Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

I agree. I wish we played a bit more like the Celtics, with off ball screens and JJ/Jrich practising what Ray Allen does. Running around team mates getting away from their defender and making the pass if the defense rotates and starts collapsing.

But it doesn't look like SVG is going to change anything, even though he really should. It would really stop us from being close to one dimensional.

Boston has great passers like KG, Ray and Rondo. Hedo is arguably the Magic's best passer and he kind of sucks.

Yep. And then you hear Oti$$$$$$$$$$$ saying "we just have to make shots" , well that is all well and good but when all you do is launch 3s, even off the fast break. that's a problem. J Rich will make shots if he gets different looks besides 3 pointers.

that was a vanilla media answer. I don't think he really thinks we don't need a backup center. He just doesn't want everyone running wild with speculation.

that was a vanilla media answer. I don't think he really thinks we don't need a backup center. He just doesn't want everyone running wild with speculation.

Of course it was, and I agree. It is just frustrating that he says that stuff when the whole room and everyone with an IQ over 95 knows it's BS. and trust me, I get the GM Media thing..it is just not going to work much longer for Otis.

I also think we need better passers, but that's not happening this season. So you use Hedo off the wing to setup J Rich...or you bring in Clark more often at Pf and see if you can establish a high low game (clark is a good passer). you do something, anything different than the same perimeter passing scheme that we have leaned on for years now.

Of course it was, and I agree. It is just frustrating that he says that stuff when the whole room and everyone with an IQ over 95 knows it's BS. and trust me, I get the GM Media thing..it is just not going to work much longer for Otis.

I also think we need better passers, but that's not happening this season. So you use Hedo off the wing to setup J Rich...or you bring in Clark more often at Pf and see if you can establish a high low game (clark is a good passer). you do something, anything different than the same perimeter passing scheme that we have leaned on for years now.

i think we need a better P&R guy. Passing isn't a huge deal except for passing into the post.

J-Rich needs to actually try. I can deal with his horrible offense if he's playing defense. But we've gotten lit up by the likes of Willie Green and Jermaine Taylor recently while J-Rich is held to under 10 points.

I don't even care about the offense as much as the defense right now. . . it's miserable. The whole team looks like they're trying to play 1 on 1 defense and think their only job is to funnel guys into Dwight. . . after that it's "whatever bro" I understand JRich was never asked to defend, Hedo never defended, and Bass still doesn't know what it means to defend, but wow at least pretend. . . I can't fault Nelson for being small and not closing guys out but at least he helps on defense. . . it seems that those guys out there are just assuming someone else is going to help so they don't have to. Maybe because of Dwight's reputation they think they can get away with not doing anything. Whatever it is, it's pathetic

Listening to Kevin O' Conner yesterday and I was thinking to myself how much of a straight shooter he is. I understand that a GM has to play the game a certain way but like you said, time is not on Otis's side anymore.

I don't even care about the offense as much as the defense right now. . . it's miserable. The whole team looks like they're trying to play 1 on 1 defense and think their only job is to funnel guys into Dwight. . . after that it's "whatever bro" I understand JRich was never asked to defend, Hedo never defended, and Bass still doesn't know what it means to defend, but wow at least pretend. . . I can't fault Nelson for being small and not closing guys out but at least he helps on defense. . . it seems that those guys out there are just assuming someone else is going to help so they don't have to. Maybe because of Dwight's reputation they think they can get away with not doing anything. Whatever it is, it's pathetic

Otis seems to think its missed shots. I guess he didn't pay attention to the final score.

I know hes green but I really think another episode like the other night and Clark needs to start. He seems to be the only guy who shows up to play defense the entire game outside of Dwight.

Otis seems to think its missed shots. I guess he didn't pay attention to the final score.

I know hes green but I really think another episode like the other night and Clark needs to start. He seems to be the only guy who shows up to play defense the entire game outside of Dwight.

Maybe Otis, like a lot of people here, think the team plays well defensively if they're hitting their shots and feeding off that energy. . . I sure hope it's not really case because a team wanting to seriously contend should be feeding off of defense to hit shots, not the other way around.

Maybe Otis, like a lot of people here, think the team plays well defensively if they're hitting their shots and feeding off that energy. . . I sure hope it's not really case because a team wanting to seriously contend should be feeding off of defense to hit shots, not the other way around.

Well thats been discussed and admitted by Stan himself which leads me to wonder why is Otis saying something completely ridiculous like "we're just not making shots"? This team and the team before never really had that mentality in games consistently. I dunno. Can these old dogs learn new tricks? Jrich comes from a enviroment where defense was last priority. Hedo and Jameer should know better. Bass I think TRIES but is just not effective consistently.Arenas? I don't think we'll ever see Arenas the way we want to see him coming off the bench playing 20 minutes or so and even then we know his defensive abilities. I do give him credit he seems to have busy hands some times but staying in front of his man is never Gilbert's agenda.

Jameer really disappoints me with his mentality towards defense. Size plays a role but theres been quite a few guys smaller then him that have been an impact on defense. Its pretty much set in stone that any pg came come into our house and post career highs or season highs on us.

Well thats been discussed and admitted by Stan himself which leads me to wonder why SVG is saying one thing and Otis is saying another? This team and the team before never really had that mentality in games consistently. I dunno. Can these old dogs learn new tricks? Jrich comes from a enviroment where defense was last priority. Hedo and Jameer should know better. Bass I think TRIES but is just not effective consistently.Arenas? I don't think we'll ever see Arenas the way we want to see him coming off the bench playing 20 minutes or so.

Jameer really disappoints me with his mentality towards defense. Size plays a role but theres been quite a few guys smaller then him that have been an impact on defense. Its pretty much set in stone that any pg came come into our house and post career highs or season highs on us.

124aelt.jpg

note: data was possibly last updated Jan 19th