Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

Kidd is an upgrade over Jameer in some ways and vice versa. I just think it would give a new look to the squad. Defensively, it's kind of a wash in the sense that it depends on who your matched up against. The Rondos, CP3s, and D Wills of the NBA will continue the abuse of the team as always but the bigger, stronger PGs who lack the blazing speed (Billups, for example) wouldn't be a mismatch. I'm not calling Jameer a God awful defender because he at least gives effort and does a decent job, but I like it when our lineup has the size advantage.

The problem with that is that Kidd's best advantage, which is passing, goes completely to waste on a team that is based on a lot of driving and kicking as well as being a scoring threat. Kidd was never much of a scorer but now he's basically awful at it. Not only that, but while Kidd would be an upgrade over Jameer in passing, it makes Hedo a bit more useless and takes way a little too much scoring from the wing (something the Magic are in desperate need for). I do like the prospect of Mayo but he's not there yet and having to drag JKidd's dead body around for another two years doesn't seem very enticing.

Folks,I don't want to say any deal has legs because that is how people on message boards become hated. And plus, I am not in the room or getting super secret sexts from Oat$$$.

But I made a thread about how he is still trying to improve the team, and I can assure you that he will if he gets a good deal that he likes and thinks can help us out. Memphis has other teams like the Bulls coming for Mayo, so they also would have options to weight as well..plus I am quite sure Otizzz is talking to other teams that none of us have heard about.

And after all that, if nothing happens, don't get upset. Be happy we did not make a bad deal that hurts the playoff run.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

KBerg_CBS Ken Berger

Once bought out by Golden State after trade from NJ, Troy Murphy will choose among Boston, Miami and Orlando, source tells @CBSSports.

Sounds like a buyout is happening.

As far as that J-Rich/Bass for Zach/Mayo... yeah, sign me up.

I'm not convinced Mayo would start over Redick, but either way we'd have 2 SGs while *way* upgrading the PF position and finally get Dwight some real help down there.

Dwight-Randolph-Turk-Redick-Jameer with a "bench mob" of Anderson-Q-Mayo-Arenas with some Earl Clark sprinkled in...

Yeah, I'd go to war with that.

If we were to trade for Mayo, I really think he would be coming off the bench. He is less productive than Redick, and I really think its Redick's play that has made Jrich expendable(along with his favorable contract). Now if Mayo comes in and plays the system better than Redick can then of course he will start. I sincerely doubt that would happen though-this season anyway.

I welcome the opportunity to bring Mayo in, but many here have an inflated opinion of what he brings.

the most intriguing thing about bringing Mayo back to me is that he's a young asset that could be used in a trade package next year. Otis needs to bring him in if he trades for Z-Bo, no question.

• Upvote 1

Not sure why all of you are bringing up Mayo. Rumor is Randolph for JRich and Bass. The thing that worries me is the same issue Elden Campbell and Shaq had in LA. They could not co-exist. I like the rebounding Randolph would bring and he did play in Portland with Brian Grant and Sheed so he has done it before. If Mayo is included then I thinks it's a no-brainer you do that trade. I would still try to sign Murphy too. That would stock our front line with 3 really good rebounders and our defense would improve because we would not give up offensive rebounds especially when Howard is out.

I've been thinking about this Arenas contract thing and I have a good feeling that the Allan Houston rule will come into effect after the CBA is renegotiated where every team gets to terminate one contract in exchange for something. If that happens then I would expect to see Arenas contract terminated. Then we would be players in 2012.