Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

We get Gasol duh, and that will be the year Fran comes over, then we will have an arena full of ******* fans!!!

We should trade for Rubio, the rights to Juan Carlos Navarro, and Jorge Garbajosa (spelling?).

LA has 2 teams. Remember that.

Clips have 30.6 million on the books for the 2012-2013 season. That number is with a $5 million Q-offer for eric gordon. With free agents during the next couple years, lotto draft picks, and resigning Deandre Jordan they should be well above the cap.

Edit: unless Baron Davis somehow decides to use his ETO and leave $14 million on the table.

Also, these conversations are somewhat moot until we figure out what the new CBA does.

I think they're expecting Dwight to pull a Carmelo. LA offers us Bynum, Shannon Brown, and ebanks.

I hope we'd just call their bluff. I'd rather trade Dwight for salary absorption so we can start off from scratch rather than add a bunch of players we don't want.

I was thinking about this scenario the other night. If Dwight pulled a Melo we are almost better off just starting over and get salary space than acquiring a bunch of good players that won't help us win a title while still having to pay luxury tax or be over the cap. If someone offered us a legit player to build around, that would be different but I wouldn't trade Dwight for the caliber of players Denver just got.

This. Clippers or Nets, OKC, Houston

Kaman's contract will be off the books. Which is 12 million. So is Foye's which is another 4 million or so. Baron Davis will be in his last year which is a tradeable asset if they be creative.

Think about Dwight/Griffin/Gordon.

I was thinking about this scenario the other night. If Dwight pulled a Melo we are almost better off just starting over and get salary space than acquiring a bunch of good players that won't help us win a title while still having to pay luxury tax or be over the cap. If someone offered us a legit player to build around, that would be different but I wouldn't trade Dwight for the caliber of players Denver just got.

Right. If we can get one borderline all star (eric gordon/danny granger type of guy), a few first round picks, and a salary dump of every long term contract we have we'd be better off than getting a bunch of high level role players.