Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

Dwight Howard, the Orlando Magic’s unequivocal leader, spent most of Wednesday’s 111-105 loss to the Sacramento Kings pleading for his teammates to play harder.

He exploded on his team during a timeout in the second quarter. He harped on his team in almost every huddle. Even between whistles he’d bark words at his teammates.

After the game, Howard was tired of talking.

“I’ve said everything there is to say,” said Howard, sitting dejectedly in front of his lockers with a semi-circle of reporters around him. “That’s it. I’ve talked every timeout, when we’re in the huddle, in the locker room… What, you want me to Tweet about it? I’ve done everything I’m supposed to do as a leader.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/02/dwight-howard-rips-orlando-magic-after-loss-to-kings-video.html

Who's fault is it that the players are playing without energy?

- Stan's message not getting across to them?

- Bad group of players who think they'll cruise to a win?

- No leaders on the team?

honestly these guys should be the happiest in the league at the moment. Most of them have come across from losing teams to what was supposed to be a Championship caliber team in a brand new arena

Dwight in the last timeout looked disengaged and frustrated. The blame goes to the players and Otis.

Dwight in the last timeout looked disengaged and frustrated. The blame goes to the players and Otis.

This. Otis panicked and made two moves that are going to haunt this franchise for a long time. I'm hoping he can find a way to fix it tommorrow, but I doubt it.

This. Otis panicked and made two moves that are going to haunt this franchise for a long time. I'm hoping he can find a way to fix it tommorrow, but I doubt it.

Can't argue with that. Just hope you are wrong, but I am sure you do as well.

Honestly, barring an incredible wake up call or a hot string of games, I just can't see this team winning a title. And at this point, that is the only suitable outcome to a season. Anything less is a failure. And it REALLY sucks.

Not to blame Dwight for the loss or anything, but his teammates didn't foul on a Dalembert jumpshot in the final moments.

No, they just sucked for 40 of the 48 minutes, but yeah, let's blame Dwight and his poor play for the loss. Especially those paltry 31 points, and weak ass 17 rebounds.

There's a reason Stan was disgusted with the effort in that game, and a reason why he said everyone is disappointing him right now except for Dwight.