Rich / Redick

SF - Turk / Anderson / Clark / Lewis

PF - Lewis / Anderson / Clark

C - Howard / whoever they choose to spell Howard with at the time assuming there wasn't another big man to be had somehow / Allen

With Earl Clark soaking up minutes here and there and Q-Rich to a lesser extent than Clark

• Upvote 1

+1. Quite funny.

Thanks buddy! I'll be hear for another 5 years. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

• Downvote 1

I'd take Lewis back for Arenas in a heartbeat. We traded a starting PF/SF that had a lot of chemistry with our team and had a lot of playoff experience (where he was usually clutch, aside from his awful Boston series last season). What we should have done is kept Lewis, and traded Bass and a draft pick for a better backup PG than Duhon. Our lineup could have been

PG - Nelson / new backup

SG - J-Rich / Redick

SF - Turk / Anderson / Clark / Lewis

PF - Lewis / Anderson / Clark

C - Howard / whoever they choose to spell Howard with at the time assuming there wasn't another big man to be had somehow / Allen

With Earl Clark soaking up minutes here and there and Q-Rich to a lesser extent than Clark

No disagreeing with the notion that the trade was bad. However, neither Lewis or Arenas are starting caliber players right now. They might not even be bench guys at this point. Lewis has been terrible in Washington, as has Arenas in Orlando. IMHO, Lewis should have been benched in Orlando.

Thanks buddy! I'll be hear for another 5 years. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Wow, really? I thought it was kind of clever....

I'm so unappreciated in my day.

Last night Gil played with alot of emotion and attacked the basket with determination after not getting several calls and it just showed that if he really is focused he could be very dangerous in the pick n roll sets. Gil still has aways to go bc he just doesn't have the lift once he gets to the basket but overall he seems to be getting his bounce back

No disagreeing with the notion that the trade was bad. However, neither Lewis or Arenas are starting caliber players right now. They might not even be bench guys at this point. Lewis has been terrible in Washington, as has Arenas in Orlando. IMHO, Lewis should have been benched in Orlando.

I know Rashard has played poorly pretty much all season. I think Lewis has the ability to produce more as a member of the Magic. He just goes through bad slumps in the regular season. I agree that this season it was more than a slump. He's gotten to a point in his career where he is more of a role player. I think his role on the Magic trumps Arenas role with us. We should have kept him and just limited his minutes if Anderson is playing well and vice versa. At this point, I'd have higher hopes of him re-emerging in the playoffs than Arenas.