Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

Harris is extremely fragile and without Avery forcing him to attack the basket he drifted away from what made him effective, attacking and getting to the line. He doesn't defend like he did in Dallas either, point being he has drawbacks as well. Utah made that deal because of the picks and Favors, Harris was icing.

i'd say Q's contract is fair, only 2 mil. Duhon at 3.5 was a bit much.

Its more the lenght of the contracts that I'm worried. We might have been able to use them as assets but I dont think anyone wants contracts so long.

My issue with everything is that Otis had a open checkbook to spend whatever he wanted to get a championship. He pulled the trigger a bit quickly on a couple of deals and retraded for Hedo after letting him walk (losing extra assets). After seeing everything that has transpired this week and the last 6 months, it is frustrating because a lot of teams are doing more with less money. The Heat and Bulls have spent a lot less and done much more.

I know speaking out on Otis will get me flamed. But come on. He had a friggin open checkbook and the best Center in the league!

• Upvote 2

My issue with everything is that Otis had a open checkbook to spend whatever he wanted to get a championship. He pulled the trigger a bit quickly on a couple of deals and retraded for Hedo after letting him walk (losing extra assets). After seeing everything that has transpired this week and the last 6 months, it is frustrating because a lot of teams are doing more with less money. The Heat and Bulls have spent a lot less and done much more.

I know speaking out on Otis will get me flamed. But come on. He had a friggin open checkbook and the best Center in the league!

In fairness to him he did the right thing, he just chose the wrong players. Lewis should never have been offered a contract, Wallace was available and most certainly would have loved to come here. Stretch 4's are much more common than Otis believed them to be. It is much harder to find a quality player that can shift between frontcourt and the wing. Otis has handled the sg spot about as well as he could imo. I dont know what other options have been available at the pg spot, but I hope Otis knows now that the status quo is not the answer at that position. Otherwise we really arent that bad off. Basically he moved his big mistake from shard to arenas.

Has anyone posted the latest video from Dwight Howard on the Sentinel. He is non-committal.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-orlando-magic-news-0224-20110223,0,4943760.story

This situation reminds of when a girlfriend gets insecure about a relationship and she has nothing to worry about. Unfortunately, her insecure nagging and worrying about you leaving her starts to make you go crazy and want out. The local media needs to leave him alone, and we can hope the Magic get him to stay.

In fairness to him he did the right thing, he just chose the wrong players. Lewis should never have been offered a contract, Wallace was available and most certainly would have loved to come here. Stretch 4's are much more common than Otis believed them to be. It is much harder to find a quality player that can shift between frontcourt and the wing. Otis has handled the sg spot about as well as he could imo. I dont know what other options have been available at the pg spot, but I hope Otis knows now that the status quo is not the answer at that position. Otherwise we really arent that bad off. Basically he moved his big mistake from shard to arenas.

We had some of the best packages to offer other teams and yet we came out the losers of the Phoenix trade. They should have given us a few picks and Lopez at least to take Turk of their hands. There was no other team in this league who was going to take Turk and they would have been stuck with him for 4 years.

We had some of the best packages to offer other teams and yet we came out the losers of the Phoenix trade. They should have given us a few picks and Lopez at least to take Turk of their hands. There was no other team in this league who was going to take Turk and they would have been stuck with him for 4 years.

I agree. I think Gortat, Vince and Jameer +1st could have easily gotten us Williams and CJ miles IF we would have waited. We could have thrown in MP and taken AK47 off their hands as a kicker. But hindsight is 20/20.

I agree. I think Gortat, Vince and Jameer +1st could have easily gotten us Williams and CJ miles IF we would have waited. We could have thrown in MP and taken AK47 off their hands as a kicker. But hindsight is 20/20.

I disagree. Harris, Favors and two very high picks trump what we could have offered.