Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

Start Arenas, and you will see a difference ...

Anyone want to back me up on this one? Did he not look like he had that burst when attacking? If he can do that sooner or later they will have to blow the whistle when he is getting hit and put him on the line.

Yes I was a lot happier with what he was doing last night. And it's true, he was getting hit quite a lot and eventually he will get the calls. Seriously though, he was actually getting NEAR the basket at will. He needs to get back his finishing touch and I can see good upside to his game.

I actually liked the way Arenas went to the rack yesterday-he just didnt convert his shots. I also thought he might have gotten fouled more than he was given credit for on those drives. He seems to be getting faster. Hopefully he borrows Redick's shooting video over the summer and rediscovers his J. Last night was one of those flashes where you could see where he would benefit us. He got right around OKC's wings-which are very strong and quick not to mention good defenders.

Right now, Gilbert's best offense is driving to the rim to either kick out to an outside shooter or to somehow get his shot on the rim so that Dwight can clean it up. The rest of his game looks very, very bad. He's clearly running on one leg right now and I'm not sure how starting him is supposed to miraculously heal that knee.

He did attack much better last night however his shots were for the most part desperation heaves hoping Dwight would clean them up. On the bright side Dwight usually did.

• Upvote 1

I'm not trying to use this as a means of justifying his poor shooting %, but Gil really can't buy a call. In that regard, it makes little sense for the guy to drive hard and attack the basket. He isn't as quick as he used to be, so that hurts his chances of finishing at the rim, but he gets very little respect from officials when he does drive to the basket, making matters significantly worse.

Seriously, it's becoming more evident by the game.

Seriously, it's becoming more evident by the game.

I actually remember you stating this and witnessed it last night. Gilbert was even smacked in the face on one play last night and of course a no call.